Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Can see this lad going to Leicester with the Brendan Rogers link. However, if this doesn't happen I would take a punt at no more than £15m if this is true. We have been tracking him for a while.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I agree, he is a gamble and if we are looking at a gamble I would rather we go for someone who has done it at a higher standard, but still a gamble like
Sasa Kalajdzic 23 year old forward for VfB Stuttgart who scored 16 goals in the Bundesliga and would cost around the same at 15 million..

https://youtu.be/AaCTXdvErRA

Dare i say it? Murrayesque! Not the quickest, but (from that clip) looks to know where the goal is and how to put the ball in it without needing to many touches.
As you say he is already doing it at a decent standard, wouldn't mind seeing a reel of his (or anyone else we're linked to) misses tho. Ali J and Locadia looked far better than they actually are for example.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bissouma is a very good player and still on the upgrade but 'world class' is a bit OTT.

It depends what your definition on 'world class' is. For me, being the best defensive midfielder in the EPL qualifies you as 'world class'. You might think Biss hasn't been the best DM this season but statistics say otherwise.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It depends what your definition on 'world class' is. For me, being the best defensive midfielder in the EPL qualifies you as 'world class'. You might think Biss hasn't been the best DM this season but statistics say otherwise.

'World Class' surely means he would get in a world best XI. Which Bissouma wouldn't! He's a quality Premier League midfielder, he's not world class! (yet)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That sort of money every club in the EPL would be interested, even the promoted teams .

If he chooses a Massive club like Arsenal :nono: he will be carrying the drinks for Lacca Saka and Boomerang , I like him so he should come here and live out the rest of his footballing days in peace harmony and total obscurity from the press .

Yes the peace and tranquility should appeal

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
'World Class' surely means he would get in a world best XI. Which Bissouma wouldn't! He's a quality Premier League midfielder, he's not world class! (yet)

I don’t think that there are only 11 world class players out there Commander with respect

Edit: Bissouma is NOT world class btw.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He's world class in terms of chest control. Dunk is good at nawking one back to Bobby S, but the Biss is a chest artiste, pinging and cushioning with a fiendish delight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's world class in terms of chest control. Dunk is good at nawking one back to Bobby S, but the Biss is a chest artiste, pinging and cushioning with a fiendish delight.

You're a tit man, aren't you? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I think world class is a top top player, as opposed to a top player. Bissouma is a top player, but he's not a top top player, yet.

That said, Harry Redknapp devalued the notion of top top player when he referred to Jermain Defoe as a top top player. It may be safer these days to reserve World Class to top top top players.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Whether Biss is world class or not is a matter of opinion.

For me he's not, yet!

But he is a top 6 player, so sadly possibly too good for us at this stage in his journey.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Whether Biss is world class or not is a matter of opinion.

For me he's not, yet!

But he is a top 6 player, so sadly possibly too good for us at this stage in his journey.

What defines world class ?
Is it getting into a world first XI or squad
made up from players all around the world maybe ?
Or are the parameters wider

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
23, 6ft 2, & has scored a load of goals for Celtic. This seems like a punt we should be going for, and is one of the more likely punts to succeed.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just seen a tweet from him saying he's told we're not in for Edouard

Seeing as the transfer window is not open, the club are not going to be telling Naylor we’re after anyone.

I’d be shocked if Odsonne wasn’t on our list of strikers (having apparently been on it when Celtic were quoting £30m).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here