Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Main thing to remember is that you play individual matches. So a good match performance counts for nothing when you move onto the next one. Scores do not accumulate. That's the fun of it. The best player eventually won the last one, but when folk had a bad round it was a case of 'we go again'.

It's annoying that as soon as I sent my answers I wanted to change at least 3 of them!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Large variants in scores so far. Top score 12/15, lowest score is 2.

Can we just award the trophy to whoever scored 12 in that round and save us all some time? That's a ridiculous score.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm now panicking that I could be the person with 12. Having read the questions again I think I've got at least 9.

Do not fear me.

:stupid:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry mine were so late - ended up working this morning when I wasn’t expecting to.

Hope they were in time. Cheers.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can we just award the trophy to whoever scored 12 in that round and save us all some time? That's a ridiculous score.

Ah, but that is over these three matches. Counts for nothing as everyone starts from scratch in each game.

You don't give the title to a team because they won their first three matches 4-2 !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ah, but that is over these three matches. Counts for nothing as everyone starts from scratch in each game.

You don't give the title to a team because they won their first three matches 4-2 !
I won the league portion last time, and didn't even get a medal to show for it.

Not that I'm bitter at all, obviously. ;)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Just realised I've definitely got one, probably two, incorrect due to stupid errors. Can I resubmit my answers? :)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I won the league portion last time, and didn't even get a medal to show for it.

Not that I'm bitter at all, obviously. ;)

hqdefault.jpg

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As some enjoyed in the last tournament, there is a variable introduced in the last sixteen in a week or so's time.

It's called Mike Dean card.

On one set of questions you can play the card if you are finding them too difficult. Your opponent then has a goal disallowed. So if you, say, score 2 and your opponent scores the same you will win the match 2-1. Obviously no-one knows at what stage another is playing the card. It's not a proper tournament without the odd contended decision. As our [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] will tell you, some rumble on long after the thing is over...

31164.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm chomping at the bit to know whether I've scraped a point or not. Need to know whether to crack open the Ouzo and Stifado

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
When can we expect the first round results?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Our first PL goal scorer was still bothering me, I was down to a choice of two. Just googled it and wasn't in any way surprised to see I'd gone for the wrong one.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When can we expect the first round results?

Once [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION] answers their questions my number crunching machine gets to work.

*Actually it's just a task of tedium in which I transfer scores into the software.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well that ain't gonna work is it:facepalm:

Nope!

I was hoping Brighton Lines might give me a break after the OUTRAGEOUS decision which cost me a win in the previous quiz.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Our first PL goal scorer was still bothering me, I was down to a choice of two. Just googled it and wasn't in any way surprised to see I'd gone for the wrong one.
That was one of the ones I instinctively felt I knew the answer to, but I haven't looked to see whether my instinct was right or not.

EDIT: Apparently it was.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nope!

I was hoping Brighton Lines might give me a break after the OUTRAGEOUS decision which cost me a win in the previous quiz.

Happy to reverse that decision on appeal. Meet me at a motorway service station with the brown envelope. Would you like the extra 10 points you needed to make the play-offs ? :lolol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Happy to reverse that decision on appeal. Meet me at a motorway service station with the brown envelope. Would you like the extra 10 points you needed to make the play-offs ? :lolol:

My team suffered a severe dive in confidence, following the sheer injustice of that result, which meant they never recovered their early season form.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My team suffered a severe dive in confidence, following the sheer injustice of that result, which meant they never recovered their early season form.

You were LONG in DECLINE. All I saw on Sky Sports was your interviews bemoaning the OFFICIALS.

You must have a tolerant chairman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here