Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer 6-a-side tournament

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
AITC were a good side. We had a really good game with them that finished 1-0, though we had an equaliser dissallowed which would have seen us top the group on GD, and thus avoid Crowhust in the semis.

I'm really pleased with the way the groups worked out to be honest - the best four teams made the semi-finals. I don't think anyone would argue with that.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
AITC were a good side. We had a really good game with them that finished 1-0, though we had an equaliser dissallowed which would have seen us top the group on GD, and thus avoid Crowhust in the semis.

We were very happy with that result - based on what we'd seen in the other games before we felt that we had to get something if we were to win the group.

The game itself was also very enjoyable to play in; it was competetive and fair

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What's this? I was in goal! I'm allowed to handball it!

EDIT; Oh, I remember! Would have been harsh Kev - Totally accidental :angel:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I'm really pleased with the way the groups worked out to be honest - the best four teams made the semi-finals. I don't think anyone would argue with that.

a) You'd have faced the MIGHTY Sporting in the semi had you not got Crowhurst. The very same Sporting who royally TROUNCED AITC...

b) I think the four best teams got to the semis although REJECTS were my FAVOURITE team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
a) You'd have faced the MIGHTY Sporting in the semi had you not got Crowhurst. The very same Sporting who royally TROUNCED AITC...

b) I think the four best teams got to the semis although REJECTS were my FAVOURITE team.

You're conviniently ignoring the fact that we put ourselves 2-nil up against the same Crowhurst team that you and your whole group failed to score a SINGLE goal against in the 4 group games.:thumbsup:

My FAVOURITE team were Brazil of Brighton.

I would love to have won our group and played you guys. that would have been the game of the tournament. I think you might have all kicked Sam though!

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Out of curiosity does your number 10 coach?

Yep. Only one of our players doesn't coach, but I forget what number he was wearing.

And in Luke's defence, the only reason he got so riled up in the semi was a dangerous late challenge (one that the ref did nothing about, which didn't help the situation).

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
???

Care to enlighten me?

I told him to shake the other teams hand (it is a charity friendly tournament after all). Apparently he turned round about a minute later and threatened to "shake my head".

Hope he isn't such a sore loser and unsporting **** when he is teaching kids.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yep. Only one of our players doesn't coach, but I forget what number he was wearing.

And in Luke's defence, the only reason he got so riled up in the semi was a dangerous late challenge (one that the ref did nothing about, which didn't help the situation).

That would have been MY challenge which was hardly life threatening. Played the ball but admittedly caught him from behind afterwards.

Bit of an ever-reaction by both sides to be honest, myself included.

The ref was doing the best he could.

I would love to have won our group and played you guys. that would have been the game of the tournament. I think you might have all kicked Sam though!

I doubt I would have got close enough to kick Sam.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I heard nothing Chris. I was aware that there was a little bit of tension in the semi final, but we were playing ours at the same time so it all kind of passed me by. The AITC lads were a bit tense still when I spoke to them after the game.

I'm sure its all forgotten straight after though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I told him to shake the other teams hand (it is a charity friendly tournament after all). Apparently he turned round about a minute later and threatened to "shake my head".

Hope he isn't such a sore loser and unsporting **** when he is teaching kids.

Never an excuse not to shake hands, charity event or otherwise. He should hang his head in shame.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I heard nothing Chris. I was aware that there was a little bit of tension in the semi final, but we were playing ours at the same time so it all kind of passed me by. The AITC lads were a bit tense still when I spoke to them after the game.

I'm sure its all forgotten straight after though.

Certainly was. Couple of minutes after the final whistle and it was all forgotten. I spoke to Luke that evening as it happens, and he said he'd spoken to one of the Sporting lads (whoever it was that had been arguing with Luke on the pitch, one of the defenders) and apparently they both acknowledged that everyone had over reacted, themselves included.

What can I say? Competetive bunch, these footballers :dunce:

At the end of the day, it's all done and dusted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here