Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
[MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]* [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=35]Timbo[/MENTION]* [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION]* [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=20141]GloryDays[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION]* [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]

Further to: If you wish to change the name of your nation for the Merit League you can. In fact, you can be any sort of nation you like. Even Christianista, or whatever it's called.

The Democratic Republic of Croydon will have to go to arbitration though.

Hi quiz guru.

I'd like to be called the 'Fellowship of the Minge' :wozza:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hi quiz guru.

I'd like to be called the 'Fellowship of the Minge' :wozza:

I've looked on Google Maps and can't find that.

Unless, of course, it is a Swedish enclave.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No we believe in equality at Lines Lodge. Thus you have been placed into the quiz about cats. Same leagues same amount of matches. Enough of your slander*

*Alternatively, it might just be because you didn't make the top four you have been eliminated from the main competition.

Some players have expressed an interest in playing on so have been placed in the 'Merit League'. If you want to continue see post 339 for the current set of questions. PM as usual.

I think FIFA need to look in to this , well WIFA at least , Frankie was 4th in his/her :D group and is showing as a group 2 player .

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think FIFA need to look in to this , well WIFA at least , Frankie was 4th in his/her :D group and is showing as a group 2 player .

Yes. [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] is in the last 16.

In line with government policy, I will now claim that I never suggested she was in the Merit League and will claim that my inference was misinterpreted.

I shouldn't be doing this late at night after the pills have kicked in...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm confused have I been demoted because I happen to be a woman

You are in the last 16. Ignore your other invitation.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What a SHAMBLES! The qualifying competition surely needs to be run again!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes. [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] is in the last 16.

In line with government policy, I will now claim that I never suggested she was in the Merit League and will claim that my inference was misinterpreted.

I shouldn't be doing this late at night after the pills have kicked in...

Have no regrets. Without that small error, you’d never have been able to post this, surely the zenith of your entire quizmaster career :clap2:

No we believe in equality at Lines Lodge. Thus you have been placed into the quiz about cats.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Answers finally in. One question took me TWO DAYS to come up with an answer. I’ll not say which one, as my opponent would probably then play his CARD, and rule it out, rendering TWO DAYS of mental struggle worthless. :down:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If half way through, one of the countries test positive for Coronavirus what is the proposed cause of action to finish the competition?

I think we need clarification just in case, and so I can get in early with my excuses. Looking forward to being on GMTV, maybe I can go one better than Glenn and be on Loose women.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Answers finally in. One question took me TWO DAYS to come up with an answer. I’ll not say which one, as my opponent would probably then play his CARD, and rule it out, rendering TWO DAYS of mental struggle worthless. :down:
I'm still deliberating over some of mine.

One of them though, I was convinced I knew the answer when I first read the questions and only realised this morning (thankfully I've not submitted yet) that I'd missed what I think is the very obvious actual answer.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'm still deliberating over some of mine.

One of them though, I was convinced I knew the answer when I first read the questions and only realised this morning (thankfully I've not submitted yet) that I'd missed what I think is the very obvious actual answer.

Always RTQ. Something I’ve failed to do multiple times. :Dunce:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] to come in the Championship. You're not late. You have till tomorrow evening, but it's always good to remind folk as it's easy to get sidetracked at the weekend.

Five entries into the Merit League already. Good stuff.

At the end of the tournament (Somewhere round June 1st as it stands) all entries that complete the whole thing will be published in a single league that shows the overall correct scores. In years to come one person will be doubtless be drowning their sorrows in an empty bar whilst looking at the winner's picture saying 'I was robbed, I tell yer, robbed'- The Complete And Utter Shyster doubtless shouldering the blame for another injustice...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
[MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] to come in the Championship. You're not late. You have till tomorrow evening, but it's always good to remind folk as it's easy to get sidetracked at the weekend.

Five entries into the Merit League already. Good stuff.

At the end of the tournament (Somewhere round June 1st as it stands) all entries that complete the whole thing will be published in a single league that shows the overall correct scores. In years to come one person will be doubtless be drowning their sorrows in an empty bar whilst looking at the winner's picture saying 'I was robbed, I tell yer, robbed'- The Complete And Utter Shyster doubtless shouldering the blame for another injustice...

I'm in for the Dummies League

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well done to one player in the current round who has maximum points.

Just a shame Mike Dean has been your referee...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Currently six entrants to the Merit League.

As for changing team names, there is a 'policy' reversal that means that they must continue as before, because at the end of the championship a final table will be published of complete scores.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here