The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Raffle Prizes, as far as I can remember, went to the following;

Kuipers' shirt to Hiney
Ginger Prince t-shirt to Carl / Les B
2 Kerry Mayos T-shirt - not sure
Bottle of Malt Whisky to my 6 year old (I'll help him with that!)
Bottle of JD - not sure.

Once again thanks to FDM, Buzzer and Alan at Sporting Colours for the prizes.

Kuipers' gloves, awarded for guessing nearest the goals total of 107, went to Carl also.

Many thanks also to Adam Virgo who sent me a signed Celtic shirt, which unfortunately did not arrive til this morning. It will still be put to good use.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Raffle Prizes, as far as I can remember, went to the following;

Bottle of JD - not sure.

I won the JD :bigwave::yahoo::whisky::thumbsup:

It's helping to anaesthetise the pain in my ankle/every bone in my bloody body!!!

On the plus side, I, unlike most people it would seem, am nicely bronzed and not fried to a crisp!

Well done Simon for organising a superb day :)

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Your team were definately 'old school'! After watching your first game the opinion was 'they don't seem to pull out of much'.

T'was a cunning plan... that failed..

We did notice you stuck your star striker in GOAL for the game when we needed you to score a bucket load against a rival team...Tsk....

Still, common thought was he scored the goal of the Tournament - Won the ball in own 6 <4> yard area, beat two players, knocked it long, beat the keeper and still got it in from level with the posts, all without breaking sweat.. Nice one..! :thumbsup:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
next year i definitely want to play in the repeat of the tournament! sounds like a quality day. i was thinking of bringing a few beers and popping on the train down but the lack of job kind of ruined that plan! but if anyone wants a player for next year i'm available from now!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hopefully there will be one on next year, and i will make sure i am in the country for it

crocs GUARANTEED victory for next year!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In the sense that the other team were better than you?

By the way saw your bit in Four Four Two, nice.

EXACTLY that sense...

The final was a non event because we were all out on our feet. Our group game against Crowhurst was far tighter although they were easily the best team in it.

Four Four Two bit was filled in weeks before we even signed Nicky Forster so not exactly in context with the post Falmer / squad strengthening but hey ho that's printing deadlines for you.

Back to the tournament I did feel our keeper was a bit hard done by in the best keeper comp. Kept four clean sheets and only conceeded against the winners but missed out to the Crowhurst goalie despite the fact they changed theirs every game!

Cracking day though - roll on next year when hopefully half of Sporting FC actually make it to bed before 5am on the morning of the tournament...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
EXACTLY that sense...

The final was a non event because we were all out on our feet. Our group game against Crowhurst was far tighter although they were easily the best team in it.

Four Four Two bit was filled in weeks before we even signed Nicky Forster so not exactly in context with the post Falmer / squad strengthening but hey ho that's printing deadlines for you.

Back to the tournament I did feel our keeper was a bit hard done by in the best keeper comp. Kept four clean sheets and only conceeded against the winners but missed out to the Crowhurst goalie despite the fact they changed theirs every game!

Cracking day though - roll on next year when hopefully half of Sporting FC actually make it to bed before 5am on the morning of the tournament...

The power of the magical shorts couldnt provide us with enough energy for the final.:blush:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think we would have done better if we hadn't have had 5 players pull out with a week to go!

Still looking forward to next year.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Still feel a bit bad about that. Because we didn't bring a keeper we planned to play four different outfield players in goal during the group stages and then the player we thought was the best keeper in the semi final and final if we got there.

As it turned out the other four didn't concede and our 'best' keeper let in 3 in two games but still picked up the trophy! We should have passed on that to be honest.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
By the way what was the matter with that blonde kiddie who was playing for the boys in the Albion shirts. Kept kicking off with everyone.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Still feel a bit bad about that. Because we didn't bring a keeper we planned to play four different outfield players in goal during the group stages and then the player we thought was the best keeper in the semi final and final if we got there.

As it turned out the other four didn't concede and our 'best' keeper let in 3 in two games but still picked up the trophy! We should have passed on that to be honest.

How is the guy with the bad knee?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
EXACTLY that sense...

I have to say, I hadn't realised that their keeper changed, as I guess that would have made it difficult to work out. I had actually meant to make the keeper award based on group games only so that everyone was judged over 4 games.

On that basis, you were looking at;

Crowhurst [0]
Sporting [2]
Exiles:thumbsup:[4]
AITC [4]

The keeper award's always a bit contentious, as it's really bound to go to the 'keeper in the best team' rather than necessarily the best actual keeper.

Some keepers on Sunday had a LOT more saves to make than others!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
By the way what was the matter with that blonde kiddie who was playing for the boys in the Albion shirts. Kept kicking off with everyone.

There was a slight lack of 'charidee' from some quarters for a few short moments at teh end of the semi-final, but I think that apart, there spirit was spot on all day.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
How is the guy with the bad knee?

They couldn't do much at The Royal Sussex so they just cleaned him up and bandaged him up. Yesterday he went to the conquest where they managed to get all the crap out and finally stitch it up (10 stitches).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wolfman's GOLDEN BOOT, the results;
[Apoogies if you're missing, but hey-ho..]

10 - Jamie Lindsay [Crowhurst]
8 - Luke Tyler [AITC]
7 - Ben Rawlings [Exiles]
7 - Sam Mellor [Exiles]
7 - David Stapleton [Exiles]
7 - Dan Kennedy [Crowhurst]
6 - Tom Witham [Crocs]

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Should have a crossbar challenge next year. Just a suggestion like. Quid in an the winner gets a prize.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here