Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatway retires

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sad...hope he's out on the razzle to celebrate though tonight, he deserves it!!...Celebrate a great career and a great future in a different role...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Good luck Charlie. Brighton fans always love a player who gives 100% & you never gave anything less.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Good luck Charlie..another one bites the dust...midfield gets more inexperienced all the time..def need to get some-one now

Thanks to Charlie for his complete commitment to the club. None of us could have asked for more from any player.

That is exactly right-he deserves our thanks, not dickhead comments.

Thanks Charlie-now, get into that coaching role ASAP.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Good luck Charlie. Brighton fans always love a player who gives 100% & you never gave anything less.

I would agree with that. All the best Charlie and thanks for everything.:thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Very sad news, he'll be missed.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I had an feeling, it would of happened sooner rather than later. Thank you for the memories Charlie, hopefully he will be given some sort of coaching contract. So he is there to help Wilkins and co out.

He is going to work in the Football in the Community scheme.

I am sad it has come to this but agree with other comments that we have had some great moments with Chas over the years. His dvd Charlie's diary of the playoffs was hilarious.
It is good that he has a job with the club and I know he will be a great success with it because he is a people person.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sad news for Charlie but the right one. The immature comments posted on here by "fans" that should know better should be ignored.

Thanks Charlie for your leadership, effort and commitment to the Albion. Has Alan Pook been on the phone yet?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Thanks for being a great servant to the team Charlie. All the best in your new role.

Ignore Kinks and Del Boy. One's a Spurs fan (what's he know about football) and the other is attention seeking.

DITTO THE ABOVE,HAVE NO IDEA

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Charlie is probably one of our most underrated players of recent years, and it became obvious how important he was to the side when he got injured. Thanks for everything Charlie, but I'm glad you're staying. Good luck!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Cor dear we are all getting our knickers in a twist.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Great servant to the club. Probably done more to harness the team spirit within the sqauad than any other player during our promotion seasons. A great shame but we've done the right thing keeping him within the club. I for one am glad we look after players even after they retire.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Not unexpected but I hope the club have the decency to grant him a testemonial match.

Wasn't that interested in Mayo's, but I'd definately go to Charlies. I'm so sad to hear this news. A terrific guy, provided some wonderful memories. Thanks Charlie, hope you're around the Albion for many years to come. You're one of us now, even if you bleed QPR blue..... :thumbsup::thumbsup::ascarf:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Charlie was our 'Dennis Wise' - an inspirational talisman, start the proverbial fight in an empty room, and a better player than he was given credit for.

Despite some great promotion celebrations, I still think my abiding memory of him will be his part in the merry hell that broke out in Longford. Everyone on the pitch wanted a scrap that day, and he was happy to lead...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Charlie was our 'Dennis Wise' - an inspirational talisman, start the proverbial fight in an empty room, and a better player than he was given credit for.

Despite some great promotion celebrations, I still think my abiding memory of him will be his part in the merry hell that broke out in Longford. Everyone on the pitch wanted a scrap that day, and he was happy to lead...

What a pity this is your most memorable charlie moment. As if anyone's perfect and in a footballing world, is quite forgivable. Shame this thread has so many petty or silly comments like yours.
:tosser:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I've never been a big Oatway fan but I am truly sorry that he has had to give up the game. All the best Charlie.

:clap:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here