Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has disappeared up it's own arse...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What makes the Stoke draw more frustrating is that local Johnny-come-lately club Crawley bagged the plum tie we wanted.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Whilst I agree generally that we're getting a little too big for our boots at times, the reaction to the Stoke draw is simply one of disappointment. Most Stoke fans would no doubt agree that they are not the most attractive draw. As for Norwich, they are really good, very well supported club, but if one of your star players is leaving, you'd rather he went to a club which is clearly a big step up.

Spot on!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What makes the Stoke draw more frustrating is that local Johnny-come-lately club Crawley bagged the plum tie we wanted.
Again,what right do we have to moan ? We are a third tier football club who for the first time in years are in the 5th round of the worlds best domestic cup competition. We are playing a premier team away, which out of all the prem teams left, is Winnable! We are not likely to beat chelsea, man utd or arsenal away, but to stoke at are a real banana skin. I guess we will be all moaning again once we beat stoke and draw wigan away in the QUARTER f***ing final!:O

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Whilst I agree generally that we're getting a little too big for our boots at times, the reaction to the Stoke draw is simply one of disappointment. Most Stoke fans would no doubt agree that they are not the most attractive draw..

Really? http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=148771&page=1

You know what? I don't blame them either, some of the shit posted on that thread was a joke. We are playing one of the best teams in England but our fans are sulking. Some people on here need to get a f*cking grip, we are an average sized third division club with a bright future.

Jake Caskey has a bright future, doesn't mean he can complain that Dicker earns more than him. :shrug:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
poor draw against a good side but with a reputation for being attritional rather than one renowned for playing attractiive football which is why it is disappointing - we are likely to be muscled and fought out of the cup very much in the shadow of the glamour ties rather than going out in a blaze of glory. That said, Stoke are quite capable of going all the way

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A city with a population smaller than our own who have regularly averaged 25k a season since the war and who finished 5th in the league during the seventies qualifying for Europe twice (they won the league cup when it mattered a bit as well) before narrowly going out to the great Ajax side. I`ve always had a lot of respect for them and there are some great places to stop for a pint on the river if you are driving up there. Go a few miles further and you`ll be able to have a butchers of the Peak District.
Actually I might even make a weekend of it.

Get a grip you miserable fuckers.

and I`d rather share a pint with a few Stokies than the pig ignorant Spurs and WHU fans we`ve had to endure in recent cup runs.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
poor draw against a good side but with a reputation for being attritional rather than one renowned for playing attractiive football which is why it is disappointing - we are likely to be muscled and fought out of the cup very much in the shadow of the glamour ties rather than going out in a blaze of glory. That said, Stoke are quite capable of going all the way

So there you have it, best not bother then :wanker:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
...followed by an imperative.

I'm not going to apologise for the rant, I very rarely have them. I care about our image and although I'm not naive enough to think we're the only set of fans/messageboard to have this sort of stuff lately it has got seriously OTT. When you start reading or hearing other club's fans regularly saying things like "always thought Brighton were a decent bunch but......" it's time to start worrying in my opinion.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Some of the arrogance is amazing, we are a third tier club playing a top tier club. Not the best draw possible but don't imagine they are happy with it either we are not exactly a big draw and going to fill their ground are we

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Some of the arrogance is amazing, we are a third tier club playing a top tier club. Not the best draw possible but don't imagine they are happy with it either we are not exactly a big draw and going to fill their ground are we

I wonder if it is the younger contingent though and we shouldn't be too worried about keyboard warriers? Those on t'internet who are young and full of bravado, surely our older fan base are slightly more realistic given the years of pain the club has been through....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

1. I think they WILL sell out. We'll take our full away contingent, they'll believe this is their season and turn up expecting to win.

And describing us as a third tier club is misleading because that relates to the league but this is the cup. Watford are a 'second tier' club but we beat them well.

The bottom line is Stoke will start as big favourites, and rightly so, but they'll know it won't be easy because Poyet has built a side now used to winning, especially on the road.

I'm not going to apologise for the rant, I very rarely have them. I care about our image and although I'm not naive enough to think we're the only set of fans/messageboard to have this sort of stuff lately it has got seriously OTT. When you start reading or hearing other club's fans regularly saying things like "always thought Brighton were a decent bunch but......" it's time to start worrying in my opinion.

You are more than welcome to do my share of the worrying and no doubt thousands of other Brighton fans.

Well the pub beckons me so do enjoy your worrying g/night.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
If fans of other clubs-or even our own fans-rate or respect any club depending upon their percieved views of wankers on internet message boards rather that from first hand or second hand experiences they are truely fools.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
Those who are getting a bit up themselves might wish to remember that Milton Keynes, Huddersfield and to a slightly lesser extent Plymouth Argyle have similar size grounds and catchment areas (to Falmer). In fact the championship is full of such clubs. Once we go up, we find our level. My fear is that after two or three seasons at Falmer in Championship football crowds will drop. It has been the experience of other clubs. Brighton are not a small club, but neither have we ever been a sleeping giant. History places us in the Third Division-I feel the future will be kinder. For a while we have been a small club with potential-soon we will become more than that... but also one amongst many....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here