Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If this is looking very likely or a bid has been accepted (no one has reported this yet), Mr Edouard will NOT line-up against FC Midtjylland tonight. A fake injury might well be the excuse.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We need Owen or Naylor to come out and say something today. Both been tagged in all the stories etc but no response… Either smuggly sitting there knowing they’re right or frantically trying to call their BHA contacts. You never know BHA contact may say look we’re in for him but we don’t want you mentioning him anywhere…

I’ve BLOCKED them BOTH!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
By the way, I am not saying we are not interested in Edouard.

However I am saying that I don't believe Owen and Naylor's "well placed source" at the club would feed them a lie which they then didn't caveat with a "but things could change".

It is the lack of caveats which make me think they both have a good reason to trust the words of the club source.

The club must love this smokescreen if it is one.

Good points. It is a weird one.

Especially as in the past I think the Argus HAVE reported us as being interested in Edouard. So to now say “STILL no interest” is equally odd.

If this transfer goes through their credibility does take a slight hit. But I’ve mentioned recently (no dig on their journalist credentials) whilst they’re our best sources, Naylor and especially Brian rarely break news? They tend to respond to news as it’s breaking. And honestly, I could say “no” to most names we’re linked with too and be right 90% of the time. Maybe we should try that sometime.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If this is looking very likely or a bid has been accepted (no one has reported this yet), Mr Edouard will NOT line-up against FC Midtjylland tonight. A fake injury might well be the excuse.

Exactly this! Great point. All may be revealed today/tomorrow. Let’s see how it pans out.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Thanks! They must be unpleasant fellows IRL.

Odsonne Édouard Ate My Hamster

As in every walk of life, some are, some aren't. People do what they think they have to do to put food on the table. I once spent a very pleasant Saturday afternoon in a cafe in Amsterdam with Duncan Castles and Matt Scott (then of the Daily Star) during a pre-season tournament talking mainly about music and he's a very amusing guy. But that doesn't affect my view of what he has written about Eduoard, although I think he'd be a good signing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What would the club have to gain by mis-leading Owen / Naylor? If we are interested, Celtic will know sooner or later because presumably we'd enquire. And you can imagine if we are interested, but don't want it being made public, it is more likely the players agent or Celtic make it known. And I'm pretty sure other clubs aren't going to be reading The Argus thinking 'shit we better move for Edouard before we lose him'

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

He'll be off to Brentford then......

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6:45 pm kickoff.

Teams announced 5:45 ? ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
What would the club have to gain by mis-leading Owen / Naylor?

Not that I think they would but to answer your question, it could be that they want people to think there is one target while quietly working on another under the rader.

It's not like the old Dick Knight days of needing to show we were trying - more often signings now come out of the blue with maybe only a day or two of 'notice'.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The record reporting…..

“In terms out outgoings, reports south of the border suggest Brighton are set to make their £20million move for star striker Odsonne Edouard when the sale of Ben White is completed.”

Reports south of the border? I’d imagined that the info was leaked via Celtic folk or agents. They’d reported we’d already made our move yesterday with a £18.5m offer? Could be BS all of this. Hope not though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Naylor / Owen and Argus are the best sources.

People say they know nothing but some of the comments using Zamora as an example sums it up. That was 1 player years ago.

Until they say it , its normally just rubbish isn't it.

The Daily Record report interesting but still looks like agent talk drumming up a bigger club.

Would hope for a u turn today from them if any substance to this

Zamora was not the only case, or the most recent, just the most memorable because Naylor really went to town on putting it down to wishful thinking of naive/foolish supporters.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The clue is in the name of the team Celtic are playing in a friendly. They are owned by the Brentford chairman.

Definitely not a friendly. Very big game for Celtic - 2nd leg of a Champs League qualifier. (Currently 1-1).

Edouard would be a big miss for them. I suspect he'll play, even if we are in for him.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Let's face it, the club is tighter than a duck's arse and they will only be telling Naylor anything if it suits the club to have it in the public domain. He will be no more "in the know" than us on here.

I remain convinced that there are one or two on here who have better links to the club than Naylor does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here