Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official England v USA thread***

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
In which case you know very little about football. They beat Spain and were 2-0 up against Brazil not that long ago. They are a very organised side and WE DID NOT LOSE.

S'pose its all about opinions, but with the quality we have clearly shows some individuals do not reproduce their club form on an international stage.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I would take the result every time. USA are a strong team and will do okay in the competition. We dominated for long spells. We will be fine.

me too.

If there's one thing that drives me MAD watching England in the past is the basic inability to keep the ball and pass to another team member.

We certainly weren't spectacular but I thought we did the simple things well. For a change.

Never should have drawn that game. US were lucky.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
second half = gash.

were you watching the same game? we might not have won but we bossed the last 30min, they only got near our area about 2-3 times.

As for SW-P, why is he there? surely Joe Cole would have done better. Also disappointed with Lampard and Rooney.

agree about Lampard and Rooney, but SWP was ok. he smootherd their attacks and had a good go at goal... so fickle, if he'd have scored his subsitution would have been hailed as a masterstroke

In which case you know very little about football. They beat Spain and were 2-0 up against Brazil not that long ago. They are a very organised side and WE DID NOT LOSE.

exactly, USA were never going to be easy, their midfield is pretty useful and they are all energetic and disiplined. thought their back four are suspect and its shame we didnt test that more.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When we play a decent side and have Barry back, we won't play that formation surely. It'd have to go to a 4-5-1 unless you stuff Gerrard out to the left in the place of SWP, who did seem a bit out of place, or Milner. Gerrard ran the show in the centre and should stay there at the expense of the likes of Lamps if it comes to it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was thinking Green looked solid enough before his f*** up.

The back 4 looked solid enough except Carra looked like a slug when he came on.

Johnson and Lennon looked good down the right.

I'm surprised so many people are saying Lampard went missing, he done a decent job in an unfamiliar holding role. His passing was a bit shit though.

Gerrard went from good to wank every 10 minutes and SWP, Rooney and Heskey were all pretty wank.

Oh, and what a goon Milner is.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Perfect result

1: We didn't lose

2: Hopefully those who only watch a game every four years will calm down.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Poor performance, that would have been hidden had it not been for the hideous mistake.

James will be back on Friday, I fear

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
f***ing ITV !!! Missed the goal as clearly a number of others did - email fired off !

Dear ITV,

As a football supporter I wish to complain in the strongest terms regards the pathetic service supplied by ITV HD for the England match today. My family missed the England goal due to the incompetence of ITV. It is well known amongst football supporters how poor ITV are at broadcasting football but tonight took the biscuit. In such important match some plum decided to cut to adverts just as England scored.

It is time that ITV stopped showing football – you have been an non-league broadcaster of football for many a year. If you actually stopped the adverts during matches you might just stand a chance but your greed seems to override customer service. Sky seem capable of broadcasting football with adverts and the BBC seem top notch yet ITV are unprofessional, incompetent, non-customer friendly, greedy and down right pathetic !

I will be writing to my MP suggesting ITV should no longer have any rights to football.

Yours right royally pissed off,

Westdene Seagull

You'd be better off sending it to the company that actually made the mistake.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was thinking Green looked solid enough before his f*** up.

The back 4 looked solid enough except Carra looked like a slug when he came on.

Johnson and Lennon looked good down the right.

I'm surprised so many people are saying Lampard went missing, he done a decent job in an unfamiliar holding role. His passing was a bit shit though.

Gerrard went from good to wank every 10 minutes and SWP, Rooney and Heskey were all pretty wank.

Oh, and what a goon Milner is.

Green had very little to do - cocked up a soft shot, got lucky with a save and looked shaky on every back pass

Lampard - so what did he do well?

Heskey -come on, even his biggest critic would have praised him tonight

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Jay De Merit- mediocre championship centre-half, he being one example of a team littered with average individuals. Doesn't bode well does it? Then again its not suprising with a clown like Green in goal.

There's a big difference between a group of 'international stars' attempting to play together and a solid TEAM with it's fair share of mediocre players.

USA fall into the latter category and consistently prove they're a TEAM that will give anyone a run for their money. Say what you like about the tournament, but the Confederations Cup proved that beyond any doubt.

Anyone with the even the slightest knowledge of current International football will know that USA are never going to be an easy fixture these days.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
That is WHAT happens WHEN you get some FOREIGN numpty as MANAGER, they haven't got a f***ing CLUE and it HAS been PROVED right again TONIGHT. We should have a TRIED and tested ENGLISH manager like Harry Redknapp as manager and not SOME Italian NOBODY has EVER heard of. JUST what has Capellio EVER won in football ? f*** all unlike Harry WHO won the FA Cup and ALSO qualified Spurs for the CHAMPIONS League.
If Albion EVER appoint a FOREIGN manager then I will NEVER ever GO and watch THEM again.

FA OUT

SACK THE BOARD

SACK CAPPELLIO NOW

:angry::angry::angry:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Not great football really, I do wonder if they get paid far too much to play for their clubs, which makes turning our for their country second best, its just like a nice foreign holiday for them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Green had very little to do - cocked up a soft shot, got lucky with a save and looked shaky on every back pass

He allowed Gerrard to get forward, played HIS role well.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

Heskey -come on, even his biggest critic would have praised him tonight

He didn't have a lot to do but up until the gaff looked comfortable doing the small bits he had to do.

Lampard made a couple of decent runs from deep, spread play nicely at times and at least threatened to score once.

I think my biggest problem with Heskey is his crap finishing (straight at the keeper as usual) and that Rooney didn't look happy playing next to him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here