Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obsessive DiSoRdErS!!!!!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If you haven't read it already, I suggest you lot read Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time !!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
zefarelly said:

the top and bottom of a sandwich is defined by the orientation of the loaf as its baked. . . .. klutz !

Correct :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Little Piggy said:
The numbers in Number plates, I always rearrange the numbers around to see if they can make a model of Boeing passenger aircraft.

For example the reg Y385 XXX, I can take 4 off of the 8 to make it 4 and add it to the 3 to make it 7, then take another 2 off the 4 to make it 2, and add the 2 to the 5 to make it 7.

Then you are left with Y727 XXX, and of course 727 is a Boeing aircraft. So that car is a good car. If it did not work then it is a BAD CAR.

I just cannot stop myself doing it, and of there are too many cars around I get annoyed because I can't keep up.

Ah, forgot to mention my number plate one. I take the three letters of a number plate and transpose them to the initial letters of Brighton & Hove Albion

ie Number plate DGE 123 X would make Drighton and Gove Elbion

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Repugnant Toad said:
'Tis very good, but it's not about OCD

No but the boy does have some compulsive disorders. Only being able to eat foods of a certain colour, if he sees too many red cars in a row its a bad day so he doesn't talk to anyone etc.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Repugnant Toad said:
'Tis very good, but it's not about OCD

No... it's about Aspergers Syndrome, of which one of the characteristics is restricted and repetitive patterns of behaviour - very similar to some of the traits people have confessed to here!!

Last edited:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
:lolol: :lolol:

cheers guys, although i still feel like a freak, i can rest assure that when im standing on the terraces this season, there are quite a few more of "us wierdo's" lurking around!!!

.....oh yeah....

always have to have a pint of orange squash b4 i go to bed.
always walk over 2 drainholes, NEVER over 3!
Check the front door is locked twice!

f*** me this is not good!!

f***ing funny though!:drink: :drink:

faraway

Aug 6, 2004
australia
ok my first post, what a great way to start but this thread has just forced me to register...

- if walking down stairs i always tap my left hand against the roof
- switch lights on and off compusively
- everything in my room has to be in place perfectly
- if putting something down i have to touch it a few times before walking away
- can never litter
- sometimes have to delete a whole world if i think there is a space in between the letters(which there never is)
- when leaving doors open they have to be at a certain angle
- cursor has to be left at certain positions on the screen
- pens/pencils have to be pointing in certain direction when in pencil case or on desk
- when playing cds i have to look at the time elapsed when it gets to 00:08 or 00:12 and not look away until it gets to 00:14 but if i look past 00:14 i have to skip back
- have to make sure the front gate is shut properly by shaking it even though it is quite visible that it is shut
-there's a few more such as little things i do when the swannies or seagulls are playing

ahh i knows there's more but it's great to get these off my chest...

and why do i do this... fear of something bad happening i guess, it's such a hard habit to break but now that i look at them i hardly think doing certain things like that are really going to affect the way my life goes, yeah i think i'm over it now..!! CURED :)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Brighton till i die said:

always walk over 2 drainholes, NEVER over 3!

I do this too. I think its something picked up from school thats just stuck.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
f***ing hell man its getting worse...i must have included at least 10 more of these freakish habbits into my already hectic life........:

*Have to lay my keys out on the table in a certain order.....car key on top, then house key, then immob fob and then keyring!

*Whenever i lay coins out on a table all of them HAVE to be heads up!

*I call everyone DUDE!:ohmy:

*My name badge/swipe card thing for the office has to be laid out on my desk with the neck ribbon folded over and tilted to the RIGHT.

*All the pictures and stationary on my desk HAS to be laid out in the same way before i leave the office.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK!

:)

D

Deleted member 2719

You have got to break the habbit now or by the time you are in your forties you will be living on your own and not ever wanting to live with someone incase they upset your routines.

Your task today is just to break one of these routines and see how you handle it.

Do it now.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
faraway said:

- when playing cds i have to look at the time elapsed when it gets to 00:08 or 00:12 and not look away until it gets to 00:14 but if i look past 00:14 i have to skip back

I don't understand this one, can you explain it a bit more?

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Good luck with tonight's task though I was going to suggest you break the toilet roll habit first as everyone knows you can only have your toilet roll with an outer hang rather than an under hang

D

Deleted member 2719

Brighton till i die said:
****deep breathing****

right....ok......i'm gonna try and put my wallet on the LEFT of my phone tonight on my bedside table!!:ohmy:

sweating already

Do it.

Do it.

NSC will back you all the way.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

faraway said:
ok my first post, what a great way to start but this thread has just forced me to register...

- if walking down stairs i always tap my left hand against the roof
- switch lights on and off compusively
- everything in my room has to be in place perfectly
- if putting something down i have to touch it a few times before walking away
- can never litter
- sometimes have to delete a whole world if i think there is a space in between the letters(which there never is)
- when leaving doors open they have to be at a certain angle
- cursor has to be left at certain positions on the screen
- pens/pencils have to be pointing in certain direction when in pencil case or on desk
- have to make sure the front gate is shut properly by shaking it even though it is quite visible that it is shut
-there's a few more such as little things i do when the swannies or seagulls are playing

ahh i knows there's more but it's great to get these off my chest...

and why do i do this... fear of something bad happening i guess, it's such a hard habit to break but now that i look at them i hardly think doing certain things like that are really going to affect the way my life goes, yeah i think i'm over it now..!! CURED :)

Almost all of those really make sense, albeit in a rather super-careful way.
I thought we were going to be BEST MATES until you got to the bit about the cds.
Now, I no longer feel I can trust you. Sorry, but I'm afraid we cannot see each other any more. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here