Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
For what it's worth radio pundits I heard last night were generally underwhelmed. A couple pointed out how many other clubs had looked at him apparently with interest and then gone elsewhere. General view seemed to be he is a player with a big question mark and a point to prove.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
For what it's worth radio pundits I heard last night were generally underwhelmed. A couple pointed out how many other clubs had looked at him apparently with interest and then gone elsewhere. General view seemed to be he is a player with a big question mark and a point to prove.
Yea i heard that too. They say now he has his move and the money, how will he adapt and will he be bothered..

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder which set of fans will be gleefully bouncing this thread? (Assuming it ever drops off page one).

Actually yes, it'll probably stay a permanent fixture on Page 1 of NSC. Every time he scores the Palace lot will come out of the woodwork, and every time he's useless we'll be gloating.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I think it's a 50/50 shout. Palace's real problem is integrating so many new players quickly. Will be interesting to see how Viera does it- big bang or drip feed?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think it's a 50/50 shout. Palace's real problem is integrating so many new players quickly. Will be interesting to see how Viera does it- big bang or drip feed?

Good points. I know pat has introduced double sessions and most of the new players are up to speed , so to speak. The style is a lot different but it’s early days and I’m hopeful. At least it won’t be boring :smile:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he's a talented player, but I'm not convinced 70k a week for 5 years is justified. The fee was right, but the contract is a bit heavy unless you can insert clauses to protect you in case of relegation, or him being a bit Locadia.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Given the numbers for the eventual deal for Edouard to Palace, and the rumours that had been floating around about "offers" we'd supposedly made and had rejected that were higher than the eventual sale I can only see two possibilities on why we didn't sign him:

1. We were never actually interested. The rumours were seeded to try to create a bidding war that failed and Celtic eventually sold just to get a fee.

2. We were interested, but the actual problem was Edouard's personal terms rather than whether the clubs could agree.

I suspect 1 is the truth here.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It’s very possible he could fail there and still have been a success here. Harry Kane would struggle to get 20 goals from the number of chances they create…

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Their biggest problem is Roy took an aging squad as far as he could and then it imploded, They now remind me of us under Hyypia with Burke in charge of recruitment.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just got to hope he is sh1t.

Universal opinion on here was he was going to be the answer but the more it seemed unlikely we would pay then the lickers changed the universal to he's shit.

Personally would of gone for the punt seeing as what we are left with but time will tell.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Universal opinion on here was he was going to be the answer but the more it seemed unlikely we would pay then the lickers changed the universal to he's shit.

Personally would of gone for the punt seeing as what we are left with but time will tell.
What bollocks. There were plenty of us not keen long before it became clear it was a drawn out media invented farce.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No better than we already have.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

14 mill and wages of 70k per week for 5 years is not a punt. The total deal will cost palace 14m + 18.2m = an eye watering 32.2m over 5 years for an unproven striker in the premier league. Now if he was coming from Spain or France I could maybe understand it but Scotland …. Hell of a risk!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Time will tell if they've signed a player or a problem for 5 years.

I know what I think - he'll be bad, and they will try to get rid of him. That said, he will probably score in his debut, to make people panic, and then in both games against Brighton for the same reason (sponsored by Satan). And that will probably be all, pretty much.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Given the numbers for the eventual deal for Edouard to Palace, and the rumours that had been floating around about "offers" we'd supposedly made and had rejected that were higher than the eventual sale I can only see two possibilities on why we didn't sign him:

1. We were never actually interested. The rumours were seeded to try to create a bidding war that failed and Celtic eventually sold just to get a fee.

2. We were interested, but the actual problem was Edouard's personal terms rather than whether the clubs could agree.

I suspect 1 is the truth here.

1. is correct. Albion made no contact with Celtic about him this summer. Therefore there was no offer.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1. is correct. Albion made no contact with Celtic about him this summer. Therefore there was no offer.

Well, if that's the case I'm very happy - vindicated even. Never thought he was worth us going for him.

Palace have got him. It's like when you're running home from schooll, in a tight group, and you're at the front and are the one that sees and jumps over the dog turd......
But enough about my childhood ................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here