Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yeah. He scored 15 PL goals that season. Here's hoping for more of the same.

There is a massive difference between the EPL and Scottish premier. The fact that Conner Goldstone made such an impact speaks volumes. Without doubt a quality Championship player but EPL … I think not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
7E38FA1A-6711-411B-B291-36C715FE06AC.jpeg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He’s scored a few goals in a league were only two teams can win it, and a standard thats not EPl. We’ve dodged a bullet and our slightly challenged neighbours are welcome to him

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Anyone who thinks Anderson and Edouard wouldn’t strengthen our team is kidding themselves on because it’s palace. Throw in the signing of Gallagher and they have had a much better window than us.

Edouard will score a load of goals, he’s class. I’ve seen loads of him living up here (Glasgow) and am fuming we have been beaten to his signing by them. Having him and Maupay duelling it out to be number 9 with Welbeck as back up would have been the final piece of the jigsaw. I’m sure the usual posters will be along to tell me the recruitment team know what they are doing and are working hard but this window has been a total missed opportunity.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m an Eduoard fan boy but I’d not be happy about our club investing £18.2m in his salary. Way too much.

Yes, he’ll score against us, probably in most fixtures but for a player who has never performed in a top league, his agent has pulled off a masterstroke getting that weekly salary. If he flips, we’ll be laughing at them for years.

Celtic too will be rubbing their hands with glee.

I wonder how they'll feel when they're told they'll only get 5p in the pound from CP2021?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Anyone who thinks Anderson and Edouard wouldn’t strengthen our team is kidding themselves on because it’s palace. Throw in the signing of Gallagher and they have had a much better window than us.

Edouard will score a load of goals, he’s class. I’ve seen loads of him living up here (Glasgow) and am fuming we have been beaten to his signing by them. Having him and Maupay duelling it out to be number 9 with Welbeck as back up would have been the final piece of the jigsaw. I’m sure the usual posters will be along to tell me the recruitment team know what they are doing and are working hard but this window has been a total missed opportunity.
They've had a good window but needed a miracle window with the mess they were in. It might be enough but they have wafer thin quality so injuries will decide.

Edouard is a risk though, he's going to take time to get back to where he was and sort his attitude out. I'm relieved we didn't go for him, it would be another locadia.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
There is a massive difference between the EPL and Scottish premier. The fact that Conner Goldstone made such an impact speaks volumes. Without doubt a quality Championship player but EPL … I think not.

I don't disagree with you; it's a huge jump in quality. I hope Edouard can make it successfully but it's certainly not guaranteed.

I was just pointing out that Benteke had an outstanding first season at Palace and his goals kept us up, so it was a bit of an odd comparison to make.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I don't disagree with you; it's a huge jump in quality. I hope Edouard can make it successfully but it's certainly not guaranteed.

I was just pointing out that Benteke had an outstanding first season at Palace and his goals kept us up, so it was a bit of an odd comparison to make.

I like Benteke and would have him here. His problem is that he needs a change of scenery.
If Edouard had signed for £5m then you could argue that it was a calculated risk but £14m …. That’s a no from me.
I can’t get excited by any striker in Scotland as it is shithouse and comparable to bottom half championship at the very best.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Forget the league, 78 top division goals as a 23 year old is a great achievement. A much better record than anyone we've ever signed. He'll be a much better player when 26.

We've f***** this

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Forget the league, 78 top division goals as a 23 year old is a great achievement. A much better record than anyone we've ever signed. He'll be a much better player when 26.

We've f***** this

It's hard to forget the league when it's basically League One though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

We've f***** this

Forget the league? :lolol:

Its certainly relevant.

116 games and 66 goals against League Two level opposition... Jordan Rhodes did it in League One. But its decent of course, not the same amounts as the SPL records of world beaters like Kris Boyd or Gary Hooper, but nonetheless decent.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

We've f***** this

FFS , It is everything about the league and to think otherwise is quite frankly stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here