Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatway retires

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thanks for the memorys Charlie and all the best! Met him out on the piss while he was injured last year in Worthing and he had time for me for bit of a chat despite being with friends!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Why? Its your choice on how you feel about as its mine how i feel about i.

Ok, its my choice to think your a pratt. Maybe when you suffer some kind of arthritis in your fingers which prevents you typing anal messages on message boards, you might appreciate what its like to have something taken way from you........cos looking at the number of posts you certainly dont have much else going for you in life other than typing crap.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Oh and Charlie, thanks for being an integral part of some of the best times I have had in supoorting the Albion.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ok, its my choice to think your a pratt. Maybe when you suffer some kind of arthritis in your fingers which prevents you typing anal messages on message boards, you might appreciate what its like to have something taken way from you........cos looking at the number of posts you certainly dont have much else going for you in life other than typing crap.

ooooooooooooooo biting.

Well thats quite amazing you can tell that about someone by a post count.....

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
He is going to work in the Football in the Community scheme.

I am sad it has come to this but agree with other comments that we have had some great moments with Chas over the years. His dvd Charlie's diary of the playoffs was hilarious.
It is good that he has a job with the club and I know he will be a great success with it because he is a people person.

Yes indeed, a great shame for Charlie, who has been a superb servant of the club and made up for lack of skill (though in my view he's got a far better footballing brain than many give him credit for) with sheer effort. Many players have also said how important a figure he was round the dressing room. During the championship winning period he was part of a "Withdean bootroom" that included the likes of Paul Watson, Danny Cullip, Nathan Jones and Richard Carpenter, who formed the backbone of the team, which with him gone is now only a memory and doesn't it show on the field? I agree with Yorkie, he should do very well in his new role, as a role model to those who attend the Albion's schemes, including those at the Albion's Study Skills Centre. I am glad the club is able to reward his loyalty.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Charlie why did you never wear the t-shirt we gave you on the pitch at gay meadow, it was your colour love.

Good luckin the new job

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Charlie Oatway as well as being a good player for the club is also a great bloke who has time for everybody.

I sincerely wish him well whatever he does, he has been a teriffic servant to Brighton and hope he maintains his connections with the club. :albion2::thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Yes indeed, a great shame for Charlie, who has been a superb servant of the club and made up for lack of skill (though in my view he's got a far better footballing brain than many give him credit for) with sheer effort. Many players have also said how important a figure he was round the dressing room. During the championship winning period he was part of a "Withdean bootroom" that included the likes of Paul Watson, Danny Cullip, Nathan Jones and Richard Carpenter, who formed the backbone of the team, which with him gone is now only a memory and doesn't it show on the field? I agree with Yorkie, he should do very well in his new role, as a role model to those who attend the Albion's schemes, including those at the Albion's Study Skills Centre. I am glad the club is able to reward his loyalty.

Jonah formed the 'backbone' of the team? Out at left-back or on the bench? ;)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
one little brain cell........

I'm not so sure. while I don't necessarily approve of the methods I think it clearly highlights the disproportionate level of affection shown to certain players over others and the way in which this is transfered to making emotional rather than intellectual decisions with regard to the running of the club and supporters attitudes.

I'm not so sure. while I don't necessarily approve of the methods I think it clearly highlights the disproportionate level of affection shown to certain players over others and the way in which this is transfered to making emotional rather than intellectual decisions with regard to the running of the club and supporters attitudes.

You don't half talk some crap.

Charlie must be really hurting at the moment. Terrible blow for him after all the work he has put in to get back.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
You don't half talk some crap.

Charlie must be really hurting at the moment. Terrible blow for him after all the work he has put in to get back.

You do realise having an opinion on the running of the club and supporters attitude can be entirely seperate from feeling sorry for someone and appreciating what they did as a player don't you?

You do realise having an opinion on the running of the club and supporters attitude can be mutually exclusive from feeling sorry for someone and appreciating what they did as a player don't you?

Yes, yes I do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here