Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
easy jet,,cancels all flights from gatwick,luton and stanstead

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Vlad the Impala said:
They win whether the plot is successful or not. The commercial impact of the threat alone may well cause some airlines to fold.

Not likely, most airlines (certainly the ones I work with) have insurance against this sort of event, ok it wont pay out fully on what the losses would be for today, but many costs involved in Aviation are exagerated anyway.

Dont be fooled by cancellations either, it is much cheaper to cancel a flight than run your schedules so late that your crews are out of hours to fly and your aircraft is stranded in Europe.

The low cost carriers have your money sometimes months in advance so they are always earning interest in advance of the flight going, they simply offset that to the amount of refunds they have to give (normally less than 40%) or how many tickets they have to re-arange which costs them nowt.

I'm sure Ryanair and Easy will try a sob story, but they are not loosing the amount of money on today as they would have you believe.

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Rougvie said:
Not likely, most airlines (certainly the ones I work with) have insurance against this sort of event, ok it wont pay out fully on what the losses would be for today, but many costs involved in Aviation are exagerated anyway.

Dont be fooled by cancellations either, it is much cheaper to cancel a flight than run your schedules so late that your crews are out of hours to fly and your aircraft is stranded in Europe.

The low cost carriers have your money sometimes months in advance so they are always earning interest in advance of the flight going, they simply offset that to the amount of refunds they have to give (normally less than 40%) or how many tickets they have to re-arange which costs them nowt.

I'm sure Ryanair and Easy will try a sob story, but they are not loosing the amount of money on today as they would have you believe.

So you don't see a major fall in traffic on flights by US airlines in the next few months? Given that several of the US airlines have been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy (and some a little beyond the edge) I would be surprised if this wasn't the last straw for at least one.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Vlad the Impala said:
So you don't see a major fall in traffic on flights by US airlines in the next few months? Given that several of the US airlines have been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy (and some a little beyond the edge) I would be surprised if this wasn't the last straw for at least one.

Possibly on the US carriers yes, Northwest are particularly vunerable at the moment, but as most of the main US players are either in Chapter 11 bankrupcy or havent posted any profits for years, anything could topple them over, but its more likely to be their own Unions rather than terrorists.

I was more referring to the UK loco's who love a sob story after a day of cancelling flights.

What Easyjet wont tell you is that over the past few months they have canceled ten times more flights than they have today because of a lack of crew and the ability to roster them properly.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just wish somebody would give an official definition of 'dont travel unless its absolutely necessary'. Cos every single businessmen in the world thinks his travel is absolutely necessary, ditto everybody going on their holidays. It's like when we get an inch of snow in South East England. Police advise nobody to travel unless it's absolutely necessary. Might deter one person in about a hundred thousand, but essentially It's a completely meaningless thing to say innit.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Round up all muslims and deport them.End of terror in this country.Easy as that

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
That's funny. Nice parody of how unbelievably moronic some people can be!

Funny thing is, if algie had been born a Muslim, I suspect he would have been easy to recruit into terrorism. Same moronic mindset.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Vlad the Impala said:
Funny thing is, if algie had been born a Muslim, I suspect he would have been easy to recruit into terrorism. Same moronic mindset.

The worrying thing is if the terrorist had succeded in causing massive death and destruction we could have had massive internal problems within the UK

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
From the BNP Web site

Once again, British people are being inconvenienced by the activities of home grown Muslim terrorists who, it appears, have conspired to plant bombs on passenger planes leaving the UK.

Mid way through Thursday morning Heathrow Airport remains closed to all incoming flights except those that are currently en route, thousands of passengers are stranded in airports around the UK and all the Department of Transport can do is add to the misery by seriously inconveniencing travellers with babies and young families, the infirm and elderly. New security measures have been put in place prohibiting any hand baggage except certain items which are permitted to be taken aboard in transparent bags.

The British National Party Executive's solution to this problem is to ban immediately, ALL MUSLIMS from flying out of (and in to) Britain until the security situation has been fully resolved.

During recent international football competitions, a similar ban on English football hooligans was carried out, when many football fans had their passports confiscated and travel restricted.

If white working class men can be treated in this fashion it must be possible to apply a similar ban to Muslims. We need firm Government action to resolve this crisis which will thus restore confidence in air travel and remove the serious inconvenience effecting air passengers at the height of the summer school holidays.

How do you spot a moslem terrorist :nono:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
coventrygull said:
The worrying thing is if the terrorist had succeded in causing massive death and destruction we could have had massive internal problems within the UK

;)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Lefties above:safeway2:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
algie said:
Lefties above:safeway2:

dicanio241-154.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports