Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
https://tuttocalciomercato24.com/ce...utti-e-vuole-chiudere-per-odsonne-edouard/amp

Odsonne Edouard will leave Celtic in this transfer market session. West Ham was strong on the player, but in the last hours Brighton have put the arrow offering the Scots 25 million euros. Except for sensational twists in a few days, the transfer should be closed with the center forward ready to join the Premier League.

West Ham have no money BTW.

Beating Palace to this lad would be incredibly sweet as there are some of their fans (on another thread) who have him as good as signed for them.

Sadly, this would surely mean Onuachu to West Ham or Palace but we can’t have both.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Who is Rudy, and why would he know? I see he has 9k followers if that means anything.
Anyone who starts their transfer gossip tweets with a siren emoji and two exclamation marks I'm struggling to take too seriously.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Before this thread gets too excited - this breathless report by the Daily Record has no new reporting.
Its just, unwisely i suspect given the Naylor No, cutting and pasting our message from Rudy, to you...
https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1418539941659824128
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...ws/transfer-news-live-rangers-celtic-24598943

Not diss that article - I like it:

‘ Across the city Celtic’s need for signings is a little more urgent but it’s speeding up with Carl Starfelt coming in to replace Kris Ajer who joined Brighton’

Also I think the daily record did a piece about him joining palace yesterday :facepalm:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I can't help but feel that Odsonne Édouard would only be an average Premier League striker, no better than Welbeck or Maupay.
But I guess if our budget is only about £25m we're not going to get a 20 goal striker.

Hopefully we can share the goals around a bit more and someone like Édouard can lift some of the pressure off others.
If we could sign him and he gets 13 or 14 goals I'm sure he will have met expectations.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
According to Dirty Barry we have made tentative enquiries to Celtic but are one of a number of EPL clubs to have done so, the price quoted whilst not ruling us out has been off putting and he is unlikely to be our number 1 choice currently.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I can't help but feel that Odsonne Édouard would only be an average Premier League striker, no better than Welbeck or Maupay.
But I guess if our budget is only about £25m we're not going to get a 20 goal striker.

Hopefully we can share the goals around a bit more and someone like Édouard can lift some of the pressure off others.
If we could sign him and he gets 13 or 14 goals I'm sure he will have met expectations.

In fairness only Kane and Salah got 20 or more Premier League goals last season (only seven players got 15 or more). Four players got 20 or more Premier League goals in 19/20 (12 got 15 or more). And four got 20 or more in 18/19 (eight got 15 or more). So 13 or 14 goals from Édouard, or any other striker we sign, would be very good.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Last season there were two 20 goal strikers and you'd need 100-160 million to get either of them.

13 or 14 would probably put him in the top 10.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

This comes up all the time.
If he scored 20+ goals he would be an absolute elite PL striker. Kane and Salah levels - who were the only strikers to do so last season.
If he scored 13/14 then he's way more than average. Only 8 strikers scored 14 goals or more last season.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

If we got him and he scored "13 or 14 goals" as you suggest, everybody would be delighted with that..........but, I'm with you in general assessment, I do believe he will be just an average PL striker, no better than Maupay and its another expensive/hopeful punt.

Whatever he has done at Celtic, the defenders and quality in this league are at a whole different level, the championship is better qualiy than the SPL imho, so whilst we may all live in hope he can up his game significantly more and get anywhere near 10 goals, its by no means certain and he very well could end up in the Ali J/Locadia category. Flattered to deceive in a garbage league which attracted Blooms millions, but couldnt cut the mustard in the big boys league??

Its the pools we're fishing in unfortunately.......if it comes off, will really keep everything crossed that he hits the ground running and get behind the lad.

Another repeat of same articles in circulation https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-receive-huge-bid-for-odsonne-edouard-according-to-report/

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Leicester now showing 'renewed' interest apparently even after they signed Daka.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if this stuff everywhere is just another tried and tested Darwin Nunez or Nicolas Gonzalez type agent play........... Tell Brighton The player is really interested to sign and get them to bid, use bid to flush out other bidders and get them to bid, drop Brighton interest and sign with other club.... The End

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
https://tuttocalciomercato24.com/ce...odsonne-edouard/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Odsonne Edouard will leave Celtic in this transfer market session. West Ham was strong on the player, but in the last few hours Brighton have put the arrow offering the Scots 25 million euros. Barring sensational twists and turns within a few days, the transfer should be closed with the center forward ready to join the Premier League.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here