Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has disappeared up it's own arse...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When you start reading or hearing other club's fans regularly saying things like "always thought Brighton were a decent bunch but......" it's time to start worrying in my opinion.

Why ? I couldn't give a toss what other clubs fans think of us just as long as we're not seen as violent thugs. If Stoke, Norwich et al don't like what's being posted that's THEIR problem not ours. As someone else posted - you carry on worrying, the rest of us will continue to enjoy posting our opinions whether rival fans like them or not.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blah blah f***ing BLAH. It IS a shit draw. Whichever way you cut it. Pubs blah, blah, supporters blah blah, seasons in top flight blah, blah. Rubbish. Its still a shit draw. f***ing Stoke.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Blah blah f***ing BLAH. It IS a shit draw. Whichever way you cut it. Pubs blah, blah, supporters blah blah, seasons in top flight blah, blah. Rubbish. Its still a shit draw. f***ing Stoke.
MUCH better than Man Utd away, frankly. Anyone who wants to go will be able to go, and we can win there.

OT is for day trippers, probably perfect for noddy little clubs like Crawley. Their 10,000 followers will be made up of 1,500 regulars and their local armchair Spurs and Chelsea fans (especially the Spurs ones, as their own club won't be on the telly that weekend. :thumbsup:)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Who said anything about Man Utd? That would also have been tedious but for different reasons. f***ing Stoke.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
...and is giving Brighton fans in general a very bad image. A lot of the stuff on here about Norwich and now Stoke has made me f***ing cringe. We've got a fantastic new stadium and are palying decent football that will hopefully get us promoted from the third division but for f***'s sake we've done precisely NOTHING yet to strut around thinking we're somehow superior to clubs like Norwich or Stoke. Get a f***ing grip or risk us losing the mainly decent image we've built up over the years with other clubs and their fans.

Your right it is a bit embarrassing and it is not a true reflection on Brighton supporters. It makes us look bloody ignorant and that's not what Brighton is about. We need to shut the hell up. Lets prove ourselfs like we did in the 80s and get some respect again. We are not bigger then Norwich or Stoke, but I admit I did bit back as their supporters because it annoyed me.

A few years back I was invited to MK Dons for a day out. I was given the whole corporate day out thing by a work colleague. Basically I went with another Brighton supporter and we had our noses well and truly rubbed in it. We where taken the piss out of all day. Our club, our stadium. At one point I nearly walked because the banter was out of order. Ignorance of highest order. On top of this while MK Dons where having their great patch under Ince and we where getting well and truly stuffed week in week out, all we got on email and text was constant piss taking.

Now the tables have well and truly turned. New stadium, New training facilities, Gus as manager, top of the league, but we will not take the piss back. Why because we don't need to do that. We are not the ones with egg on our faces. So that's why we should shut up and show some respect, otherwise it will come back and bit us on the arse. Surprisingly the piss taking has now stopped.

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Your right it is a bit embarrassing and it is not a true reflection on Brighton supporters. It makes us look bloody ignorant and that's not what Brighton is about. We need to shut the hell up. Lets prove ourselfs like we did in the 80s and get some respect again. We are not bigger then Norwich or Stoke, but I admit I did bit back as their supporters because it annoyed me.

A few years back I was invited to MK Dons for a day out. I was given the whole corporate day out thing by a work colleague. Basically I went with another Brighton supporter and we had our noses well and truly rubbed in it. We where taken the piss out of all day. Our club, our stadium. At one point I nearly walked because the banter was out of order. Ignorance of highest order. On top of this while MK Dons where having their great patch under Ince and we where getting well and truly stuffed week in week out, all we got on email and text was constant piss taking.

Now the tables have well and truly turned. New stadium, New training facilities, Gus as manager, top of the league, but we will not take the piss back. Why because we don't need to do that. We are not the ones with egg on our faces. So that's why we should shut up and show some respect, otherwise it will come back and bit us on the arse. Surprisingly the piss taking has now stopped.

Completely agree with this. We do no need to brag. We just need to be quietly smug whilst we sit in our fabulous new home. (whatever league we're in)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What a load of sanctimonious bollocks this thread is.

Stoke fans might get a bit upset because we rightly describe the area as the biggest toilet in Britain. Big deal.

This is OUR message board to moan about inbred, 6 fingered, tractor drivers poaching our players or getting the shittest of shit FA Cup draws to the armpit of Britain to get kicked up in the air by Pulis’s hoofball merchants. If other fans don’t like it, they can piss off back to Ohlookatuswesingtomjones.com or ivetakendeliahupthehoop.net

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Nah, football's all about bragging rights; local or national. Lord it to the max whilst you can I say! Because in footballl, you know there's always an omlette just around the corner unless you're Man Utd.
I'll be travelling with Stoke fan and telling him just what a dump his town is based on no personal experience whatsoever. Just as he's never been chatted up in Brighton by a bloke but is obviously concerned I'll make a move on him in the car!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well I think its a rubbish draw, I hate Stoke (after getting spat on from the seats above the away end a number of years ago at the Victoria Ground), I was hoping for Orient, Crawley or Sheff Wed, to give a huge chance to make the last 8 in the FA Cup.

At the end of the day the history books will show what round we made not how much money we got or who knocked us out.

Indeed.

It is a rubbish draw as it will not rake in the pounds and we are likely to lose.

But that's drinking from the half empty glass. How about this. It's a premiership club at least with a passionate fanbase so should make a good day out.
We have a chance of causing an upset here and into the quarter finals. Where we could get a fantastic draw. Seeing as we struggled through the
first two rounds I'm really happy. Although not as happy as Crawley fans! Let's celebrate getting to the fifth round instead of getting on a downer over
who we've drawn.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What a load of sanctimonious bollocks this thread is.

Stoke fans might get a bit upset because we rightly describe the area as the biggest toilet in Britain. Big deal.

This is OUR message board to moan about inbred, 6 fingered, tractor drivers poaching our players or getting the shittest of shit FA Cup draws to the armpit of Britain to get kicked up in the air by Pulis’s hoofball merchants. If other fans don’t like it, they can piss off back to Ohlookatuswesingtomjones.com or ivetakendeliahupthehoop.net

Nice use of the word "hoop" :laugh:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Why ? I couldn't give a toss what other clubs fans think of us just as long as we're not seen as violent thugs. If Stoke, Norwich et al don't like what's being posted that's THEIR problem not ours. As someone else posted - you carry on worrying, the rest of us will continue to enjoy posting our opinions whether rival fans like them or not.

So you now speak for every other BHA fan too? Without counting posts on this thread I'd say those who agree with me to some extent make up over 50%. Some people care about our image, some don't, that much is obvious. I'm not being sanctimonious, as someone else suggested, and trying to say you can't post opinions, that would be hypocritical in the extreme considering my initial rant. I was just getting something off my chest and I'm glad I did because I feel better now and my blood pressure has returned to something like normal.

And to the other poster who said anyone who judges a club by it's messageboard is a fool, well yes you're right in that they shouldn't, and it certainly doesn't define us in our entirety, but NSC is part of our public image and as such we are all partly responsible for how we're perceived. Again, if that doesn't bother you, or you want us to be seen as a bunch of arrogant snobs with very short memories then that's up to you.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
fair enough HJ but if the thought of trying to control the quality on here is worrying you that much, I think you need to log out - absolute lost cause :lol:

Seriously, the beauty of NSC and what attracts people who are nothing to do with the Albion is its eclectic nature and right and wrong, genius alongside dross, long may it continue

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Seriously, the beauty of NSC and what attracts people who are nothing to do with the Albion is its eclectic nature and right and wrong, genius alongside dross, long may it continue

Agree 100%, but as in the case of a year or so back when NSC was starting to have more than it's fair share of Neo Nazis posting shit every five minutes I think the number of posters who seem to think we are bigger and better than we are has increased to, dare I say it, 'worrying' proportions. Don't get me wrong, I don't lose sleep over it and the blood pressure comment was said with tongue firmly implanted in cheek. If I have given the impression I'm being sanctimonious or overly critical then I apologise. I won't feel bad for giving a shit in the first place though.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Indeed.

It is a rubbish draw as it will not rake in the pounds and we are likely to lose.

Yeah, hardly worth entering if we are not going to be guaranteed a ' big club' at this stage. Don't the F.A. know who we are?

God some people on here really do need a reality check. Does anyone think Stoke are particuarly pleased with the draw?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yeah, hardly worth entering if we are not going to be guaranteed a ' big club' at this stage. Don't the F.A. know who we are?

God some people on here really do need a reality check. Does anyone think Stoke are particuarly pleased with the draw?

Christ. What is difficult to understand? I was voicing my disappointment. I am delighted that we are progressing so well in the FA Cup, but that doesn't detract from Stoke away being one of the worst possible draws, in my humble opinion.

We are nailed on to lose, I would have thought, considering we have lost the last seven games against them and they are a decent Premier League side. If we are going to bow out at this stage of the cup then a windfall would be preferable to plug the financial black hole. Then there were much easier potential ties, giving us a much greater chance of making the quarter-finals and raking in some more money. I can't imagine the TV companies will be falling over themselves to put us on the box. Hell, we got about 14 seconds on ITV highlights.

My viewpoint is not intending to disrespect Stoke. I am sure the Potters are delighted with the draw. They have got one of the lowest ranked teams, left in the cup, at home and stand a very real chance of making the next round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here