Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Excellent work [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] I found your questions fiendishly tricky. Good luck and may the best team win

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Phew. Close run thing.

Only one team in the whole tournament failed to qualify after having been in the top four scorers in their group.

I hope it's not our [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] after all the grief he gave me last time :lolol:

I'll see who it was.

Oh ****....:ffsparr:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Only one team in the whole tournament failed to qualify after having been in the top four scorers in their group.

I hope it's not our [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] after all the grief he gave me last time :lolol:

I'll see who it was.

That would also make me the top scorer overall not to qualify.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Final standings Group Four:

GP4Results.JPG GP4Table.JPG

[MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION]* [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]*

Check your results. Good effort from all who took part. The second round format will be announced tomorrow for those who qualified.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Final standings Group Four:

View attachment 123574 View attachment 123575
[MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION]* [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]*

Check your results. Good effort from all who took part. The second round format will be announced tomorrow for those who qualified.

Can't see either attachment.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That would also make me the top scorer overall not to qualify.

Yes. 10 teams scored more than Greece who qualified from Group 1 with 17.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

I'll see who it was.

Hmmm... So let's get this straight - not only was my team the ONLY one not to qualify from their group despite being among the top four scorers, I also scored the HIGHEST number of goals of any team not to qualify, and also had the highest number of goals scored AGAINST any team (apart from HKFC).

There definitely needs to be some sort of investigation here. More CORRUPT than FIFA!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hmmm... So let's get this straight - not only was my team the ONLY one not to qualify from their group despite being among the top four scorers, I also scored the HIGHEST number of goals of any team not to qualify, and also had the highest number of goals scored AGAINST any team (apart from HKFC).

There definitely needs to be some sort of investigation here. More CORRUPT than FIFA!

I have to say, I COWERED as the final results in knowing the FALL OUT.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I have to say, I COWERED as the final results in knowing the FALL OUT.

If you were a GENTLEMAN, you would do the DECENT thing and award me the two extra points I am STILL owed from the previous competition!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you were a GENTLEMAN, you would do the DECENT thing and award me the two extra points I am STILL owed from the previous competition!

You are invited to join the COMMENTARY TEAM

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cheers for running this. Gutted to miss out so narrowly after leading my table following the first round of results. Denmark will return.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]*

Welcome to the NSC Quiz Summer Championships Second Round….

Please read carefully.

There will be four groups of four. Teams will play each other twice- six matches in total. The top two in each group will progress to the quarter finals.

No team will face another from the first round group they were part of. Each position was seeded so every group has players who finished 4,3,2,1 from a qualifying group.

There will be two rounds of three matches. FIVE questions in each match. So you will answer 30 questions over the course of the entire phase.

The Complete And Utter Shyster Card

31164.jpg

No tournament is complete without controversy. So controversy there will be….

Each individual team is allotted 2 The Complete And Utter Shyster cards.

You may play ONE card in TWO of your six matches. You must nominate a question within that match on which the card is to be played. Should your opponent answer that question correctly their goal will be DISALLOWED. You will score as normal for that question. If your opponent answers the question incorrectly anyway then the card is wasted for that question.

In each match you play the card just simply put (CARD) next to the question you wish to play it on.

Teams tied on points after six matches- deciding who goes through

1) The team with the most goals goes through. If still tied….
2) All The Complete And Utter Shyster cards for teams tied on points are revoked. The team who then has the most goals over the six matches goes through. If still tied….
3) Goal difference without cards being revoked.

Here are your groups:

SR1.JPG SR2.JPG

SR3.JPG SR4.JPG

Your first matches and questions will follow later today.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Proud of plucky little Montenegro. Only lost 3 games, but 5 draws did for our chances of qualifying.

Always felt like we were in the toughest group, something confirmed by a quick calculation of the average goals per team:

Group 2: 24.666
Group 4: 23.444
Group 3: 23.333
Group 1: 19.375

(Bye teams excluded from calculations).

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Delighted for Christiania, sorry, Azerbaijan

Last round of games was tough, and given that our entire squad are hippies, all they wanted to do was smoke insane amounts of weed

but we managed to stumble over the finish line. If anyone could get the squad a few bags of wotsits that would be great as they've all got the munchies

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Shambolic from Lithuania, Two 1-0 wins against byes and a scrappy draw with Sweden just not good enough. Time for some big changes.

Excellent questions Brighton Lines, felt like you should know all the answers, sadly I just didn’t! The final of the Euro 96 question in particular, I guess I just blanked out the final.

Thanks for doing it, good luck everyone left in.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Delighted for Christiania, sorry, Azerbaijan

Last round of games was tough, and given that our entire squad are hippies, all they wanted to do was smoke insane amounts of weed

but we managed to stumble over the finish line. If anyone could get the squad a few bags of wotsits that would be great as they've all got the munchies

Your player sent to give a SAMPLE was looking a bit SHEEPISH.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Wasn't expecting to win my group, was really unsure how I'd done in that last set of games so very pleased with Latvia's progress. Looks like a really strong group we've been drawn in though, both Ireland and Moldova scored more goals than Latvia in qualification despite not winning their groups, clearly two very attack minded teams, Greece are also very solid at the back only letting in 13. Tough games ahead will have to turn The Daugava into fortress.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Tight group for the Dutch, not fancying my chances. Oranje will do well to qualify from that.

Also, LOVE the idea of the Shyster cards. Splendid concept...until it bites me in the arse, that is.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just waiting for someone to DROP OUT or be BANNED, so as the best non-qualifier I can do a 'Denmark 1992'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here