Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Definitely not a friendly. Very big game for Celtic - 2nd leg of a Champs League qualifier. (Currently 1-1).

Edouard would be a big miss for them. I suspect he'll play, even if we are in for him.

And alternatively if he’s not playing… something’s definitely afoot.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The record reporting…..

“In terms out outgoings, reports south of the border suggest Brighton are set to make their £20million move for star striker Odsonne Edouard when the sale of Ben White is completed.”

Reports south of the border? I’d imagined that the info was leaked via Celtic folk or agents. They’d reported we’d already made our move yesterday with a £18.5m offer? Could be BS all of this. Hope not though.

It could very well be BS or agents trying to drum up interest.

As much we all want a striker we have to urge caution until a deal is done. Tonight may give a clue though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Naylors tweeted in reply - so hard to tell whether it’s ‘me - not allowed are you mad? I do what I want’ or ‘I’ve been told I’m not allowed to comment on it’ - prob the first - just say Andy stop talking in riddles - the tweet says ‘not allowed’ with an arms out emoji when asked if he can tell us news on the Celtic striker or is he not allowed…

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylors tweeted in reply - so hard to tell whether it’s ‘me - not allowed are you mad? I do what I want’ or ‘I’ve been told I’m not allowed to comment on it’ - prob the first - just say Andy stop talking in riddles - the tweet says ‘not allowed’ with an arms folded emoji when asked if he can tell us news on the Celtic striker or is he not allowed…
[tweet]1420353983474974728[/tweet]

[tweet]1420356606945026049[/tweet]

He is questioning why he wouldn't be allowed.

I think it's his day off tomorrow - probably looking forward to turning off twitter lol.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Naylors tweeted in reply - so hard to tell whether it’s ‘me - not allowed are you mad? I do what I want’ or ‘I’ve been told I’m not allowed to comment on it’ - prob the first - just say Andy stop talking in riddles - the tweet says ‘not allowed’ with an arms folded emoji when asked if he can tell us news on the Celtic striker or is he not allowed…

saw that too.

Its definitely Naylor saying nobody is stopping him from saying anything.

Think he has learnt through many years to only report on fact. At this stage he has no information with which to report on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[tweet]1420353983474974728[/tweet]

[tweet]1420356606945026049[/tweet]

He is questioning why he wouldn't be allowed.

I think it's his day off tomorrow - probably looking forward to turning off twitter lol.

Arrogance & jobsworthy control personified…

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perfectly reasonable response from Naylor imo

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
All my journalist friends would have seen that 'not allowed' query and it would have been red rag to a bull. The whole point of journalism is there is no such thing as not allowed... think Naylor is being very polite.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
"Pundits like Charlie Nicholas have criticised Edouard in the past [Glasgow Times]. His natural calm and focus have been misinterpreted as laziness or lack of enthusiasm in playing for Celtic."

Very definitely Murray's natural successor, on that basis. :clap2:

A very clever and subtle use of the clapping smiley. Never forget!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
All my journalist friends would have seen that 'not allowed' query and it would have been red rag to a bull. The whole point of journalism is there is no such thing as not allowed... think Naylor is being very polite.

I think the question was a clumsy way of asking Naylor if perhaps there was some sort of embargo on the transfer announcement.

Your view says alot about the self importance of journalists.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Pundits like Charlie Nicholas have criticised Edouard in the past [Glasgow Times]. His natural calm and focus have been misinterpreted as laziness or lack of enthusiasm in playing for Celtic."

Very definitely Murray's natural successor, on that basis. :clap2:

If “laconic” covers him I’m IN. Back in Murray’s early days the lack of headless chicken running around from Murray infuriated a fairly large section of Albion fans The surly lazy Northern *******. Abuse from the terraces rained down on him, especially at away games we were losing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here