Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Gutted, (Austria Grp 2) equal 4th with 3 others, lost out on GD. Did Germany qualify? Can I play the Anschluss card??

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
have we got the second round questions yet? Not pushing it's just that I'm only popping onto NSC periodically

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just checked the goals scored by my 2nd round opponents and have subsequently booked flights for the lads back to Athens.

Great to have made it this far and that 9 points from the glorious last set of games will be replayed on Greek Sky for years to come.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just waiting for someone to DROP OUT or be BANNED, so as the best non-qualifier I can do a 'Denmark 1992'.

Er more points than you SONSHINE. Wind yer neck in

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Gutted, (Austria Grp 2) equal 4th with 3 others, lost out on GD. Did Germany qualify? Can I play the Anschluss card??

Smirks, Germany didn't qualify mate. They forget who they beat in the Euro 96 final themselves.......

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Er more points than you SONSHINE. Wind yer neck in

I scored more actual GOALS, which any REASONABLE person would assume would make me the BETTER player.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I scored more actual GOALS, which any REASONABLE person would assume would make me the BETTER player.

I'm running the NSC WHINGERS CHAMPIONSHIP alongside this. You are top SEED.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
have we got the second round questions yet? Not pushing it's just that I'm only popping onto NSC periodically

Published after the CLAP tonight.

You will have until Sunday afternoon to submit answers.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nice to see the Queen of passing sneak in group 4 , see I told you adding the sky sports package would come in handy :D

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The mighty Serbia are off to declare war on someone, not sure which country yet, but revenge is due.
I blame my defence, all of whom have been sent to work in the mines. Conceding 5 in three and 4 in one meant we had no chance, along with my lack of football knowledge.
Wasted an hour of two anyway, thanks.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Thanks Brighton Lines for all the effort you've put into this - much appreciated.

Commiserations to those who failed to beat Norway. You only have yourselves to blame.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
A couple of very high scoring draws put me through and I have to confess that most of my answers were lucky(or educated) guesses
Thanks [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] for all of your hard work

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
So far this Euros is looking likely to go down as the year of the MINNOWS.

Expectations are growing daily from the EXPAT community back on the ROCK.

Expect there will be more delays at the airport whilst the people and monkeys are cleared from
the runway as news filters through of yet another seemingly impossible win.

Great stuff BL for your passionate commitment to the cause.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bet you used to take your ball home when things went against you......and your jumper acting as a POST. :flounce::tantrum:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bet you used to take your ball home when things went against you......and your jumper acting as a POST. :flounce::tantrum:

I'd be careful. Our [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] is now at Lines Lodge working as VAR adjudicator.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'd be careful. Our [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] is now at Lines Lodge working as VAR adjudicator.

I'm on the bus home though so I can bemoan my hard luck!! :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Match 1
1 Which year did Michael Owen join Real Madrid ?
2 In 2016/17 Lincoln City reached the FA Cup fifth round. Which other non-league team joined them ?
3 Which National League, and former football league, team are known as the 'Glovers' ?
4 Prior to last year's victory, in which year did Liverpool last win the Champions League ?
5 Prior to last year's Liverpool victory, who were the most recent English team to win the Champions league ?
Match 2
1 Who plays at Glanford Park ?
2 Which league team are known as the Imps ?
3 Who were the last English team to complete the domestic treble ?
4 Who were the beaten finalists in Euro 2000 ?
5 Who replaced Alan Shearer as Newcastle United manager in 2009 ?
Match 3
1 Who is the most expensive signing by an English team ?
2 Who did Joao Felix sign for in 2019 at a contract cost of £113m ?
3 Name one of the teams Albion replaced in the Championship when promoted in 2011.
4 Which club badge features a coal miner and a glass blower ?
5 Football Index sponsor the shirt of which top half Championship team ?

Don't forget your SHYSTER cards (Two max over the course of the six games you play in this phase).

Fixtures:

FIX1G.JPG FIX2G.JPG

FIX3G.JPG FIX4G.JPG

Answers by SUNDAY 6pm please.

Rule update:

1) The Shyster card cannot be played against the same team twice.

Amendment:

Teams tied on points after six matches- deciding who goes through

1) The team with the most goals goes through. If still tied….
2) All The Complete And Utter Shyster cards played against teams tied on points are revoked. The team who then has the most goals over the six matches goes through. If still tied….
3) The aggregate of the matches between those two teams.
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]*

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

There's only ONE way to SORT this. I challenge you to a head-to-head over ALL remaining questions in this tournament*. Are you MAN or MOUSE?

(*If [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] would be so good as to mark the answers at the end).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here