Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has been a great source of info & chat for many years but has now lost all...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
[MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] with all due respect to your all due respect I would say that those infrequent GOONS who *start* a shitstirring wind up thread would not then re-post with a "what happened to my thread"

All it means is the mods need to be on top of it. Lock, lock again (if needs be) then ban.

Easy.

I do agree that its harder to locate those posts within - what appears at face value - a sensible thread unless someone uses the report function. But a clear as day wind up thread/title just lock the f***ing thing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's not really chatting if your not posting, it's erm just reading! why don't you just stick to reading the Daily Mail?

Where did he mention 'chatting'? You are the typical 'jump on the back of the OP' we are discussing... not really with the game.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
[MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] with all due respect to your all due respect I would say that those infrequent GOONS who *start* a shitstirring wind up thread would not then re-post with a "what happened to my thread"

All it means is the mods need to be on top of it. Lock, lock again (if needs be) then ban.

Easy.

I do agree that its harder to locate those posts within - what appears at face value - a sensible thread unless someone uses the report function. But a clear as day wind up thread/title just lock the f***ing thing.

It is NOTHING to do with being 'on top of it'. It is to do with behaving like grown-ups.

I guess if you can't behave like grown-ups then you should all have your toys taken away and be sent to the naughty step.

A bit pathetic, IMHO, like. :nono:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Easy.

In all honesty it is very much a no win situation in many cases, if we start banning like mad it creates a volitile situation if we don't we get critisised, my personal policy (and I have been doing it for many years now) is to try not to ban when it's not necessary, I do ofton send a PM politly warning people, which for me works well, nearly in every case I get a PM back where the person concerned has apologised, I have started using the infraction button a lot more.

I still maintain that we all do well considering the amount of traffic NSC gets these days and not forgetting the amazing amount of threads that are started, anyway the boss has started a poll, will be interesting to see the outcome, I will say I voted to keep away supporters on the main board (shame he never left the who voted for what open) you will never stop the idiots close season proves that, and as someone else said, there are many good guys out there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It is NOTHING to do with being 'on top of it'. It is to do with behaving like grown-ups.

I guess if you can't behave like grown-ups then you should all have your toys taken away and be sent to the naughty step.

A bit pathetic, IMHO, like. :nono:

Pathetic maybe but entirely reasonable. Toe the line thats all. FIFO.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
At times NSC can be hijacked by one group who seem to chat about one topic all the time. In 'my day' things could get a little political, in the school holidays it can get a bit juvenile and at the moment there seems to be a lot of threads about how bad we are or new songs (that never actually get sung in a football ground, but I digress).

A lot could be improved by people looking before starting a new thread (I don't mean tucked away on page 17, actually on the front page).

Mods have a role to play, but the quality of the posting is up to us.

Having said all this, a couple of wins would cheer the place up as well.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
At times NSC can be hijacked by one group who seem to chat about one topic all the time. In 'my day' things could get a little political, in the school holidays it can get a bit juvenile and at the moment there seems to be a lot of threads about how bad we are or new songs (that never actually get sung in a football ground, but I digress).

A lot could be improved by people looking before starting a new thread (I don't mean tucked away on page 17, actually on the front page).

Mods have a role to play, but the quality of the posting is up to us.

Having said all this, a couple of wins would cheer the place up as well.

Ok I will reveal myself here for those that use it, I own Nomad-Forum. It is a Sussex County Football based forum. Every now and again we get users there purely to spoil it. They last about 2 or 3 weeks but obviously do their job. They basically do hijack the forum, but I ban them and lock/delete their threads, or one of the moderators do. It is smaller as I keep saying, so easier to housekeep, but I don't give an inch to it. The regs and new users know where they stand.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Ok I will reveal myself here for those that use it, I own Nomad-Forum. It is a Sussex County Football based forum. Every now and again we get users there purely to spoil it. They last about 2 or 3 weeks but obviously do their job. They basically do hijack the forum, but I ban them and lock/delete their threads, or one of the moderators do. It is smaller as I keep saying, so easier to housekeep, but I don't give an inch to it. The regs and new users know where they stand.
cool_story_bro1-9cdd19c435.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

This.

Answer is maybe MORE mods and a zero tolerance policy, at least to start with.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Certainly is.