Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you wanted them back quick, you shouldn’t have made them hard!

Mine will include a complete guess in each of the three sets.

Well, I'm so sorry that your road to a second successive championship isn't paved with tap ins :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, I'm so sorry that your road to a second successive championship isn't paved with tap ins :lolol:

I’m not confident in the first game. One utter guess, leaves a score of 4 at best, and your boy Badger is all but certain to CARD me down one, too. Maybe i’ll Get lucky and he’ll pick one I’ve got wrong. Unlikely though!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m not confident in the first game. One utter guess, leaves a score of 4 at best, and your boy Badger is all but certain to CARD me down one, too. Maybe i’ll Get lucky and he’ll pick one I’ve got wrong. Unlikely though!

A possibility, especially as you successfully carded HIM in the last section.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]

You do have until 7pm tomorrow, but as only 11 have been returned so far I thought a reminder in case any folk have been sidetracked.

Mine done and sent in. A five educated guesses, confident in matches 5&6, but some of what I think are the curve ball questions I knew. can only think of 1_league of Ireland team.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just seven to come. Four from the main compo and three from the Merit League who seem just as keen. Quarter Finals should be known tomorrow then.

Anyone who stays in the competition goes into the final rankings for the next tournament (which could be like a seasonal divisional thing depending on what folk want).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Which nation is hosting the latter stages of the tournament ?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Christiania would be honoured to host the latter stages

I hope you all like Lentils

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]

Respectfully requesting answers today please. Thanks to the 19 received thus far.

Host nation for the later stages revealed tonight after I've opened the brown envelopes coming through the post.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’ll stick up the hand for Gibraltar. One stadium, one hotel, no worries about venue neutrality or coronavirus isolation issues due to the homogeneity of the situation. Oh and did I mention we have monkeys too?!

And a runway with a main road over it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
[MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]

Respectfully requesting answers today please. Thanks to the 19 received thus far.

Host nation for the later stages revealed tonight after I've opened the brown envelopes coming through the post.

Mine have now been sent in. Sorry for the slow response time, these were the toughest set yet.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There are one or two curve balls in there. But, looking at it, educated guesses could still return decent scores.

Folk must play their Shyster cards wisely. I was a bit surprised at how some of them were used last round.

A third of the players overall have 65% or over. That's about right. You're highest at 85%.

Does that include the match where I BEAT the best player in the domestic and international tournaments by getting MORE QUESTIONS CORRECT but was only awarded a DRAW?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Does that include the match where I BEAT the best player in the domestic and international tournaments by getting MORE QUESTIONS CORRECT but was only awarded a DRAW?

You've never mentioned this before.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let me guess - Poppies, Flora and the Irish champions? I haven’t got a clue on any of those so have also submitted three total guesses with zero confidence.

!

I knew the Poppies one, immediately. The Irish one I had to give a little thought, but fairly certain I have it right - helps that my oldest was still at Uni in Cork then, so we were following the league. Flora - amazed if ANYONE knows that.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I knew the Poppies one, immediately. The Irish one I had to give a little thought, but fairly certain I have it right - helps that my oldest was still at Uni in Cork then, so we were following the league. Flora - amazed if ANYONE knows that.

I thought initially Flora was Malta on account of my Premier Manager 2 friendly arranging days but talked myself out of it and chose some former Soviet block country just because it sounds tinpot in that direction....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here