Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**OFFICIAL** American Express Community Stadium

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Great, spend my working week at Amex and now I have to go there Saturdays too!!

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
I work for the company too..will look forward more to visiting the stadium than I do Sussex House !!...fantastic that the Company have got involved in this way

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Amex. Gotta be.

I like it.

Hope so.

Good sponsor for the club.

"American Express Community Stadium" though - crappy name really, too wordy, and Colchester already have a community stadium (and it's the worst ground in the league!)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hope so.

Good sponsor for the club.

"American Express Community Stadium" though - crappy name really, too wordy, and Colchester already have a community stadium (and it's the worst ground in the league!)

To be fair, The Albion have been calling Falmer "The Community Stadium" long before Colchester even thought of having a new ground built. All through the planning battles it was always referred to as The Community Stadium so it was always going to be part of its name.

It'll be Falmer to most of us anyway so let's take their money and build a team with it. :thumbsup:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
It's an amazingly classy branding, one that immediately lifts the club way beyond names like:-

The Madejski (ooh, look at me Ma, King of Reading!)

The Walkers Stadium (Crisp packets)

The Britannia Stadium (boring, boring Building Society)

The Galpharm Stadium (McAlpine was at least recognisable)

The Matchroom Stadium (made from matchsticks)

Fitness First Stadium (Gyms and Geriatrics)

The Weston Homes Community Stadium (dodgy Essex builders)

The Emirates (dodgy oil billionaires)...

Given all of that, yes, our new name is a pretty good fit. In fact, it's Premiership quality.

But which is the WORST stadium name around? Branded ones only, so Selhurst Park is, unfortunately, excluded...

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I think the new full stadium title is ok, but a little bit of a mouthful.

Shorten it to or nickname it 'The Amex', for everyday use, and I think we are onto a winner.

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
Does anyone now how much the deal is worth?and will poyet get any of that money for transfers etc?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm fairly indifferent, but that would be with any sponsor. But it's a few quid in the club's coffers, so fair enough.

I'll still just refer to it as 'Falmer'.

Same here. The days of any character in British fooball are dead and buried - no more Goldstone Grounds, Elm Parks, Roker Parks, Baseball Grounds or Ayresome Parks. Sold out to the money men and necessarily so if clubs want to compete unfortunately.

The American Express Community Stadium (and variations thereof) is a rubbish name for the home of 'Brighton and Hove Albion Fooball Club' but, as said above, a good deal done all things considered. Not something I can personally get excited about though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm fairly indifferent, but that would be with any sponsor. But it's a few quid in the club's coffers, so fair enough.

I'll still just refer to it as 'Falmer'.
I don't see why you feel you have to be so glib about it. Amex are a global firm with a national HQ based in Brighton, and £20m is a f***ing shedload of cash to hand over to the local underachieving football club. Quite frankly, I think we've lucked out and personally I'll happily call it The Amex. It doesn't sound bad at all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yup, very pleased with that.
I think I shall mostly be referring to our new home as the Amex. Or on other days when I am feeling feisty, I might refer to it as the Amex Arena.

Its all good.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's an amazingly classy branding, one that immediately lifts the club way beyond names like:-

The Madejski (ooh, look at me Ma, King of Reading!)

The Walkers Stadium (Crisp packets)

The Britannia Stadium (boring, boring Building Society)

The Galpharm Stadium (McAlpine was at least recognisable)

The Matchroom Stadium (made from matchsticks)

Fitness First Stadium (Gyms and Geriatrics)

The Weston Homes Community Stadium (dodgy Essex builders)

The Emirates (dodgy oil billionaires)...

Given all of that, yes, our new name is a pretty good fit. In fact, it's Premiership quality.

But which is the WORST stadium name around? Branded ones only, so Selhurst Park is, unfortunately, excluded...

here we go again...brighton fans in "we are much better than you " shock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here