Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obsessive DiSoRdErS!!!!!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I find it impossible to go up or down stairs without counting them. Even if I know how many there are (ie 15 to go upstairs in my house). It gets worse. When I do know the number of stairs I have to start with whichever foot will get me to the top/bottom with my left foot.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
This feels like its turned into some kind of self-help group.
(stands up) "Hello. My name is Rangdo and I have to eat the bottom half of my sandwich before the top half" :cry:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
pasty said:
I find it impossible to go up or down stairs without counting them. Even if I know how many there are (ie 15 to go upstairs in my house). It gets worse. When I do know the number of stairs I have to start with whichever foot will get me to the top/bottom with my left foot.

I do that. But the good foot for me is the right. Things should always finish on the right in a perfect world.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Rangdo said:
This feels like its turned into some kind of self-help group.
(stands up) "Hello. My name is Rangdo and I have to eat the bottom half of my sandwich before the top half" :cry:

I don't understand how you can eat the bottom of a sandwich?!?!?

Do you separate it and eat the bottom slice of bread or something? Moist normal people eat a sandwich from the side.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I count stairs . . . . like pasty, being highly intelligent ( :lolol: ) I also lead with the left

the top and bottom of a sandwich is defined by the orientation of the loaf as its baked. . . .. klutz ! :lolol:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
f*** me i thought i was getting bad but reading this i realise there's NOTHING wrong with me

i can be a bit funny about locking the front door. hardly unusual i know but the one time i thought f*** it cos i was pissed....we got burgled!:lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
alan partridge said:
f*** me i thought i was getting bad but reading this i realise there's NOTHING wrong with me

i can be a bit funny about locking the front door. hardly unusual i know but the one time i thought f*** it cos i was pissed....we got burgled!:lolol:

you get pissed . . . .wierd :rolleyes:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
pasty said:

Thank god, I thought I was the only nutter who couldn't stop counting stairs when I go down them (going down from work it's 5, landing, 7, landing, 12.) I always have a guess and sometimes if I'm wrong I'll miss a step to make it right. The starting / finishing on one foot is clearly for lunatics though.

And for fear of making myself sound like even more of a nutter does anyone else click different parts of their teeth together/breathing in differently when they pass different things whilst driving? e.g. if there is a curb it's one bit of the mouth, a laybe another, and a junction another; or watching the windscreen wipers to see if if they were really long they would hit another car going in the opposite direction?...........cos I don't. :blush:

Ted

May 26, 2004
Craggy Island
Brighton Till I Die has made me feel slightly better, but am absolutely obsessed with this sort of shit, it drives me crazy. Some of mine include :
Run finger under every tap in the house 4 times before going to bed or going out.
Check alarm light on car flashes four times when locking it.
Make sure keys are laid in the same position every time, with Albion keyring facing face up and at a certain angle.
Touch my wallet (carried in back pocket) every time Albions' opposition get a free kick/throw in in our half or a corner.
Light a fag when the added time board goes up.
Never step on cracks in pavement or manhole covers.
Turn bedroom light on and off four times prior to finally retiring.
Jump over penultimate step when going upstairs, miss out bottom one in opposite direction.
Push front door twice to make sure its' shot.
Sat in wrong seat for Mansfield 6-0 game at Withdean. Despite having a season ticket all this time, have NEVER sat in my allocated seat. My mate sits in it and I sit in his.

The list goes on, I think I need help.

Up The Albion

:shootself

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
The numbers in Number plates, I always rearrange the numbers around to see if they can make a model of Boeing passenger aircraft.

For example the reg Y385 XXX, I can take 4 off of the 8 to make it 4 and add it to the 3 to make it 7, then take another 2 off the 4 to make it 2, and add the 2 to the 5 to make it 7.

Then you are left with Y727 XXX, and of course 727 is a Boeing aircraft. So that car is a good car. If it did not work then it is a BAD CAR.

I just cannot stop myself doing it, and of there are too many cars around I get annoyed because I can't keep up.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There's a lot of people with varying degrees of Aspergers Syndrome around here isn't there! Is it something in the water ??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Little Piggy said:
The numbers in Number plates, I always rearrange the numbers around to see if they can make a model of Boeing passenger aircraft.

For example the reg Y385 XXX, I can take 4 off of the 8 to make it 4 and add it to the 3 to make it 7, then take another 2 off the 4 to make it 2, and add the 2 to the 5 to make it 7.

Then you are left with Y727 XXX, and of course 727 is a Boeing aircraft. So that car is a good car. If it did not work then it is a BAD CAR.

I just cannot stop myself doing it, and of there are too many cars around I get annoyed because I can't keep up.
End of thread.
That is the WEIRDEST thing I have heard of. I can't see anyone topping that one.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lammy said:
I don't understand how you can eat the bottom of a sandwich?!?!?

Do you separate it and eat the bottom slice of bread or something? Moist normal people eat a sandwich from the side.

If you make a sandwich and cut it in half then the half that would be the bottom of the loaf if it were standing up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here