Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official England v USA thread***

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
England 1 - 1 Robert Green.

And why did Carragher come on for King in the second half? The guy is a dinosaur and with him and Green behind him, we were lucky we didn't concede again.

King is knackered...he is unable to train normally with the squad and if the commentator is to be believed can't even enjoy a kick-around in the back garden with his five year old lad...no doubt he used to be a very good player, but too much of a risk for a World Cup.

Positive for me tonight was that I thought Heskey was immense.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We started off with a draw in 1966 and 1990. What's the problem?:shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
King is knackered...he is unable to train normally with the squad and if the commentator is to be believed can't even enjoy a kick-around in the back garden with his five year old lad...no doubt he used to be a very good player, but too much of a risk for a World Cup.

Positive for me tonight was that I thought Heskey was immense.

so what the f*** is he doing there.......dawson could quite easily have done what he did tonight

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Why are they making out that Green made a wonder save?

That's the worst bit of it. They are pleasuring themselves over it to make up for his mistake - avoiding the fact that it's a routine scuff that shouldn't beat any keeper at the near post, which Green luckily touched onto the bar.

Hell, Graeme Smith could have managed that. It was straight at him.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am glad we didn't lose and I saw no sense in passing the ball back to the goalie with only minutes to go. Unsure why some of the subs were made but on to the next game.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1-1

Nervous start from both teams. Both teams to go on and win their other two games to qualify from the group no problem.

As predicted. No need to panic just yet. As others have said - might prove to be a good result for us long term as it keeps our feet firmly on the ground.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can't believe how despondent everyone is. We've got Algeria and Slovenia to play, it's a decent enough start with two easy fixtures to come. We'll win 4-0 and you'll all be screaming how we're going to win the cup again

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would take the result every time. USA are a strong team and will do okay in the competition. We dominated for long spells. We will be fine.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought the USA game was an easy fixture ???

In which case you know very little about football. They beat Spain and were 2-0 up against Brazil not that long ago. They are a very organised side and WE DID NOT LOSE.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why are they making out that Green made a wonder save?

spot on. He was poorly positioned and got lucky that the ball hit his hand, deflected onto the bar and could have gone anywhere. Not sure how many goals James and Green have let in this season but neither inspire confidence, in the fans or indeed their team mates.

Dont know why USA didnt sling in a few crosses to test Green.

As for SW-P, why is he there? surely Joe Cole would have done better. Also disappointed with Lampard and Rooney.

(not impressed with any part of ITV coverage)

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
he didn't though did he?

His crossing was complete and utter SHIT.

He did, though, didn't he?

Set up Heskey to miss one-on-one, played in Lampard to fall over, skinned the full-back and put in a ball Rooney missed. You'll see better performances from him, but he was as good as anyone else tonight, Heskey apart.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He did, though, didn't he?

Set up Heskey to miss one-on-one, played in Lampard to fall over, skinned the full-back and put in a ball Rooney missed. You'll see better performances from him, but he was as good as anyone else tonight, Heskey apart.

Nope, he played one good pass to Heskey, and played about 18 crosses to nobody.

Dog turd.

Could do with practising looking up instead of shaving his twatty eyebrows

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here