Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatway retires

Then your comment was a bit stupid wasn't it?

This will be my last comment on the matter as I don't want to hijack the thread responding to your drivel. But my opinion is that Charlie is important to the club, has given us a hell of a lot and still has a hell of a lot to offer in other roles. The club have made an excellent decision. It is also a very sad day for him personally. The only stupidity seems to be emanating from your keyboard.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
This will be my last comment on the matter as I don't want to hijack the thread responding to your drivel. But my opinion is that Charlie is important to the club, has given us a hell of a lot and still has a hell of a lot to offer in other roles. The club have made an excellent decision. It is also a very sad day for him personally. The only stupidity seems to be emanating from your keyboard.

This will also be my last comment on the matter. Why don't you focus on saying why you disagree with me without the personal attacks that weaken you argument because you clearly need them to fall back on. Then we could have a discussion on the matter rather than an argument instigated by your 'name calling'.

I have aready said that I find it sad when any player has to retire through injury and liked the way Charlie had adapted his game. Just because I feel fans affection doesn't necessarily merit being given a job for life does not make what I say drivel.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
This will also be my last comment on the matter. Why don't you focus on saying why you disagree with me without the personal attacks that weaken you argument because you clearly need them to fall back on. Then we could have a discussion on the matter rather than an argument instigated by your 'name calling'.

I have aready said that I find it sad when any player has to retire through injury and liked the way Charlie had adapted his game. Just because I feel fans affection doesn't necessarily merit being given a job for life does not make what I say drivel.

On what do you base your 'job for life' because of fans affection comment? I can really see it now.....Dick and DW sitting down - DW "where do you think we should spend our limited budget?"

Dick "lets give Charlie a job for life, he has nothing to offer the club, but we will pay him anyway because some fans on NSC love him"

You just talk nonsense

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Charlie is a legend at the club, and whilst no George Best, he was an important part of the team that I love through one of it's most exciting eras.

People are allowed to have an opinion, but for fucks sake, the guy has just been forced to retire because of an injury sustained whilst playing for the Albion.

Good luck Charlie.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Oi, Les.

Stop spouting bollox. Just spend a moment thinking about how you'd feel if your career was taken away from you in a matter of seconds. Stop your inane fighting with Lokki for once. Or at least do it on a different thread?

We generally get on, but your being a bit of a prick on this thread.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My internet has been down so have only just got back on line buit I believe that Kinky Gerbils comment was badly worded and not taken as intended. I think that he inteneded to say 'thank f***' that he will not be in the first team , being a view on his ability, rather than that he has actually had to retire because of injury.

I think that his obvious lack of chance of being in the first team infuenced him in his decison and I wonder when we may hear much the same from Adam Hinshlewood, or is his latest injury not so serious.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My internet has been down so have only just got back on line buit I believe that Kinky Gerbils comment was badly worded and not taken as intended. I think that he inteneded to say 'thank f***' that he will not be in the first team , being a view on his ability, rather than that he has actually had to retire because of injury.

I think that his obvious lack of chance of being in the first team infuenced him in his decison and I wonder when we may hear much the same from Adam Hinshlewood, or is his latest injury not so serious.

As soon as he says that we can all move on.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It was so obviously he meant with regard to ability than injury. It was also clearly a wind up.

I love people like Woodchip calling me a prick, he clearly hasn't read all I have said and just focused on the unpopular parts of what I said, unpopular yes but reasonable. If you have a look Lokki started giving me shit.

Rusthill, my point is (and I've already made it) is that the affection of fans and staff does not mean we should hand someone a 'job for life' as Dick said. It's not even the offer of the job that bothers me (I will reserve judgment on that) it is all the mindless approval with which it is greeted by many fans because 'Chas' is a favourite.

Nothing beats a good witch hunt though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good luck in your new job, Charlie.

As someone who has benefitted personally from the Community Programme, plus his natural enthusiasm to be a Brighton 'cheerleader' at any given occasion, this job is going to be just perfect for him. A sound choice.

:clap:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
It was so obviously he meant with regard to ability than injury. It was also clearly a wind up.

I love people like Woodchip calling me a prick, he clearly hasn't read all I have said and just focused on the unpopular parts of what I said, unpopular yes but reasonable. If you have a look Lokki started giving me shit.

Rusthill, my point is (and I've already made it) is that the affection of fans and staff does not mean we should hand someone a 'job for life' as Dick said. It's not even the offer of the job that bothers me (I will reserve judgment on that) it is all the mindless approval with which it is greeted by many fans because 'Chas' is a favourite.

Nothing beats a good witch hunt though.

Tell me, why is it 'mindless approval' ? Maybe some fans believe that CO has a role to play in pushing our club forward? You don't (fair enough), but nobody has personally attacked you and said your view is 'mindless drivel'.

As I pointed out, I do not think that the people who run this club would give somebody a job on the basis of fans affection!? These people work with Oatway every day and obviously think he has something to offer.

I assume they are much better informed as to Charlies strengths than you?

btw, if KG idea of a 'good wind up' is saying 'thank f***' somebody's career is over, it says everything you need to know about him.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Tell me, why is it 'mindless approval' ? Maybe some fans believe that CO has a role to play in pushing our club forward? You don't (fair enough), but nobody has personally attacked you and said your view is 'mindless drivel'.

As I pointed out, I do not think that the people who run this club would give somebody a job on the basis of fans affection!? These people work with Oatway every day and obviously think he has something to offer.

I assume they are much better informed as to Charlies strengths than you?

btw, if KG idea of a 'good wind up' is saying 'thank f***' somebody's career is over, it says everything you need to know about him.

You're clearly not reading the thread.

Lokki did say my post was drivel.

I said I did not have a problem with him being offered a job by the club. It is the fans who sit there going 'He's great in the dressing room so it's fantastic he now has a job for life with the club!' that I think need to sit back and say fair enough, lets see how this pans out.

I have said I didn't necessarily agree with Kinky's methods.

So ridiculous that if you go against poular opinion on here in a reasonable way people either just attack you or don't read what you say.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I dont believe I said that, I said Thank f*** which could mean a whole range of things.

But hay if that says a lot about me what does it say about the people that bite?:thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I dont believe I said that, I said Thank f*** which could mean a whole range of things.

But hay if that says a lot about me what does it say about the people that bite?:thumbsup:

I dont think you're going to talk your way out of that comment very easily.

When in a hole, stop digging and just apologise:thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So ridiculous that if you go against poular opinion on here in a reasonable way people either just attack you or don't read what you say.

In fairness Les you had 2 attempts at provoking a reaction on this thread before you got one so it's a bit pointless trying to play the innocent victim now you've succeeded in your mission.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here