Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obsessive DiSoRdErS!!!!!!!

brightonbc

Sep 2, 2006
portslade
Listen, OCD and having silly thoughts or routines are different.
I have suffered from ocd for over 7 years now, i know shit loads about it. Beleive me when you have it takes over your life, when it has been at its worse to be honest i didnt care if i went to sleep and never woke up, whatever i was doing playing football, watching tv, or even shagging it was driving me mad. I now take medication, i have come off it more than once and have come back down again. i will be on it for the rest of my life, but i have a lovely wife and two beatiful kids and i just want to enjoy being with them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think I'm pretty clear.

I've worked with someone who I had trouble even communicating with because their routine drove me mad.

It must be terrible suffering from the real condition.

I've definately noticed more people with quite obsessive habits. I was only talking about it the other day.

I'm completely the opposite.

I find it very strange that people would want to line glasses up of the same type and size in the cupboard for instance.

I'm just painted the living room and won't feel comfortable until its filled with clutter again.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Brighton till i die said:
oh yeah.....AND..whenever i change the tv or radio volume it HAS to be on an even number! :blush:

How did you go with the wallet?

???

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I have to check the alarm clock 3 or 4 times before I go to sleep. Thats only because ive forgotten to set it about 6 times so now I make sure.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I switch the lights on and off 4 times before I can go to bed.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I also check the back door is locked 8 time before I go to work.

clapham_gull said:
I think I'm pretty clear.

I've worked with someone who I had trouble even communicating with because their routine drove me mad.

It must be terrible suffering from the real condition.

I've definately noticed more people with quite obsessive habits. I was only talking about it the other day.

I'm completely the opposite.

I find it very strange that people would want to line glasses up of the same type and size in the cupboard for instance.

I'm just painted the living room and won't feel comfortable until its filled with clutter again.

I'm intrigued. Answer honestly - would you say that you are still a clean person, or that your enviroment is sanitory? Totally, mostly, soso, not particularly, not at all?
Do you lose things, can't find where you left the keys/remote/wallet/phone?
Would you call yourself mentally organised?
Are you successful in business, particularly, okay, not particularly, not at all?
Do you have stress, are you organised about your social time off?
Do you eat healthily, take care with caloric intake?
Are you physically fit, do you exercise?

It would be interesting to find out if exactitudes in personal environment relate to other phychological order,

Would any of you compulsive people address the above questions? The same theory of association applies there. Are you also meticulous in other areas of your life/lifestyle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here