Polegate
What is this shit?

Back the beard? Katie Perry?

Talk aboout the football or f*** off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's ITV's name on the tin.

As is BBC, Channel Four and Five, plus pretty much every other channel you watch except a few exceptions. Unfortunately none of them supply the television to your home.

They may decide not to make you aware of that but it doesn't get away from the fact that mistakes like these are hardly ever the fault of the broadcaster.

Memories of television control rooms when the BBC (for example) went "behind the scenes" are long gone. All they could show you now is a cable out the building.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
another insult to my intelligence

EXACTLY !

Who schedules this shit !? :tantrum:

Lets be honest, it's got f*** all to do with football.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Nice that West Ham are winning the world cup for England again.

However,we will get through.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
no wonder robert green is backing the beard. we shouldn't let him near a razor for a few days!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
james corden - one joke - yes he's fat. hahahaha........NOT

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I taken quite an old fashioned approach to this years coverage, just watch the football and ignore all the nonsense that surrounds it.

This was actually the first game I've watched on television. Radio Five Live's coverage has been brilliant.

I had to turn it off tonight though, with the usual negative over reaction taken by I suspect Premiership fans.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Itv - no idea

They just have no idea. At least cow ell is actually tryingnto talk football. The rest is just shit. What if we had lost this game. Would they still be whoopingnin the studio? Does anyone at itv know what the world cup means to football fans?

dassie

Jun 12, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25
I'm intreeged to know where this halfwit learn't how not to spell.

OK, I admit that Westdene Seagull has problems with his English diction, but surely it has to be: "I'm intrigued to know where this halfwit learnt to spell" ! Pots and kettles comes to mind. Why exactly is it that nobody seems to be able to use English correctly?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25
I'm intreeged to know where this halfwit learn't how not to spell.

OK, I admit that Westdene Seagull has problems with his English diction, but surely it has to be: "I'm intrigued to know where this halfwit learnt to spell" ! Pots and kettles comes to mind. Why exactly is it that nobody seems to be able to use English correctly?

First post and straight into Gold. :clap:

When the line-ups came out the two names that had alarm bells ringing were green and heskey. Green seems to lack confidence and i think although Hart lacks experience he seems very composed when playing. Heskey didnt do a great deal and i thought that when Crouch came on he gave them a bit more of a problem. Still its a game of opinions and its very easy saying this from a keyboard.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As is BBC, Channel Four and Five, plus pretty much every other channel you watch except a few exceptions. Unfortunately none of them supply the television to your home.

They may decide not to make you aware of that but it doesn't get away from the fact that mistakes like these are hardly ever the fault of the broadcaster.

Memories of television control rooms when the BBC (for example) went "behind the scenes" are long gone. All they could show you now is a cable out the building.

ITV has apologised to viewers following an "interruption" during its live coverage of England's opening World Cup game.

Viewers of the channel's high definition HD service reported the channel had temporarily gone down, missing England's first goal of the competition.

Furious viewers immediately complained, with some describing the service as a "joke". England went on to draw the game against the United States 1-1.

Viewers reported that in the early stages of the match the coverage had suddenly switched to an advert. When live coverage returned viewers found they had missed England captain Steven Gerrard's opening goal against the USA.

ITV1 presenter Adrian Chiles apologised to viewers during the half-time break.

He said: "Apologies for those watching in HD, I believe there was some interruption in your coverage."

The chairman of ITV Michael Grade was forced to issue an apology for the "inexcusable glitch".

A spokeswoman insisted the problem had not originated in South Africa but she could not confirm how many viewers had been affected.

The glitch came after England had gone football crazy as the national team finally embarked on their bid for World Cup glory in South Africa.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
ITV has apologised to viewers following an "interruption" during its live coverage of England's opening World Cup game.

Viewers of the channel's high definition HD service reported the channel had temporarily gone down, missing England's first goal of the competition.

Furious viewers immediately complained, with some describing the service as a "joke". England went on to draw the game against the United States 1-1.

Viewers reported that in the early stages of the match the coverage had suddenly switched to an advert. When live coverage returned viewers found they had missed England captain Steven Gerrard's opening goal against the USA.

ITV1 presenter Adrian Chiles apologised to viewers during the half-time break.

He said: "Apologies for those watching in HD, I believe there was some interruption in your coverage."

The chairman of ITV Michael Grade was forced to issue an apology for the "inexcusable glitch".

A spokeswoman insisted the problem had not originated in South Africa but she could not confirm how many viewers had been affected.

The glitch came after England had gone football crazy as the national team finally embarked on their bid for World Cup glory in South Africa.

Thanks, but I know exactly how these things happen and who is responsible. As I predicted earlier on, ITV would instantly apologise but throw little light on where the problem actually look place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here