Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1.png

1042 posts later :lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I have a feeling we are yet again going in to the new season with out a new striker, a risk again but will we pull it off this time ?

I know.

Some here seem ok with that. I actually do rate Maupay, but the lad needs some real competition. And Welbeck? Absolutely class player for us. But will he play all 30 odd games this season, I’m dubious.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Logic dictates that if we do into next season with the exact same strikers we will get the exact same result, i.e. a lack of cutting edge and a bottom 6 finish.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So if true the Daily Record and all the Celtic ITK’s are all being played by the agent.

For the record, I absolutely believe Naylor/his source. But it is quite comical we have sources north of the border saying the complete opposite though.

About a month ago, the papers were full of stories saying that White to Arsenal was a done deal and he would be signing in the next couple of days. Stories that Naylor/Owen downplayed, saying that a bid had been made but was a long way off.

They were absolutely right about that, so why are people not believing them this time?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
totally meh if we cash in on Ben White and don't reinvest in the area that we have clearly struggled with.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Logic dictates that if we do into next season with the exact same strikers we will get the exact same result, i.e. a lack of cutting edge and a bottom 6 finish.

We would inevitably start the season as one of the favs to go down, rather than as a dark horse / pushing for top half. It's a crying shame we seem to be in this position again.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
About a month ago, the papers were full of stories saying that White to Arsenal was a done deal and he would be signing in the next couple of days. Stories that Naylor/Owen downplayed, saying that a bid had been made but was a long way off.

They were absolutely right about that, so why are people not believing them this time?

Correct. That’s my angle too, and why I’m staying open minded. Hopefully it plays out that way. Ben White, biggest transfer sale in our clubs history… dismissed as nonsense by Owen and silence from Naylor. We got all the info from Arsenal sources.

Fwiw the Celtic ITKs seem fairly reliable from followers comments I’ve read. I suppose it could be all agent talk though. As always, we’ll find out the situation when the window shuts.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Yep.

I’m baffled how some can’t see this. Yes of course the midfield should step up and score more, but there’s no question we lack a cutting edge up front.

As much as I love the guy, I’m sure I wasn’t the only one swearing at Maupay last season as he fluffed another chance.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
totally meh if we cash in on Ben White and don't reinvest in the area that we have clearly struggled with.

In the two years to 30th June 2020 BHAFC recorded a net cash outflow of £130m. In other words, we spent £130m more than we received over those two years....a period when Covid only impacted us for three months. I'm sure there WILL be reinvestment (we've already spent quite a bit on Mwepu)....but financially it is bloody tough.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Logic dictates that if we do into next season with the exact same TEAM we will get the exact same result - so it's a good job we're not!

£20M spent this window already on a midfielder, several youngsters ready to have a break-out season, the rest with another seasom of PL experiencce behind them. The future looks exciting. Not all goals come from strikers; unfortunately the rest of our outfield players seem to think they should! They will need to step up this season and add a meaningful contribution to the goals that Maupay and Welbeck will score.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Logic dictates that if we do into next season with the exact same TEAM we will get the exact same result - so it's a good job we're not!

£20M spent this window already on a midfielder, several youngsters ready to have a break-out season, the rest with another seasom of PL experiencce behind them. The future looks exciting. Not all goals come from strikers; unfortunately the rest of our outfield players seem to think they should! They will need to step up this season and add a meaningful contribution to the goals that Maupay and Welbeck will score.

And let's not forget that the exact same TEAM delivered 24 points from 19 games in the second half of the season. That would have seen us in 12th position over 38 games.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yep.

I’m baffled how some can’t see this. Yes of course the midfield should step up and score more, but there’s no question we lack a cutting edge up front.

As much as I love the guy, I’m sure I wasn’t the only one swearing at Maupay last season as he fluffed another chance.

There's no need for bafflement - the answer lies in your avatar. The coach is there to iron out any shortcomings and improve the players we have, among other things. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvement in our forwards.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Yep.

Anyone who cannot see we don’t need a striker is seriously deluded IMO, how many clear chances did we miss last season??

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Getting back to the topic of the thread . . .

According to TalkSport last night, Palarce are now in the box seat to acquirethe services of Edouard. Patrick Viera has long been an admirer of his fellow Frenchman it would seem.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So if true the Daily Record and all the Celtic ITK’s are all being played by the agent.

For the record, I absolutely believe Naylor/his source. But it is quite comical we have sources north of the border saying the complete opposite though.

It might not be the agent.

FOMO is a great sales strategy.

Edouard has a year left on his contract and Celtic must be worried he will see out the final year and leave on a free.

By leaking false rumours of our interest they could motivate other interested teams to make a genuine offer.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There's no need for bafflement - the answer lies in your avatar. The coach is there to iron out any shortcomings and improve the players we have, among other things. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvement in our forwards.

Well of course. And you’ll find no bigger fan of the manager than me! However if you follow your logic through why buy anyone? Why did we buy Mwepu? Why we did sign Welbeck?

Truth is I still believe in Maupay. Yet he needs competition. And Welbeck is not going to be fit all season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Getting back to the topic of the thread . . .

According to TalkSport last night, Palarce are now in the box seat to acquirethe services of Edouard. Patrick Viera has long been an admirer of his fellow Frenchman it would seem.

Vieira can admire all he likes, the blonde pr1ck Parish doesn't holds the purse strings, and we all know he doesn't like spending money on player transfer fees or stadium refurbishments...... firefight the squad deficiencies and the dilapidated stadium crumblings....... Parish likes to talk the talk but he won't spend big on Edouard whilst Barndoor Benteke is still there.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It might not be the agent.

FOMO is a great sales strategy.

Edouard has a year left on his contract and Celtic must be worried he will see out the final year and leave on a free.

By leaking false rumours of our interest they could motivate other interested teams to make a genuine offer.

Good point! Could be that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here