Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has disappeared up it's own arse...

Those who are getting a bit up themselves might wish to remember that Milton Keynes, Huddersfield and to a slightly lesser extent Plymouth Argyle have similar size grounds and catchment areas (to Falmer). In fact the championship is full of such clubs. Once we go up, we find our level. My fear is that after two or three seasons at Falmer in Championship football crowds will drop. It has been the experience of other clubs. Brighton are not a small club, but neither have we ever been a sleeping giant. History places us in the Third Division-I feel the future will be kinder. For a while we have been a small club with potential-soon we will become more than that... but also one amongst many....

I have no idea what you are talking about but it's absolute nonsense with regard to catchment area for Huddersfield. They compete within 20 miles with over a dozen well-established clubs. MK Dons is a manufactured abomination that has no natural fanbase and in fact your "to a lesser degree" Plymouth is about the nearest comparison I can think of but they are dangerously close to going out of business.

Coupled with the fact that you're the NSC Chicken Licken going around telling everyone the sky's going to fall on our heads, I think your comments are irrelevant. Go back to counting seats.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
I have no idea what you are talking about but it's absolute nonsense with regard to catchment area for Huddersfield. They compete within 20 miles with over a dozen well-established clubs. MK Dons is a manufactured abomination that has no natural fanbase and in fact your "to a lesser degree" Plymouth is about the nearest comparison I can think of but they are dangerously close to going out of business.

Coupled with the fact that you're the NSC Chicken Licken going around telling everyone the sky's going to fall on our heads, I think your comments are irrelevant. Go back to counting seats.

Rather than counting seats I thought I'd take a look at some of your previous posts. I'm not sure what a 'Chicken Licken' is, but I'll assume it is a kind of insult. If so, it is in keeping with many of your previous posts. So I do not consider it personal. The good thing about the internet, and it's many forums, is that it gives a voice to the frustrated, bitter and angry man (or woman). If it makes you feel any better please continue to issue personal insults. I could even give you a number to text...... I'll go back to counting seats.. 19,500 at Plymouth (13.4% less than Falmer?)

Apologies. I saw Foster and misread it as the poster Steve Foster. My point still stands though. Huddersfield, MK Dons and Plymouth are currently not comparable in the slightest and I still haven't the foggiest what point you are making.

Chicken Licken is an old children's tale. A chick that went around telling everyone the sky was going to fall. Walt Disney made it into a cartoon film 5 years ago. If you think that's personal abuse then you might want to consider the catchment area of brightonfans.com or maybe mumsnet.

You'll give me a number to text? Are you for real?

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
...and is giving Brighton fans in general a very bad image. A lot of the stuff on here about Norwich and now Stoke has made me f***ing cringe. We've got a fantastic new stadium and are palying decent football that will hopefully get us promoted from the third division but for f***'s sake we've done precisely NOTHING yet to strut around thinking we're somehow superior to clubs like Norwich or Stoke. Get a f***ing grip or risk us losing the mainly decent image we've built up over the years with other clubs and their fans.

Top post - some of the stuff on the Stoke thread was plain embarrassing.

Agreed

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I thought there was a bit of a love in with the Stoke fans after they said nice things about the ground and the club.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Those who are getting a bit up themselves might wish to remember that Milton Keynes, Huddersfield and to a slightly lesser extent Plymouth Argyle have similar size grounds and catchment areas (to Falmer). In fact the championship is full of such clubs. Once we go up, we find our level. My fear is that after two or three seasons at Falmer in Championship football crowds will drop. It has been the experience of other clubs. Brighton are not a small club, but neither have we ever been a sleeping giant. History places us in the Third Division-I feel the future will be kinder. For a while we have been a small club with potential-soon we will become more than that... but also one amongst many....

So all these three clubs have nearly a one million catchment area then?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
...and is giving Brighton fans in general a very bad image. A lot of the stuff on here about Norwich and now Stoke has made me f***ing cringe. We've got a fantastic new stadium and are palying decent football that will hopefully get us promoted from the third division but for f***'s sake we've done precisely NOTHING yet to strut around thinking we're somehow superior to clubs like Norwich or Stoke. Get a f***ing grip or risk us losing the mainly decent image we've built up over the years with other clubs and their fans.

But what about all the top flight trophies we've won? Oops none, you're so right people claim Brighton as their second club due to our plight and the support we've shown other clubs ... Please don't let us become up our own arse and forget all those people from "big", "wealthy" or "successful" clubs who stood as equals with us.

Seriously guys accept we've gone over the top and get back to how we were, decent people.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If fans of other clubs-or even our own fans-rate or respect any club depending upon their percieved views of wankers on internet message boards rather that from first hand or second hand experiences they are truely fools.

could not have put it better :)

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
So all these three clubs have nearly a one million catchment area then?

The population of Plymouth is close to that of Brighton & Hove. The population of Kirklees (Close Huddersfield area) would be significantly higher. Milton Keynes, possibly not such a good comparison, would be about 50,000 less.
Plymouth has the catchment area of a largely rural county with seaside resorts too. Brighton has London effectively (with a cheap day return) on it's door step.
Falmer has a 22,500 capacity (I think). It's a great step forward. But my point is that we join a host of other similar teams. But remember, massive catchment area or not, the ground has a 22,500 capacity.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The population of Plymouth is close to that of Brighton & Hove. The population of Kirklees (Close Huddersfield area) would be significantly higher. Milton Keynes, possibly not such a good comparison, would be about 50,000 less.
Plymouth has the catchment area of a largely rural county with seaside resorts too. Brighton has London effectively (with a cheap day return) on it's door step.
Falmer has a 22,500 capacity (I think). It's a great step forward. But my point is that we join a host of other similar teams. But remember, massive catchment area or not, the ground has a 22,500 capacity.

The Brighton-Worthing-Littlehampton conurbation has a population of about half a million, within this area we are the closest league team. This area doesn't include mid Sussex and all places east from Peacehaven to Hastings. Still the closest league team. If you include half Pompey and half Palace places like Bognor, Chicester, Crawley and East Grinstead then you aren't far away from a million. It depends on your definition of catchment area I suppose.

duggy1106

Banned
Nov 20, 2010
I think people just have too much time on their hands
I'm a student looking at this who has a few hours free now and makes for great first time reading

start rumours people! haha

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't understand what the fuss is about, I think its a good bit of banter. It is a rubbish draw and I prefer this kind of attitude to the Aston Villa love in, that I found totally embarrassing. Its a bit of a laugh and we will be the biggest club in the world in 3 and a half years - FACT

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Lot of common sense there, well said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here