Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think he is a real talent.Playing for the U-23s at 16 years old says something.........excited moi? Oui!

TNBA

TTF

Emmerson hasn't yet featured for the U-23s (other than a fixture in the Sussex Senior Cup against Bexhill, when an U-18 side was fielded).

You may be thinking of Evan Ferguson, who joined the club as an U-16 in January and scored three goals in 11 matches for the U-23s.

At any rate, I'd just like to say.......Jordan Maguire-Drew.

JMD scored two goals in six appearances for the U-21s (as they were then) in his U-16 schoolboy season. He was an incredibly talented footballer, scored great goals, and seemed destined for great things. He is also the same Jordan Maguire-Drew who, 8 years later, has never played above League Two level and is without a club currently having been released by League Two Leyton Orient at the end of last season.

The chances are neither Evan Ferguson nor Zak Emmerson will ever become Premier League regulars for Albion (or anyone else). The statistics are clear.

For both their sakes, let's presume that neither will make it, and just enjoy their development at the club for what it is.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This thread is so NSC I love it. I see another 100+ posts on this thread since the last time I checked and I think "ooh this might have legs".......but nope. 100+ posts of utter binfestery. Well done guys. :lolol:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Agree with this. Probably Knocky the same.

What's good is that the transfer window will be open for a couple of weeks of the season, which means GP has the whole of pre-season, plus a game or two to run the rule over Florin before making a final decision on whether to splash the cash or not

would we want a panic purchase? if the right player crops up for the right price, bloomy will strike like a salmon

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Dear oh dear, what a pity.

So you are suggesting we should play the waiting game with other known interested clubs sniffing around!? Thank the Lord you are not part of the club’s decision making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
would we want a panic purchase? if the right player crops up for the right price, bloomy will strike like a salmon

Panic buy? Bollox. It's just if we have got anyone lined up, we've got another five or six weeks (and three PL matches) before we decided whether to buy or not.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Panic buy? Bollox. It's just if we have got anyone lined up, we've got another five or six weeks (and three PL matches) before we decided whether to buy or not.

bollox. if another club buys our target, we won't be able to;

it's real life, not a computer game; bloomy hasn't got a time machine, we can't just restart the game

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I NEVER join in these threads, but I've now got the chance to write a classic NSC-ism:

My mate's a Celtic fan and he reckons he's shitehouse.

This is my Scottish colleague at work. During a departmental Teams call yesterday morning the conversation for some unaccountable reason strayed off work and onto football, specifically Celtic's now-traditional failure to beat teams that their youth side would have crushed in their heyday. One of his (printable) quotes: "Worst signing in the last twenty years. Brighton can have him!" I think in the bi-polar nature of football fans that comment was more than a little tainted by the previous night's result, but he's never really raved about him. Mind you he's nearly my age so he too remembers when Celtic used to be good.

EDIT: Apologies to those who saw a new post and opened this classic hoping to read something about the actual transfer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here