Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has been a great source of info & chat for many years but has now lost all...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And when exactly are the mods supposed to do their day jobs if they are Nazi inspecting every thread in case it has been hijacked?

We were appointed mods (I think) because we are fortunate enough to be able to access NSC at work through having sympathetic employers who turn a blind eye provided it doesn't affect our work, and also because we enjoy posting ourselves.

Neither of the above would be possible if things turned more draconian.

As said before you can quite easily see a deliberate wind up thread title. Treat it as spam and get rid and the poster while you are at it. If its hard to "cope" appoint more mods.

The posts tucked away on a reasonable thread are more difficult granted and this is where the report function comes in.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I own an Albion forum (in the loosest use of the word), it's shite!

My county football one is ok, very ok... I just don't like people like hitony belittling it. It is done for the best intentions of non league footy and has been about for over a decade. I commended hitony on getting a job, but his belittling makes me think he's an arse really.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As said before you can quite easily see a deliberate wind up thread title. Treat it as spam and get rid and the poster while you are at it. If its hard to "cope" appoint more mods.

The posts tucked away on a reasonable thread are more difficult granted and this is where the report function comes in.

We have more mods. As Titanic said, no reported posts are ignored. We have had 11 reported posts in the last week out of 20,000 made.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A factor for sure. They get the full run on here and dominate the board with mostly garbage , people react and things cease to become a discussion. Then knowing these fans from other clubs are lurking some people tweak their posts on totally seperate subjects to have sly digs at them or to simply try and level where they have been abused in other threads.

Palace lot need moderating much tighter in my opinion and knock on effect should be a better board. An away fans sub forum like on BBS should def be looked at again. Against dividing up the board to much but 2 or 3 catogeries should improve the quality. Only 50% would prob agree again as no one likes change but Im bloody sure this would be the answer.

Time to evolve IMO

I totally agree - since late last season sometimes I come on here and could be forgiven for thinking I was on the Soton or Palace boards and all it does is to encourage stupidity and bile from all parties - any quality in the discussion is lost and our own fans' contributions degenerate to the recent plethora of less than inspiring threads promoting pitch invasions and a return to the mindless thuggery of the 70's.

It's no matter to anyone but certainly I come on here less and less - if the top post is palace or saints, as is increasingly the case, I just switch off again

It'll settle down again for sure - I just hope it's sooner rsather than later

As for the general air of negativity it's unsurprising in the circumstances and after such a good start but, returning to my original theme, having the board dominated by opposing fans hardly helps matters.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What DOES f*** us off at mod towers is when people report a post and demand a ban for the poster involved.

It's the equivalent of running to a referee and brandishing an imaginary red card, which we always decry when we see it at matches.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What DOES f*** us off at mod towers is when people report a post and demand a ban for the poster involved.

It's the equivalent of running to a referee and brandishing an imaginary red card, which we always decry when we see it at matches.

So what if they demand a ban? it is you that make the decision. I think you are over the top my friend.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
And you felt the need to quote stats? Idiot.

Own your own forum before you belittle other people.

I really don't think "name calling" is necessary, you stated you owned a message board, you even said which one, it prompted me and I don't doubt quite a few others to look, and I agreed with your comment, hardly think calling me an "Idiot" is fair.

Oct 17, 2011
I really don't think "name calling" is necessary, you stated you owned a message board, you even said which one, it prompted me and I don't doubt quite a few others to look, and I agreed with your comment, hardly think calling me an "Idiot" is fair.

It might be the fact it read as being very sarcastic?

Unintentional im sure, but it did read sarcy.

We should be pulling in the same direction, the divisions I have noticed is very apparent between different people.

Shame really.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
who gives a shit! it's only an internet forum. people can have whatever opinion they like!

harley and ankergren are dogshit!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. bring back the reputation tool. that was fun!

was ankeran dogshite when he kept out that goal bound effort in the first half by clawing it away? just asking like

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I did that an hour ago. :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It might be the fact it read as being very sarcastic?

Unintentional im sure, but it did read sarcy.

We should be pulling in the same direction, the divisions I have noticed is very apparent between different people.

Shame really.

As far as the Albion is concerned Frank, I am sure we all do pull together, but you have to remember it is a Messageboard and as such people will have differing opinions which in turn will spark of times of disagreement / argument, I actually do appreciate the opinions of others, without those opinions there would be no NSC i suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here