Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[emoji38]

Just for the avoidance of any doubt from people reading this, that one wasn't me.

I thought about sending a message back saying 'You really need to let it go now..'

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Had some time to play with today. So here they are.

By Saturday midday please folks.

Tie break doesn't need to be answered by Merit League teams although give it a go if you want.

Try and answer all the questions. A pass could mean the loss of a point from a good guess.

Quarter Finals/Merit League

1 Which Premier League team is the oldest ?
2 Wolverhampton Wanderers were orginally named after which gospel writing saint ?
3 Prittlewell is the closest railway station for access to which league team's ground ?
4 Which former Liverpool striker appears second in the all-time FA Cup scorers list with 35 ?
5 In which season were Albion last relegated to the fourth tier of the league ?
6 Which red, black and white team badge features a hand holding a sword vertically ?
7 What is the nickname of Port Vale ?
8 Which club resigned from the football league in August 1992 leaving their county with one league team ?
9 Who are the only league team in Bedfordshire ?
10 Who are Rochdale's nearest league club, being approx six miles away ?
11 Middlesbrough won the League Cup once between 2000 & 2010. Which year ?
12 In 96/97, Albion drew 1-1 in their penultimate away game. The one before Hereford United. A journey of 119 miles from Hove. Where ?
13 The fastest road route from the AMEX to Fratton Park is how many miles (-2/+2 allowance) (source: Google Maps) ?
14 Which club was granted planning permission for its Power Court Stadium Project in 2019 ?
15 Who are the nearest league team to Ipswich Town ?
TB Bolton Wanderers last won the FA Cup in which year ? (nearest answer wins tie break)

[MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]*

GIB.JPG

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
In response to the question about the who wears the number 8 shirt at Brighton, one response read 'Peter Ward'.

That wasn't me. But still incredulous that I picked up Brighton Lines' thought process about Estonia and the Flora League. I honestly had no idea when I placed my guess!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Merit League has been expanded to include every team that decided to continue in the competition. Just makes sense rather than adding figures that are already known once a team goes out. So here it is. Highlighted teams are still in the knockout stages.

Merit.JPG

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Blimey, I'm Germany, and pretty close to the bottom.

I need some penalties here........

Well done, Brighton Lines, great fun, matey! :rock:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Blimey, I'm Germany, and pretty close to the bottom.

I need some penalties here........

Well done, Brighton Lines, great fun, matey! :rock:

Keep going ! If we decide to start running a quiz league from August, say three monthly (promotion & relegation etc), your final ranking in this competition will determine which division you enter.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Keep going ! If we decide to start running a quiz league from August, say three monthly (promotion & relegation etc), your final ranking in this competition will determine which division you enter.

Matey, love what you've done, and are doing.

Don't pencil me in, chip it in rock. Love it x

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Matey, love what you've done, and are doing.

Don't pencil me in, chip it in rock. Love it x

It's been enjoyable, perfect for my nerdiness. I won't be doing the Mike Dean cards again though. As fun as they were, it was such a pain to administrate. Only myself to blame for that one.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
It's been enjoyable, perfect for my nerdiness. I won't be doing the The Complete And Utter Shyster cards again though. As fun as they were, it was such a pain to administrate. Only myself to blame for that one.

When you started it, I did think that rod and back came to mind.

However, as everyone has said, it's great fun, and we all can see what you've put into this.

Cheers matey!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
any chance of a quiz for the oldies,say 60s/70s/80s :thumbsup:

I think if leagues did take off there would have to be those sort of questions included with opportunities for educated guessing.

Or maybe we should have segregated lower divisions. Third Division Young and Third Division Old.

Only some might lie about their age.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've submitted my answers to the Quizmaster , i then compiled his questions consulting the Google machine for the correct answers , iv'e tried to make them of a similar theme to our questions , so these are for Brighton Lines only for the purposes of the Quiz , have a go if you want but keep it to yourselves :thumbsup:

Match 1

1 = What year did Ian Wright retire 2001

2 = Who was the Netherlands top scorer in the 2000 Euros Kluivert

3 = Who was the Referee in the 2000 Euros Final Collina

4 = Who were the 2 finalists of the 2011 FA Cup Manchester United Chelsea

5 = Who did Crawley defeat in in Round 1 of the 2011 FA CUP Oh, **** off. Bogthorpe in the Marsh

Match 2

1 = Which decade did Brighton first play in Division 3 South 1920s

2 = How many European trophies did English clubs win from 1977-1984 Liverpool x 4 Nottingham Forest x 2 Aston Villa x 1 Ipswich Town x 1 Tottenham Hotpsur x 1 = 9

3 = What year did Nottingham Forest last win the European Cup 1980

4 = Brighton played Oxford Utd in a pre season friendly in the 2016-17 season , what was the score 3-2

5 = Who was the Premiere League top goal scorer in the 92-93 season Di Canio

Match 3

1 = Which player did Shane Duffy headbutt to get himself sent off v Crystal Palace A worthy one

2 = In 2011 FA Cup Brighton played Pompey and won 3-1 who scored Brightons 3rd goal Ashley Barnes

3 = Who is the current manager of Whitehawk FC I don't know, I'm only a STH there

4 = Which club did Sir Bobby Robson join after leaving the England post . PSV Eindhoven

5 = Which club did Brighton lose to after a replay in the 1st round of the 2008 FA Cup FC United

Not looking forward to the results of that.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not looking forward to the results of that.

Match 1

1 = What year did Ian Wright retire 2000

2 = Who was the Netherlands top scorer in the 2000 Euros Kluivert ... 1 point

3 = Who was the Referee in the 2000 Euros Final ....Anders Fisk

4 = Who were the 2 finalists of the 2011 FA Cup Manchester City v Stoke

5 = Who did Crawley defeat in in Round 1 of the 2011 FA CUP Guiesley

Match 2

1 = Which decade did Brighton first play in Division 3 South 1920s 1 point

2 = How many European trophies did English clubs win from 1977-1984 . 7

3 = What year did Nottingham Forest last win the European Cup 1980 1 point

4 = Brighton played Oxford Utd in a pre season friendly in the 2016-17 season , what was the score 0-4

5 = Who was the Premiere League top goal scorer in the 92-93 season Teddy Sherringham

Match 3

1 = Which player did Shane Duffy headbutt to get himself sent off v Crystal Palace Patrick Van Arnholt

2 = In 2011 FA Cup Brighton played Pompey and won 3-1 who scored Brightons 3rd goal . Fran Sandanza

3 = Who is the current manager of Whitehawk FC . Pablo Asensio

4 = Which club did Sir Bobby Robson join after leaving the England post . PSV Eindhoven 1 point

5 = Which club did Brighton lose to after a replay in the 1st round of the 2008 FA Cup . Hartlepool

Enjoy the merit league old son :lolol:

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Match 1

1 = What year did Ian Wright retire 2000

2 = Who was the Netherlands top scorer in the 2000 Euros Kluivert ... 1 point

3 = Who was the Referee in the 2000 Euros Final ....Anders Fisk

4 = Who were the 2 finalists of the 2011 FA Cup Manchester City v Stoke

5 = Who did Crawley defeat in in Round 1 of the 2011 FA CUP Guiesley

Match 2

1 = Which decade did Brighton first play in Division 3 South 1920s 1 point

2 = How many European trophies did English clubs win from 1977-1984 . 7

3 = What year did Nottingham Forest last win the European Cup 1980 1 point

4 = Brighton played Oxford Utd in a pre season friendly in the 2016-17 season , what was the score 0-4

5 = Who was the Premiere League top goal scorer in the 92-93 season Teddy Sherringham

Match 3

1 = Which player did Shane Duffy headbutt to get himself sent off v Crystal Palace Patrick Van Arnholt

2 = In 2011 FA Cup Brighton played Pompey and won 3-1 who scored Brightons 3rd goal . Fran Sandanza

3 = Who is the current manager of Whitehawk FC . Pablo Asensio

4 = Which club did Sir Bobby Robson join after leaving the England post . PSV Eindhoven 1 point

5 = Which club did Brighton lose to after a replay in the 1st round of the 2008 FA Cup . Hartlepool

Enjoy the merit league old son :lolol:

You certainly wouldn't make a MERIT LEAGUE of QUIZMASTERS.

Pablo Asensio was sacked as manager of Hawks over two years ago. Jude is still manager.

Between 1977 & 1984 English teams won 7 European cups alone. What about UEFA Cups (Ipswich Town & Tottenham Hotspur) ? You said trophies.

When we hopefully play cricket together soon I'm not letting you anywhere near the SCOREBOOK.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You certainly wouldn't make a MERIT LEAGUE of QUIZMASTERS.

Pablo Asensio was sacked as manager of Hawks over two years ago. Jude is still manager.

Between 1977 & 1984 English teams won 7 European cups alone. What about UEFA Cups (Ipswich Town & Tottenham Hotspur) ? You said trophies.

When we hopefully play cricket together soon I'm not letting you anywhere near the SCOREBOOK.

You changed Wiki :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
RESULT

The early kick off has concluded- and it was a tight Quarter Final

SF4.JPG

Last question goal by [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION] sealing victory over [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]

(Please do not discuss answers in this thread)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Favourite answer so far:

Which club resigned from the football league in August 1992 leaving their county with one league team ?

Plymouth Argyle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here