Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Our first PL goal scorer was still bothering me, I was down to a choice of two. Just googled it and wasn't in any way surprised to see I'd gone for the wrong one.
Just done the same thing and annoyed myself. I was one match out. I can't even remember anything at all about the game in question.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some interesting results beginning to come in.

Including a 0-0 draw with a BYE

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Some interesting results beginning to come in.

Including a 0-0 draw with a BYE

At least I saved myself from that humiliation (for the time being).

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Just done the same thing and annoyed myself. I was one match out. I can't even remember anything at all about the game in question.

I talked myself out of the right answer and went for Tomer instead who scored the other that day. Gross (2) and Hemed, we must have dazzled West Brom with pace that day! (I guess I can say that now they're being marked!)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I talked myself out of the right answer and went for Tomer instead who scored the other that day. Gross (2) and Hemed, we must have dazzled West Brom with pace that day! (I guess I can say that now they're being marked!)
Ha unlucky! I've just rewatched the highlights and literally can't remember a single moment of that game. I was definitely there but there's a part of me that doesn't believe it actually happened.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I knew I'd got the bloody Pompey one wrong minutes after I sent it. Think I now know who the ref was too. Hopefully my opponents will be even more useless than me.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Did we have a goal disallowed before Pascal actually scored? If so who never scored it.

Careful, I'm still waiting for one set of answers.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Nope!

I was hoping Brighton Lines might give me a break after the OUTRAGEOUS decision which cost me a win in the previous quiz.

I see. There's a bit of previous going on. I haven't checked who you are playing, but if it's Estonia I'm sure you'll sail through against my barrage of uninspired guesses!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking at the questions again I think my results will be comparable to those Finland would have gotten in this summers tournament.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tables, results, next matches, along with first round answers to be published this morning (Friday)

In the meantime... Here are your questions for the next round. Same format. You have three matches to play.

Match 4
1 Who was Albion's last goalscorer in League One ?
2 Who finished third in Albion's promotion season of 2016/17 ?
3 Where are the finals of Euro 2024 being held ?
4 Who did the United 2026 bid beat to host the 2026 World Cup ?
5 Who won the first Premier League in 1992/93 ?

Match 5
1 Who won the 2019 FA Trophy ?
2 Who won League One in 2019 ?
3 How many different nations have contested the European Championship final ? (re-named nations count as one- answer allowance of +/- 1)
4 Which two home nations reached the 1958 World Cup quarter finals ?
5 What was the half time score in the 1966 World Cup final ?

Match 6
1 In which year did Brighton last experience relegation ?
2 In which year did Arsenal last win the league title ?
3 What nationality is Sadio Mane ?
4 In which year did Klopp take over Liverpool ?
5 Where were the 1992 European Championships held ?

Please try and return by Sunday evening to keep the tournament flowing.
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION]* [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]* [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=35]Timbo[/MENTION]* [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION]
Brighton Lines [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=20141]GloryDays[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION]* [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]*

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You fiend. Both for holding over the tables and results but also the questions.

I'm still waiting for one result to come in. Alas, cannot publish until I have that. Deadline midday tomorrow. If the team is withdrawn I'll have to mess around with that league.

P.S Gibraltar are above Spain at the moment..

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I'm still waiting for one result to come in. Alas, cannot publish until I have that. Deadline midday tomorrow. If the team is withdrawn I'll have to mess around with that league.

P.S Gibraltar are above Spain at the moment..

Or add someone new and replay the games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here