Apr 5, 2014

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My replies to the first set of questions if anyone for weird reasons would be curious:

Match 1
1 In which year did David Beckham retire from professional football ?

2 Who scored England's opening goal at the 2000 Euros ?

Alan Shearer? If you scored any at all...

3 Who was the English referee at the 2000 Euros ?

Probably Graham Poll, he was everywhere always.

4 Who beat Crawley Town in the 5th round of the FA Cup in 2011 ?

Liverpool?

5 How many non-league teams have reached the FA Cup quarter final since 1945 ?

7?

Match 2
1 In which decade did Brighton first reach the second division of the football league ?

1930s

2 Who were the last English team to win a European trophy before the 1980s ban kicked in ?

Liverpool

3 Who were the first English team to win a trophy once English teams were re-admitted ?

Probably Manchester United

4 Who scored Brighton's first Premier League goal in 2017 ?

Shane Duffy.. maybe

5 Who finished bottom of the first Premier League in 1992/93 ?

Nottingham Forest

Match 3
1 Who has scored the most goals in the Premier League (35) for Crystal Palace ?

Andy Johnson perhaps... though didnt they get relegated that weird season? Well I go with Andy Johnson.

2 In which year did Portsmouth last win the FA Cup ?

2008, when 53 year old Kanu was God.

3 In 2015 Whitehawk were beaten in the FA Cup second round missing out on a trip to which EPL team ?

Im guessing it was Crystal Palace, since it would probably have been forgotten otherwise.

4 In which year did Bobby Robson leave the England managerial post ?

My brain says he failed to take you to World Cup 1994 and got sacked... but I also know he was in PSV around that time. Well, feck it - 1993.

5 Who scored the winning penalty when Brighton knocked Manchester City out of the League Cup in 2008 ?

Was thinking Glenn or Zamora, but that would be too easy... Richard Carpenter?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Kosovo and Faroe Islands, who both failed to beat the bye, being very quiet so far!

(It's a shame the byes aren't given country names, you could choose real minnows- San Marino, Andorra, Leichtenstein)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Kosovo and Faroe Islands, who both failed to beat the bye, being very quiet so far!

(It's a shame the byes aren't given country names, you could choose real minnows- San Marino, Andorra, Leichtenstein)

Done

Armenia, Kazakhstan, Switzerland, Belarus and Liechtenstein have joined the fray with their impotent strike forces.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Do we know the fixtures for the next three matches?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Delighted with 9 points, wasn’t that confident with my answers and a couple of real punts came off.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fixtures-

FixG1.JPG FixG2.JPG

FixG3.JPG FixG4.JPG

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

:lol:

Bye is a tough place to go. Never an easy game against BYE.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

Its all a bit of fun but I am seriously out of my depth here. The upcoming round looks no easier!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Its all a bit of fun but I am seriously out of my depth here. The upcoming round looks no easier!

I actually expected the scores to be a lot lower. Had a few lucky guesses in the last round.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Little Estonia are thrilled. In keeping with their size, they only scored 3 goals yet still managed to muster 4 points without even playing a bye. Bobby Z has been coaching them for a couple of days to help increase their goal power, particularly against the mighty bye when one goal could make all the difference:D

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Little Estonia are thrilled. In keeping with their size, they only scored 3 goals yet still managed to muster 4 points without even playing a bye. Bobby Z has been coaching them for a couple of days to help increase their goal power, particularly against the mighty bye when one goal could make all the difference:D

I like that.

Although the 'byes' now have country names, their usernames have all been changed to 'The Mighty BYE'.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here