Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Group 3 has completed this part of the round. Please do not discuss the answers on this thread as there are still other groups to complete.

Table and results:

Group 3.JPG

The Complete And Utter Shyster cards. Red shows a successful card has been played against you. Green is a wasted card as you got the question wrong. The initials show which country played that card against you.

Group 3 Card.JPG
[MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]* [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apologies, I didn't confirm the 3rd set of results

Group 3.JPG

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great work Brighton Lines. It'll be interesting to see if the other groups are this tight or if this is the group of death.

Does the green next to the Shyster card mean that it was a wasted use because I got the answer wrong or my opponent got it wrong?

It means that the opponent failed to answer the question correctly so nothing happened.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Some might call me the Chris Hughton of the international SCENE but that’s water off a duck‘a back for us MINNOWS.

Whatever it takes against the MIGHT of Italy, Hungary and Belgium.

Including getting wrong the only answer in game three that I thought everyone would get right! And they say the Italians are the masters of the dark arts:lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All in now. So crunching starts in a couple of hours.

The Merit League has 9 at present. So I'm pleased that folk like our [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] can play on and try to right their injustices in the final aggregate tables. If they send their answers in by 6.30.....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All in now. So crunching starts in a couple of hours.

The Merit League has 9 at present. So I'm pleased that folk like our [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] can play on and try to right their injustices in the final aggregate tables. If they send their answers in by 6.30.....

On it, but judging by my answers/wild guesses so far I will need some really terribe injustice to bail me out this time.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As it stands:

G1.JPG G2.JPG

G3.JPG G4.JPG

The Complete And Utter Shyster Cards (Red- Successful card played against you and showing who played it, Green- wasted card played against you and showing who played it)

Cards.JPG

The Answers:

Answers.JPG

[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]*

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Merit League

[MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION]* [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION]* [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION]* [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]*

Merit.JPG

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] Can I just double check one thing - in my third match, I believe I got 4/5 right and my opponent played (assuming I'm reading the table rightly) one CAUS card, but I've only been credited with two goals.

Have I missed something, as I thought I should have three rather than two for that game?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Great stuff Quizmaster , still managing to misread at least one of the questions per round , The Pogba one will hopefully finally teach me , i read it as the most expensive English signing like a complete donk .

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] Can I just double check one thing - in my third match, I believe I got 4/5 right and my opponent played (assuming I'm reading the table rightly) one CAUS card, but I've only been credited with two goals.

Have I missed something, as I thought I should have three rather than two for that game?
Hang on, I think I've got it now.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Your third match is the first one showing. They configure in reverse order. I haven't worked out a way of correcting it yet.

Your first match will always be the earliest dates shown on the scores. Bit confusing but my techy brain is struggling to work out how to re-configure it.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Merit League

[MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION]* [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION]* [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION]* [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]*

View attachment 123742

Cheers :thumbsup:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Overall tournament scores (The Complete And Utter Shyster Card rescinded)

Overall.JPG

Quite pleased with this as there was no second round draw. Every player was seeded on performance. Seems to have worked well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tiny point of order - I think that the question “Name one of the teams the Albion replaced in the Championship, when promoted in 2011”, technically has SIX correct answers, rather than three.

(Just in case anyone did name one of the promoted teams - for the record, QPR, Norwich, Swansea)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tiny point of order - I think that the question “Name one of the teams the Albion replaced in the Championship, when promoted in 2011”, technically has SIX correct answers, rather than three.

(Just in case anyone did name one of the promoted teams - for the record, QPR, Norwich, Swansea)

My argument on that, although I do see the point, is that a promoted team would directly replace a relegated team. A relegated Premier League team would replace a promoted Championship side.

However, I see that the question could cause me trouble if someone has a good lawyer...

Having a think as this may have affected a couple of players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My argument on that, although I do see the point, is that a promoted team would directly replace a relegated team. A relegated Premier League team would replace a promoted Championship side.

However, I see that the question could cause me trouble if someone has a good lawyer...

Having a think as this may have affected a couple of players.

It doesn’t affect me, either way, as I answered Sheffield Utd - but I definitely read the question as ‘any of the six teams that vacated the Championship spaces’. Sorry if I’ve caused you grief, mentioning it :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here