Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They are probably both sick of repeating themselves and won’t bother saying anything.

Think both have only commented once on it - a Naylor tweet reply and one Owen article so not so sure…

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think they would say something if its still a load of horseshit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Unless they have their articles about another striker ready to go.

Just waiting for the Ben White sale to announce a striker signing ? ???

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks! They must be unpleasant fellows IRL.

Odsonne Édouard Ate My Hamster

Journalists exaggerate all the time, whether it’s putting their own spin on covid or Brexit or wine writers pretending Selhurst Park is a great venue to quaff in.

I doubt football’s any different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Unless they have their articles about another striker ready to go.

Just waiting for the Ben White sale to announce a striker signing ? ???

Very optimistic!

When was the last time we signed a player out of the blue without any prior knowledge? It seems that all of our transfers now are known about for at least a week before confirmation?

So if it's not Edouard, I don't think any striker is close.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lord knows what's happening with this one - all very odd. I am looking forward to seeing whether it's the BHA or Celtic journos that end up having some of their tweets played back to them............in the great scheme of things it'll be quickly forgotten, but not among our (or their) own fans. Reputations on the line somewhat :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very optimistic!

When was the last time we signed a player out of the blue without any prior knowledge? It seems that all of our transfers now are known about for at least a week before confirmation?

Veltman was definitely out of the blue.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Very optimistic!

Joel Veltman.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think they would say something if its still a load of horseshit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

They already have, so either it's still horseshit and they can't be bothered to engage again or it isn't and they're either unaware or being told to keep schtum.

The rumours are hardening up it seems, but it's rare for both of the main Brighton reporters to be wrong. That's even if they are wrong, "no interest" and "no bid" are very different

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
By the way, I am not saying we are not interested in Edouard.

However I am saying that I don't believe Owen and Naylor's "well placed source" at the club would feed them a lie which they then didn't caveat with a "but things could change".

It is the lack of caveats which make me think they both have a good reason to trust the words of the club source.

The club must love this smokescreen if it is one.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Naylor / Owen and Argus are the best sources.

People say they know nothing but some of the comments using Zamora as an example sums it up. That was 1 player years ago.

Until they say it , its normally just rubbish isn't it.

The Daily Record report interesting but still looks like agent talk drumming up a bigger club.

Would hope for a u turn today from them if any substance to this

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Journalists exaggerate all the time, whether it’s putting their own spin on covid or Brexit or wine writers pretending Selhurst Park is a great venue to quaff in.

I doubt football’s any different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has a wine writer or, what's worse, wine writers claimed Selhurst is a great venue to quaff in?
In a former life, I've been to tastings at Stamford Bridge and Lords.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
By the way, I am not saying we are not interested in Edouard.

However I am saying that I don't believe Owen and Naylor's "well placed source" at the club would feed them a lie which they then didn't caveat with a "but things could change".

It is the lack of caveats which make me think they both have a good reason to trust the words of the club source.

The club must love this smokescreen if it is one.

As to your last two sentences, the club might have changed strategy following frustrations with what's happened last summer (Nunez?) when they did inform Naylor and Owen of interest. I think the first rule of poker is never reveal your hand unless you have to.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
in the great scheme of things it'll be quickly forgotten, but not among our (or their) own fans. :)

Ha! The journalist writing this story wrote only a few months ago that Yves Bissouma had asked to leave this summer. Sky went with a story for the last hotshot Celtic striker (Dembele) that we’d agreed a fee and it was all wrapped up. It wasn’t. Dubious Twitter accounts and publishers (“there must be something to it”) are shared on here with no scrutiny sometimes days after pushing other transfers / stories that have been knocked down by the journalists who actually check that stuff. . (Who are the only ones who get any flack !!)

Somehow I doubt it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ha! The journalist writing this story wrote only a few months ago that Yves Bissouma had asked to leave this summer. Sky went with a story for the last hotshot Celtic striker (Dembele) that we’d agreed a fee and it was all wrapped up. It wasn’t. Dubious Twitter accounts and publishers (“there must be something to it”) are shared on here with no scrutiny sometimes days after pushing other transfers / stories that have been knocked down by the journalists who actually check that stuff. . (Who are the only ones who get any flack !!)

Somehow I doubt it.

Yeah I know....point I was making is that if we did happen to make this signing, 'our' local journos will get slaughtered by our fans........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here