Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
DELIGHTED to pick up 9 points from that (thought I did have 2 byes...).

[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION], I'm not letting you get away!

Interestingly, 10 of the 14 players in the domestic league last month occupy qualifying positions.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Interestingly, 10 of the 14 players in the domestic league last month occupy qualifying positions.

One question, having looked at Group 1: How are places decided if points are equal? Goal difference? # of wins?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
One question, having looked at Group 1: How are places decided if points are equal? Goal difference? # of wins?

As it is now. If you finish level on points the placings are determined by the number of goals scored.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thought I'd stick them here so I could run away in the early hours:

Match 7
1 How many times have Brighton played Crawley Town in either the FA or League Cup ?
2 In which year did Brighton last play Portsmouth in a league match ?
3 Who are Arsenal due to play in the quarter finals of the current FA Cup ?
4 Who did Germany play in the final of Euro 96 ?
5 Which home counties club were historically known as the 'biscuitmen' ?

Match 8
1 Who are the oldest London club still in the league ?
2 Which London club has won the most domestic trophies ?
3 Which Premier League set of fans have the longest avarage away journey ?
4 Gus Poyet's Sunderland reached the final of the League Cup in which year ?
5 Who won the Women's Super League in 2019 ?

Match 9
1 Who won the League 2 title in 2019 ?
2 Who were granted a reprieve from relegation when Gateshead were demoted from the National League in 2019 ?
3 England's last match in 1980 Euros and the 1982 World Cup were against the same team. Name them.
4 Who plays at the Pirelli Stadium ?
5 Which English city (e.g Nottingham) has won the most top flight (Div1/Premier League) titles ?

[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]* [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=35]Timbo[/MENTION]* [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION]
Brighton Lines [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=20141]GloryDays[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION]* [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]*

Now, folk will be wanting to know how they have done. So please get your answers in by 7pm Wednesday. The final standings and the second round format (four groups of four) will then be published.

Even if you are out of the reckoning please play along. There is a lot on some of these matches so try and sum up some enthusiasm for your dead rubbers. Give your fans something to cheer.

Oh, please read the questions carefully & have a go even if you don't know the answer. Some entries have lost potential points because of this.

In the event of a tie on points in any group the highest place team is always the one who has scored most goals. If there is still a tie it goes to goal difference.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fixtures:

G1.JPG G2.JPG

G3.JPG G4.JPG

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Scored just 1 goal in the second round and still scooped another 4 points to keep little Estonia alive in the Scandi battle for 4th place in Group One. 4 goals and 8 points so far with just 2 defeats. Hughtonesque!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Scored just 1 goal in the second round and still scooped another 4 points to keep little Estonia alive in the Scandi battle for 4th place in Group One. 4 goals and 8 points so far with just 2 defeats. Hughtonesque!
[MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] must be BARRY LLOYD. In the qualifying positions with a negative goal difference. I'm not sure who Hans Kraay is. Second top goalscorer and may not even make the cut.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Compare with Ireland, who have also scored 8 points – but from 23 goals!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] is the current league champion. Teams raise their game against him.

Either that or he needs to sack his defensive coach.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shit. Top with 3 wins from 3 to 7th place. Brutal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Let’s just ponder this for a second...

He has answered FOUR of 30 questions correctly, and has 8 pts.

I have answered TWENTY THREE of those same 30 questions correctly, and also have 8 pts.

It’s a CONSPIRACY I tell you. :angry:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm loving these questions so far. On first reading I have the exact same reaction every time - 'oh shit, I'm in trouble'. But they're like great songs that need a few listens to reveal their charms...the more i re-read them and ponder the more I get an idea of the answer or at least can have an educated guess. Apart from those ones where despite thinking on them for a few hours I still have no idea. I'll call them the U2/Bono questions...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thank you. Another brilliant set of questions which I have spent my morning on.. This is exactly the knowledge I try to learn. Really enjoying it.

Intriguing username. Where you conceived after a thrilling victory... ? :D

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Half the answers in already. Keep 'em flowing chaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here