Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
CONGRATULATIONS to Gibraltar on winning the HOSTING rights for the final stages.

We wait the schedule of entertainment from [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] once the line-up is published.

Christiania failed on a few points, not least the problem of most spectators being stoned and unable to observe SOCIAL DISTANCING.

View attachment 123863

Hopefully [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] will put some virtual money behind the Cine Bar in Rayner's Lane :D

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
We'd like to apologise to all of the Christianian and Azerbaijani fans. We got a bit complacent after topping the group in the first round of games. Then Klaus came in with some of his special cakes and a Bob Marley record. The remaining fixtures were a bit of a blur to be honest

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Draw.JPG
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]

The quiz now takes as 24 hour break as Gibraltar gets itself ready to host the later stages.

Questions will be published Friday morning.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
[MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] Is there an updated Merit League table?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] Is there an updated Merit League table?

On it's way with the new entrants.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Merit League

Merit league.JPG
[MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]*
[MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION] [MENTION=17941]AmexRuislip [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]

Three rounds of questions to go. Next arrives on Friday morning.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So I was top of the merit league after the first set of questions, then I dropped down after the second set due to the under achievers from the main tournament. Boo

I know. It honestly had nothing to do with you coming 24th out of 26 in the last set of answers :lolol:

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
View attachment 123866

View attachment 123867
[MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]

Through to the quarter finals

[MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]*

Moved to the Merit League. Scores carried over.

Oh well - I knew I was going to need a miracle to get through to the quarter-finals after the first half of results came in, so if anything I'm relieved I managed to take it all the way to goal difference - credit to [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION], [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] - all fantastic opponents - although I'm not sure what Frutos was playing at trying to use a second Shyster card on me:lolol::whisky:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
CONGRATULATIONS to Gibraltar on winning the HOSTING rights for the final stages.

We wait the schedule of entertainment from [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] once the line-up is published.

Christiania failed on a few points, not least the problem of most spectators being stoned and unable to observe SOCIAL DISTANCING.

View attachment 123863

Oh well. Suppose the Boys from the Rock will have to rely on showcasing our wonderful protectorate in all its GLORY rather than on the pitch.

You can look forward to monkey’s dressed as famous people in the opening ceremony and the perennial favourite ‘mishaps from the retrieve the ball from the runway gauntlet’ as pre-match video screen entertainment and excellent hospitality as all guests can partake in the produce from the Moroccan ‘fishermen’ that circumvent Spanish authorities by docking in our charming marina.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh well. Suppose the Boys from the Rock will have to rely on showcasing our wonderful protectorate in all its GLORY rather than on the pitch.

You can look forward to monkey’s dressed as famous people in the opening ceremony and the perennial favourite ‘mishaps from the retrieve the ball from the runway gauntlet’ as pre-match video screen entertainment and excellent hospitality as all guests can partake in the produce from the Moroccan ‘fishermen’ that circumvent Spanish authorities by docking in our charming marina.

Splendid. Oh, errm, the penthouse suite as agreed....

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh well I thought I done well in the last set.

:lolol:

For some strange reason I thought I was replying to our Kevo. I'm so used to him MOANING at me.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
View attachment 123858

View attachment 123859
[MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* - through to Quarter Finals
[MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]*-- now moved to the Merit League. Points from the second round carried over.

I am somewhat delighted but very surprised to have got through. Feel stupid about my Kettering answer!

With a bit of guessing and being a stadium tour guide, my knowledge has taken plucky North Macedonia to the Rock.

What a day

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Oh well - I knew I was going to need a miracle to get through to the quarter-finals after the first half of results came in, so if anything I'm relieved I managed to take it all the way to goal difference - credit to [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION], [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] - all fantastic opponents - although I'm not sure what Frutos was playing at trying to use a second Shyster card on me:lolol::whisky:

Thanks - not quite certain how far blind luck and guesswork is going to take the gallant Romanians but, like Gheorghe Hagi and Florin And one I am sure we'll kick and gouge our way as far as possible !

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
:lolol:

For some strange reason I thought I was replying to our Kevo. I'm so used to him MOANING at me.

I actually CLOCKED that, so don't think it went UNNOTICED.

I was equal 23rd out of 26, btw - not 24th. Still, a disastrous round of matches for Luxembourg. Mid-table respectability is my only aim now. And finishing higher than Georgia.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Did any other donut read the Bournemouth question wrong , just asking for a friend .
Yep, totally and utterly. I read it as EFL team rather than EPL team, then answered Aldershot who, as it turns out, aren't even in the EFL.

Total, unmitigated cock-up on my part.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep, totally and utterly. I read it as EFL team rather than EPL team, then answered Aldershot who, as it turns out, aren't even in the EFL.

Total, unmitigated cock-up on my part.

In response to the question about the who wears the number 8 shirt at Brighton, one response read 'Peter Ward'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here