Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Some people seem very worried that Bissouma's value will drop like a stone next year because he'll be enterng the last year of his contract. Edouard is enterng the last year of his contract - does this huge drop in value just apply to Brighton players? - because it doesn't seem to apply when we are trying to buy! I suppose selling White for £50M has added another £10M to the asking price for anyone we're in for.
Edouard is a punt, that's for sure - but at that price seems to me to be twice as big a punt as it should be!

Really? £20m for a striker with a scoring record like his and some very strong natural attributes (good touch, pace and acceleration). Seems like a good price to me. Will be a punt of course, but players in our price and wage bracket always will be. I think he’s as exciting as we will find in our ‘arc’ of affordability.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thing about clubs not having cash....
Buendia £38 million (Norwich have already spent all of that)
Guehi £20 million
Mwepu £20 million
Sancho £78 million
Varane £40 million
White £50 million
Daka £23 million
Soumare £18 million
Konate £36 million
Gill £21 million
Etc etc

Kane 150? Haaland 150?

Still weeks to go....

Prem clubs have spent c £450 mill this window; they spent £1.41 billion in summer 2019 before Covid. We are 7 weeks in, 5 to go. Yes, money will be spent but I'd be surprised if it hits £1 billion.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Prem clubs have spent c £450 mill this window; they spent £1.41 billion in summer 2019 before Covid. We are 7 weeks in, 5 to go. Yes, money will be spent but I'd be surprised if it hits £1 billion.

But plenty of teams could offer 40-50 million for Biss.
That’s 450 million without potentially two of the largest transfers of all time and Man City and Chelsea not singing anyone. Clearly the league isn’t impoverished. Hesitant perhaps, but the money is there.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I doubt we would say it’s guaranteed. But equally, for someone who clearly has ambitions to be playing for a top club ‘you’d need to earn the right to play ahead of Connelly’ probably doesn’t hold too many fears.

Most players could probably get a game ahead of Connelly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If the best info we have is Duncan Castles then move on now. He’s f***ing useless. I’d trust a 15 year old’s Twitter called BEST TRANSFER RUMOURS with nothing more than a retweet bot more than Duncan Castles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
If the best info we have is Duncan Castles then move on now. He’s f***ing useless. I’d trust a 15 year old’s Twitter called BEST TRANSFER RUMOURS with nothing more than a retweet bot more than Duncan Castles.

We also have a Daily Record front page*

*Disclaimer: I have no clue if the Daily Record is in any way reliable

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We also have a Daily Record front page*

*Disclaimer: I have no clue if the Daily Record is in any way reliable
And in full circle... the daily record article is written by..... Duncan Castles.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...onne-edouard-transfer-offer-revealed-24629521

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Castles is often wrong but he was very right about White very early on. Similarly specific in his detail of the offers being made, was the first (I read) to say we were holding out for £50 million....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Castles is often wrong but he was very right about White very early on. Similarly specific in his detail of the offers being made, was the first (I read) to say we were holding out for £50 million....

I must have missed the post where the club confirmed he’d been sold, and for £50 mill on the dot to boot. Can you repost that link for me? Cheers.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I must have missed the post where the club confirmed he’d been sold, and for £50 mill on the dot to boot. Can you repost that link for me? Cheers.

Sounds like it’ll be announced tomorrow. As well you know. Every single media source is reporting it as that.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

With FFP limits rested for this season I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Prem figure be comfortably over 1B. This is a chance for the biggest clubs to really use their muscle

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Edouard and Cucurella in, Mwepu already looking like he can play whilst only loosing dead weight and Ben.. this would be a marvelous transfer window chaps.

Fingers crossed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
With FFP limits rested for this season I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Prem figure be comfortably over 1B. This is a chance for the biggest clubs to really use their muscle

Yes this. United already spending big, City trying to sign Kane and Grealish, Liverpool already signed Konate and linked with other big money signings, matter of time before Chelsea make a big move if they can’t get Haaland this summer. Even Villa have spent big again already.

It’s been forgotten that a lot of people have actually made a lot of money during Covid and some of these people own big PL football clubs. The total spending will be massive again.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yes this. United already spending big, City trying to sign Kane and Grealish, Liverpool already signed Konate and linked with other big money signings, matter of time before Chelsea make a big move if they can’t get Haaland this summer. Even Villa have spent big again already.

It’s been forgotten that a lot of people have actually made a lot of money during Covid and some of these people own big PL football clubs. The total spending will be massive again.
Everton will back Benitez in the hope of winning over support too. They supposedly inquired about White.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don’t know what to think but gut says still Naylor and Owen must be right and the rest is all agent talk. But ****ing hell I really do hope we are in for him - I think he’d be brilliant. Let’s hope Naylor or Owen backtrack soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here