Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obsessive DiSoRdErS!!!!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If I bang my elbow on anything, I have to bang the other one as well.

If my sandwiches have been cut unevenly, I ALWAYS eat the smaller one first.

If anyone says "thank you" to me, I have to suppress the urge to say "no, thank you" straight back to them, sometimes failing.

I'm a bit weird, but then you knew that already.

Last edited:

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Now this is weird - I make every object i see into a clock and run this numbers 1- 12 around it.

My girlfriend always has to have the volume on the radio at an uneven nunmber.

My dad (and i find this impressive) has to count the numbe of letters in any word he sees written down. He's been doing it so many years that you can put any number of words in front of him and he can tell you straight away how many letter are in each one.

:p :p :p

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Weezle said:
My dad (and i find this impressive) has to count the numbe of letters in any word he sees written down. He's been doing it so many years that you can put any number of words in front of him and he can tell you straight away how many letter are in each one.

That is impressive! OCD is a genetic thing, so there's a possibilty that you might have a mild form, but then it's so common that it's not really anything to worry about.

Whereabouts in Battersea are you btw?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Easy 10 said:
If anyone says "thank you" to me, I have to suppress the urge to say "no, thank you" straight back to them, sometimes failing.

I do something similar when someone says excuse me. The urge to reply "you're excused" is sometimes too much to take!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lammy said:
I do something similar when someone says excuse me. The urge to reply "you're excused" is sometimes too much to take!
Easy: "Excuse me"
Lammy: "You're excused. Thank you."
Easy: "No, thank you."

We could have our own show.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Easy 10 said:

:)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I always check Ive got water at the bedside, my phones on charge, keys are on the side table etc before I go to bed . . . .just to get a good nights sleep and make sure theres no panicked rushing about in the morning

I leave things right behind the back door too so I dont forget them !

I too always eat the small half, or the bottom side of the loaf first when I cut a sandwich . . .save the best till last !

Old Goat

Jun 8, 2004
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
What if you met someone with the same urge to say "No, thank you " ? It could go on forever

I once worked with two people who apologised all the time for anything - they bumped into each other coming through a door and got stuck in a "sorry" "no I'm sorry"... loop until I went up and slapped them

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
In a tripple pack of sandwiches I always go left, right then middle.

In a multiple choice exam, if I don't know the answer I will always guess C.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Weezle said:
Now this is weird - I make every object i see into a clock and run this numbers 1- 12 around it.
My girlfriend always has to have the volume on the radio at an uneven nunmber.
FREAK

Easy 10 said:
If I bang my elbow on anything, I have to bang the other one as well.
If my sandwiches have been cut unevenly, I ALWAYS eat the smaller one first.
MENTAL

berkshire seagull said:
Just the one!
I can only sleep one way and thats facing the right mmmm???
MAD

Brighton till i die said:

* Remotes have to be in right place on table b4 i go to bed
* Toliet roll has to underhang
* toliet roll has to be left torn along the perferated(sp?) edge!
* Keys have to properly laid behind the sandwich toaster!
* Have to have my mobile/keys/watch/drink and remote all in line next to my bed
IN TROUBLE

ALL NUT CASES:nono:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Easy 10 said:

Superb :clap2:

I always eat the bottom half of the sandwich first and I also have to have the car radio volume on an even number and definately not 13.
And brighton boy you've got them you've just never noticed. Ask your partner or a family member and they'll tell you.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have rather too many to list here.
One of the main ones is that 2 heartbeats equals one inhalation or exhalation. Then, whatever song is playing in my head at any time is played out at the pace of my heart. The best songs have lines with even numbers of syllables. 10 syllables is the best. 12 not so good, but still alright.

We all make rules to organise ourselves. Some of us make them to organise our minds too.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
when my parents are i away i have an obsession with checking the gas hob making sure they are all switched off sometimes i will stand there for ages.

i will also get into bed then panic that nothing has been locked properly, back door etc so i will go back down at least twice before settling to sleep.

however my folks are in i never bother doing any of that

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
caz99 said:
when my parents are i away i have an obsession with checking the gas hob making sure they are all switched off sometimes i will stand there for ages.

i will also get into bed then panic that nothing has been locked properly, back door etc so i will go back down at least twice before settling to sleep.

however my folks are in i never bother doing any of that

Now thats proper disorder :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here