Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It’s only a few months since Celtic fans were laughing at the idea that Edouard would consider joining little old Brighton, as he was far too good for us. Fickle lot. Glad NSC isn’t like that :lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Today’s Daily Record:

“Odsonne Edouard looks certain to leave this summer, but could make the first game at Tynecastle ahead of a switch to Brighton”.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Hello! Hello! ......Damn signal.

I'm on a glacier in the Bernese Oberland in Switzerland. Our helicopter pilot told us of a hermit who lives in a cave on the Jungfrau.

Like all good monks, he goes to Thailand for his holidays. He told the pilot that when he was in a bar in Ko Samui, a crusty old fisherman told of a pearl diver who lives on another island a day's sailing away.

Well, his long lost cousin in the Laos jungle thinks Edouard is shitehouse.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Schick is a modern day Milan Baros IMO

Baros had only played domestic Czech football and international qualifiers before going to Liverpool. Schick has developed playing European football in top leagues, he was excellent in the Euros and his international ratio is currently ahead of Baros. But as you say, it's a game of opinions.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Baros had only played domestic Czech football and international qualifiers before going to Liverpool. Schick has developed playing European football in top leagues, he was excellent in the Euros and his international ratio is currently ahead of Baros. But as you say, it's a game of opinions.

Haha I was being slightly tongue in cheek. The transfer interest in him following his successful international tournament just reminded me of Baros but I'm aware he has more of a pedigree than his compatriot did

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This is a very good Twitter thread on how transfers are reported from Sam Lee - The Athletic's Man City correspondent and how journalists are treated and sometimes abused depending on what they report. .
https://twitter.com/SamLee/status/1419997428359565343
He wrote it up into an article here
https://theathletic.com/2736042/202...football-transfers/?source=emp_shared_article

Covering transfer rumours is the very worst part of a football writer's job, and I speak as someone who once spent four hours on the phone to Israel and South Africa listening to gangsters and money-launderers claiming they really owned P*rtsm**th back in 2009. It's to be avoided at all costs. Better to volunteer to do the fantasy football page (which I did, many times) or go to a Reading match.

When people ask why I disbelieve 99 percent of transfer stories, I usually say it's because I know the people who make them up. Do I blame them? Putting two and two together to make five (eg Maguire has gone to Manchester United so Leicester will need a replacement so might be interested in Lewis Dunk) is less stressful than putting in calls to agents, chief executives and press officers, who will then probably lie to you*. And the clickbait kids working for free as interns know no better than to recycle other people's fictions.

*I exempt the Albion from these remarks. No-one at the club has ever been less than straight to my knowledge. .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here