Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It isn't as simple as that though either. No doubt Celtic play two up top when they are playing Dunfermline or whatever dross is at the bottom of the MTL these days. Away in the Champions League? One up top. The very strong likelihood is that there is a corrolation between one up top and quality of opposition.

Their annual CL campaign lasting for a week in July :smile:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
That sort of player is increasingly rare and will probably cost more than Eduardo.

Very possibly but as a team we would benefit hugely from that sort of a forward. Our transition is often so slow and I suspect part of the reason is that as we break unless Lamptey is playing everyone else wants to come short or join in the play. Our threat in the space behind the oppositions back four is dependent upon the RWB sprinting 60 yards so quickly he can get ahead of the ball, that's a big ask even for him. If the ball goes infield or to anybody else the whole attack slows down and unless we can work some space with clever inter-passing the chance is lost.

I totally agree with your earlier comments about the midfield stepping up but we are not turning defences to enable the AM players to see the ball in the right areas to score goals. They could still do better with the chances they do get no question, but its not often we create an opportunity where a midfield player is coming onto the ball in or just outside the box. If we had a player than offered that threat in behind it presumably would create more space in those areas as opposition teams are forced to drop deeper?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
You have a problem understanding words.
I state: Andone might step up
You claim that I have stated that Andone is the messiah

Try to deal with what people say

Calm down dear. I wasn’t specifically talking about your comment. There are a lot of people expecting/hoping Andone will play a big part this year. I can’t understand why a player deemed surplus to requirements by Potter will now be a key squad player having done nothing in the interim other than have a serious injury :shrug:
I genuinely hope I’m wrong, but he’s a beneficiary of the ‘gets better by not playing’ NSC phenomena.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Calm down dear. I wasn’t specifically talking about your comment. There are a lot of people expecting/hoping Andone will play a big part this year. I can’t understand why a player deemed surplus to requirements by Potter will now be a key squad player having done nothing in the interim other than have a serious injury :shrug:
I genuinely hope I’m wrong, but he’s a beneficiary of the ‘gets better by not playing’ NSC phenomena.

There’s a top flight player in there somewhere, for example the CP goal is as good as any Albion goal I’ve seen.

Perhaps he’s matured, so able to give us some consistency, work-rate and cutting out the overly aggressive nonsense?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He looked fantastic under Potter against Watford before he was shipped.

Shipping out Andone as he did was very much a case of Potter establishing his authority, flexing his muscles in a sense - that's my opinion anyway. Players had to learn not to mess with Potter - after all, he was a relatively rookie manager who'd never managed at this level before.

Not saying that Andone will turn out to be a main man for us - but it's surely worth having a look to see if he might? And maybe better to do this before shelling out £20M for a player with a track record comparable to Maupay's before he joined us .............

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Shipping out Andone as he did was very much a case of Potter establishing his authority, flexing his muscles in a sense - that's my opinion anyway. Players had to learn not to mess with Potter - after all, he was a relatively rookie manager who'd never managed at this level before.

Not saying that Andone will turn out to be a main man for us - but it's surely worth having a look to see if he might? And maybe better to do this before shelling out £20M for a player with a track record comparable to Maupay's before he joined us .............

Agree with this. Probably Knocky the same.

What's good is that the transfer window will be open for a couple of weeks of the season, which means GP has the whole of pre-season, plus a game or two to run the rule over Florin before making a final decision on whether to splash the cash or not

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Very much this.

I'm hoping that (after a nice chat), GPs degree in social sciences and Masters in leadership & emotional intelligence will lead to burnt bridges being repaired, and Andone being re-integrated into the squad. I don't think anyone doubts Andone's talent, its just getting his head right, which is shirley half the reason GP is here.

Give FA another chance, and we might just already have the player we've been crying out for. He looks to me like someone who could hit a rich streak for us.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Very much this.

I'm hoping that (after a nice chat), GPs degree in social sciences and Masters in leadership & emotional intelligence will lead to burnt bridges being repaired, and Andone being re-integrated into the squad. I don't think anyone doubts Andone's talent, its just getting his head right, which is shirley half the reason GP is here.

Give FA another chance, and we might just already have the player we've been crying out for. He looks to me like someone who could hit a rich streak for us.

Sweet FA :wink:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree with this. Probably Knocky the same.

What's good is that the transfer window will be open for a couple of weeks of the season, which means GP has the whole of pre-season, plus a game or two to run the rule over Florin before making a final decision on whether to splash the cash or not

Three PL matches to play, and we'd still have five days left to assess Andone and co. and make a bid for Edouard if we felt we needed to (and obviously at a lower price if no-one else had come in for him).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Very much this.

A rich streak would be 10 goals at most IMHO. And that assumes Potter sorts Andone’s head out.

No, a new striker is definitely required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Three PL matches to play, and we'd still have five days left to assess Andone and co. and make a bid for Edouard if we felt we needed to (and obviously at a lower price if no-one else had come in for him).

It would probably too late by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
has he signed yet?

It’s gone way off topic - I did suggest 60 pages ago letting the thread go - everytime it’s bounced I’m hoping for some positive news but it’s someone talking about Andone’s left foot shots from 16yards average etc :)

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Very much this.

If only. It would be wonderful if it did work out but I just feel Andone has a self destruct button that could be pressed at any given moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here