Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t for anyone flying today, terrorist alert

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Curious Orange said:
That's what they want you to think. Don't be suprised if the Government start banging on about ID cards again.

This isn't like that fake Tanks and Troops At Heathrow alert last time which was intended to soften us up for the war on Iraq. This will whack the ecoomy in a massive way and very much doubt that a serving government would dare do that.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If they are found guilty, hang em, and hang em high.

It was on the 6pm news in Australia not 10 minutes ago.

Reported as 20 british born asians.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Curious Orange said:
That's what they want you to think. Don't be suprised if the Government start banging on about ID cards again.

These sort of comments really piss me off. Any chance to knock Blair or this Govt. Do you really think the Govt would basically shut airports down and the cost to the economy that would cause just to score a few political points on ID cards.

Unfortunately, the threat in this country from some very evil people is real.

Just thank the security services that they have managed to foil their plot and that the Govt acted on their advice.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Surely if these "liquids" are not being traced why are they banning hand luggage, what is to stop them being put into the hold?

How would these be detected

Last edited:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Tyrone Biggums said:
If they are found guilty, hang em, and hang em high.

It was on the 6pm news in Australia not 10 minutes ago.

Reported as 20 british born asians.

i must say that i belive we MUST bring back capital punishment for c*nts like this - how can sending them to jail do a fucing thing.

f***ing shoot the c*nts starting from their knees working up around the private area, gradually blowing their fingers off, followed by their arms, then cut their ears off and feed it to them.....................then finish 'em off.

f***ing low life SCUM:)

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
cardboard said:
Surely if these "liquids" are not being traced why are they banning hand luggage, what is to stop them being put into the hold?

How would these be detected

I believe that the idea is that singularly these liquids will not explode, so putting them in the hold is fairly ok. I think that the terrorists idea was to sit close together and then mix the liquids so that an explosion would occur.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
dwayne said:
any clues to how long the ban on hand luggage will last?

You have access to the same news sources as the rest of us.

It's likely to be a few days at the very least, I would have thought.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Woodchip said:
Heathrow now closed for all incoming flights, except those already in the air.

Looks like Dies Irae may be having an extended holiday (if he's flying)

fotunately as it now seems, we got back yesterday.

However the passport saga gets interesting as a lady in the British high comission in Austria said I would have to get to Vienna to pick up a temporary passport to be let back into the country ( i would have to fax them my birth certificate _ HOW????) If this had been 1 day earlier and some kind soul had not handed my passport in, I have no idea how I would have got back into the country

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DIFFBROOK said:
I believe that the idea is that singularly these liquids will not explode, so putting them in the hold is fairly ok. I think that the terrorists idea was to sit close together and then mix the liquids so that an explosion would occur.

a security expert also came up with this theory, however, he thought that that would not be feasable. He was suggesting a mobile phone as a device and the liquid as a conductor
??? ??? ???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Billy the Fish said:
But be wary of men with beards and rucksacks
Liberal Democrats?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Brighton till i die said:
i must say that i belive we MUST bring back capital punishment for c*nts like this - how can sending them to jail do a fucing thing.

f***ing shoot the c*nts starting from their knees working up around the private area, gradually blowing their fingers off, followed by their arms, then cut their ears off and feed it to them.....................then finish 'em off.

f***ing low life SCUM:)

Not sure that this would stop it. Afterall, they want to die with their plot. Capital punishment would see them as martrys.

Not sure what the answer is. The easy one is to withdraw from Iraq/Afghanistan, but would this really solve the problem?

Now I am not anti muslim for one moment, but there does seem to be an increasing level of extremism in the Islam world.

A lot of questions really do need to be answered as to why British people want to kill themselves and others.

The black community has to some real degree integrated into British life. Yes it took awhile and not without its early bigotry, but I think we have come along way. We certainly have not come along way with people from Asian backgrounds. They clearly to a larger degree are not integrating. With this they do not feel british. That is as much a fault with themselves as it is of the so called "white British" part of society.

I feel that this not being part of Britain really does lead to extremism being left to fester in our cities. The muslim community really does need to play its part in rooting this out and not imagining that its not happening and some kind of Govt plot to attack islam (which I have heard of quite alot in Leeds). And yes, the so called white Briton needs to assist in this integration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here