Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t for anyone flying today, terrorist alert

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I'm flying on holiday next weekend, so I hope all the disruption and has died down and the rules on hand luggage relaxed. They are saying you can't take anything like books or newspapers or mp3 players in hand luggage, how boring will that be!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
From the BBC site

<<Courteney Dane, who travelling back to Australia, said: "I'm worried about the cost and the fact I've got a 24 hour flight with nothing to read. I'm not really worried about the security, it's just a nuisance." >>

Some people shouldnt be allowed to travel as they are toooooo f***ing stupid!

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
chez said:
:nono: I'm off to Prague in 20 minutes on a stag do flying from Gatwick. I imagine we'll be held up for quite some time.

Flying back to UK from Brno in Czech later today i hope , been told i canot carry any electronic hand luggage ,no lap top no Mp3 not even a glasses case so every thing will have to go in the suitcase it will be interesting to see if the mobile phone is still there when i get home

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
gts big bruv said:
Flying back to UK from Brno in Czech later today i hope , been told i canot carry any electronic hand luggage ,no lap top no Mp3 not even a glasses case so every thing will have to go in the suitcase it will be interesting to see if the mobile phone is still there when i get home

be surprised if your flight takes place...all incoming planes not already in the air are banned from uk airspace apparently...:nono:

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
afters said:
be surprised if your flight takes place...all incoming planes not already in the air are banned from uk airspace apparently...:nono:
Looks like a weekend in Brno , missed tuesdays game will poss miss saturdays ! might be a spare ticket for sale

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Dies Irae said:
fotunately as it now seems, we got back yesterday.

However the passport saga gets interesting as a lady in the British high comission in Austria said I would have to get to Vienna to pick up a temporary passport to be let back into the country ( i would have to fax them my birth certificate _ HOW????) If this had been 1 day earlier and some kind soul had not handed my passport in, I have no idea how I would have got back into the country

Strangely, I left Canada a few weeks back and obvioulsy I had to show my passport as I left the country. Although I landed in Heathrow, I had a final destination of Manchester.

Now, I didn't have to show my passport at Heathrow, as I hadn't left airside and because I had an internal flight to Manchester when I arrived there I didn't need to show it there either. Presumably the authorities assumed that I was just travelling internally.

But really, this seems to be a bit of a loophole or at least lax. I could have been anybody and presumably could have done it from any country.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not sure why books are not aloud on?

Fire, maybe?

Only essentials allowed, passport, flight tickets and medication only.

I am waiting for the PC brigade to complain of the harassment of the Muslim community again, they need to weed out these fundamentalist. If life in the UK is so bad and they feel so discriminated against go elsewhere and leave us all alone including the peaceful majority of Muslim people who live in harmony in most UK cities. All this will do is stir up more anti Muslim feeling, not sure what it achieves really.

I am against what Israel is doing, but wouldn't kill innocent people to try and prove some sick point.

I do disspare at times.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Not sure how believable this is, but I have just been out on the ramp at Gatwick working on an aircraft and was told by a collegue that the suspects planned to take some sort of Nitro Glicerence substance in Diet Coke bottles.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Brighton till i die said:
i must say that i belive we MUST bring back capital punishment for c*nts like this - how can sending them to jail do a fucing thing.

f***ing shoot the c*nts starting from their knees working up around the private area, gradually blowing their fingers off, followed by their arms, then cut their ears off and feed it to them.....................then finish 'em off.

Better hope they picked up the right people then.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well presumably WHsmiths will be open so after youve checked your baggage in and had your security checks you can get your mags/papers there!?!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rougvie said:
Not sure how believable this is, but I have just been out on the ramp at Gatwick working on an aircraft and was told by a collegue that they planned to take some sort of Nitro Glicerence substance in Diet Coke bottles.

Blimey, makes you think - how many people take on drinks?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Seriously, why is it always planes? Why not, say, the channel tunnel? I guess the point of terrorism is that it's irrational and thereby terrorises people but to pick a means which already has fairly tight security seems odd. Then again, blowing up innocent people lacks a certain rationale too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here