Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has been a great source of info & chat for many years but has now lost all...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I bet there are one or two drippy twats who send about 50 "reports" every month. Am I right?

That's classified, but there are fewer reports than perhaps people might think.

The ones that get me are the 'WE don't want NSC ending up like......'.

The great thing (I think) about this board is it's diversity. Even the racists (and I think you know who I am referring to) toe the line.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's classified, but there are fewer reports than perhaps people might think.

The ones that get me are the 'WE don't want NSC ending up like......'.

The great thing (I think) about this board is it's diversity. Even the racists (and I think you know who I am referring to) toe the line.
It should be quite simple when you get one of those. Just ask yourself what Diana would think, and act accordingly. :thumbsup:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Nice tactics boys, Belittle the new boys so they disappear then carry on an old boy love in :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 18477

was ankeran dogshite when he kept out that goal bound effort in the first half by clawing it away? just asking like

Like I said, people can have and will have whatever opinion they like. So calm yourself down dear.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
What DOES f*** us off at mod towers is when people report a post and demand a ban for the poster involved.

It's the equivalent of running to a referee and brandishing an imaginary red card, which we always decry when we see it at matches.

Now thats odd though, you say we need to report the stuff that we don't like and you'll take a look, but then you get f***ed off when we do and just so happen to request a ban?

Personally I've never viewed the report post feature as being used to report something I think has gone on too long or some neanderthal from up the road had harped on about something 57.2 times, I see it more as a tool to report the really bad stuff. But if you're saying you want us to use it more - then put it in a sticky and let us know.

And sorry Hitony I did think your post there with the stats came over rather patronising even if you subsequently said you were agreeing with him....just my opinion like...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Now thats odd though, you say we need to report the stuff that we don't like and you'll take a look, but then you get f***ed off when we do and just so happen to request a ban?

I think El meant that people report the post, and are also then demanding the punishment they choose. i.e. "this person insulted me, ban him" when what they want is "this person insulted me" they then take a look and see what punishment they think is appropriate.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I agree, however there are a lot of reasonable fans on here too! I guess the good thing is nsc is now becoming more widespread opinion based forum instead of a clique for a select few.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think El meant that people report the post, and are also then demanding the punishment they choose. i.e. "this person insulted me, ban him" when what they want is "this person insulted me" they then take a look and see what punishment they think is appropriate.

Yep - I see your point - although on reflection if a great deal of people are calling for some fans of other clubs to be banned then how should they do this?

Say we're in a general consensus we need to limit the amount of opposition fans who come on here simply as a wind up, and add nothing except vitriol and often homophobic drivel, shouldn't we express that to the mods by requesting it? Or is there another, possibly better way I can't think of...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yep - I see your point - although on reflection if a great deal of people are calling for some fans of other clubs to be banned then how should they do this?

Say we're in a general consensus we need to limit the amount of opposition fans who come on here simply as a wind up, and add nothing except vitriol and often homophobic drivel, shouldn't we express that to the mods by requesting it? Or is there another, possibly better way I can't think of...

Isn't that more of a general policy discussion (which in part is happening in this thread, and in this other one: part in Should piss-taking opposing supporters be banned from the Big Board ) and so isn't something that can be appropriately discussed in individual post reports? I would imagine if they find that lots of people are reporting the same type of threads, it should lead to a consensus view. Or am I misunderstanding?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
NSC remains a positive force for we exiles whom may want to read a wee slice of rumour and news. In general terms, however, the rot set in many years ago, this was and is very sad. One or two (ahem) young people, stunningly cunning @ (wow man!) being mediocre idiots and those impudent enough to believe they actually matter, seemingly clamour for the kind of celebrity status that alas this olde dreamer doth not comprehend.

A man once said... "Never have I seen so many words wasted so badly..."

A thus I sum up my case.

Kosh

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Isn't that more of a general policy discussion (which in part is happening in this thread, and in this other one: part in Should piss-taking opposing supporters be banned from the Big Board ) and so isn't something that can be appropriately discussed in individual post reports? I would imagine if they find that lots of people are reporting the same type of threads, it should lead to a consensus view. Or am I misunderstanding?

Yes - just read through the other thread as it happens....I still tend to skim ove the stickies these days for whatever reason...odd that they are "stickies" yet I tend to ignore them....anyhow - yes I understand and I agree with you, it should be a consensus view. I was just wondering if the stats on how many times someone has had a report posted or has been requested that they are banned might form part of that creation of a consensus if you see what I mean?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

NSC is/was a small proportion of our fanbase opinion and those who dare spoke out against those NSC regulars were shit down in flames. With our " new" fans joining the NSC community the opinion on all topics is far more widespread and pretty much a more true opinion of an albion fan instead of the sometimes blinkered view of those of the pre Falmer NSC ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC is/was a small proportion of our fanbase opinion and those who dare spoke out against those NSC regulars were shit down in flames. With our " new" fans joining the NSC community the opinion on all topics is far more widespread and pretty much a more true opinion of an albion fan instead of the sometimes blinkered view of those of the pre Falmer NSC ?

I'm glad you put a question mark on the end of that, as I can answer:

No.

NSC has got busier but not by the same magnitude as moving from an average crowd of 7,000 - 20,000. Thus, NSC was more representative of Albion fans in seasons gone by than it is today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here