Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has been a great source of info & chat for many years but has now lost all...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We are not saying that.

What we are saying is that complete GOONS who start a thread full of shite on a deliberate wind up should be stopped.

There are many fans from oher clubs who are sensible posters, Croydonbloke, Sir Nigel, Laughing Bluebird, Redneb (most of the time), Little Al, Mickey Pearce Hat, Bushy etc

those guys have been around for a while and are pretty well accepted , the new arrivals are mostly just shite and also some are posting as Albion fans and stirring it up with-in the ranks.......not good. there are three or four utter bell-ends on here at the moment.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
those guys have been around for a while and are pretty well accepted , the new arrivals are mostly just shite and also some are posting as Albion fans and stirring it up with-in the ranks.......not good. there are three or four utter bell-ends on here at the moment.

And the only way to deal with that is delete/lock thread and if its persistent then BAN them. Its really not rocket science.

Sep 1, 2011
I think we should have other.clubs posting on here. For me its 3 recent posters that have destroyed this.place for me.

I argue with users people don't like me and i esp argue with Londonblue. But i find 3 users a major headache and mainly since a infamous user was banned.

I don't expect to be here much longer as i won't be taking of my ad blocker, even though i usually use tapatalk to use the site, but bozza has said ad block users well be getting blocked from the site so il be off i guess when that happens.

which 3 users are they?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As ever, it's far easier to moan about an issue than actively engage in trying to resolve it.

I wonder how many times [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] have used the 'report post' function to highlight some of these outrageous incidents that have so enraged them. Without checking I know it will be very, very low if indeed either have filed a single report.

And I know they have both been around long enough to know that you should not assume that a moderator has read, and approves of, any post on the board. So, report it and give a moderator a chance to act where appropriate.

The 'ignore' feature is also under-used by those who are so fragile as to get upset by a few words on a messageboard. Try it, it might help.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I did report a post yesterday. Cant remember which, one started by saintswilltopplebrighton. Usual shit and still dragging up about last season even tho they now have Pompey to play with/annoy.

Ok I commented on it in the thread itself, to which Titanic replied he would rather ban those on here that tell then goon to f*** off instead of the goon himself. :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As ever, it's far easier to moan about an issue than actively engage in trying to resolve it.

I wonder how many times [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] have used the 'report post' function to highlight some of these outrageous incidents that have so enraged them. Without checking I know it will be very, very low if indeed either have filed a single report.

And I know they have both been around long enough to know that you should not assume that a moderator has read, and approves of, any post on the board. So, report it and give a moderator a chance to act where appropriate.

The 'ignore' feature is also under-used by those who are so fragile as to get upset by a few words on a messageboard. Try it, it might help.
Because no single post is particularly enraging, and because I can only imagine how annoying it must be for a single user to flood your report facility with a load of wanky "reports" for posts that when taken in isolation are barely anything to fuss over.

Neither TMLS nor I have gone OTT moaning about the state of NSC, but since thread has opened up the debate we are both giving anecdotal evidence in support of what we'd rather see done about it. In his case, locking threads. In my case, an away fans forum.

Oh, and the ignore feature is gash. If someone fucks up a perfectly thread by posting inflammatory bollox, how is "you have this user on ignore" going to fix that?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We are not saying that.

What we are saying is that complete GOONS who start a thread full of shite on a deliberate wind up should be stopped.

There are many fans from oher clubs who are sensible posters, Croydonbloke, Sir Nigel, Laughing Bluebird, Redneb (most of the time), Little Al, Mickey Pearce Hat, Bushy etc

Ha ha. Very clever, I can see what you have done here :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I wonder how many times @Simster and @Tony Meolas Loan Spell have used the 'report post' function to highlight some of these outrageous incidents that have so enraged them. Without checking I know it will be very, very low if indeed either have filed a single report.

The 'ignore' feature is also under-used by those who are so fragile as to get upset by a few words on a message board. Try it, it might help.

A little harsh in places there. I understand that mods aren't going to come online and read 25 pages of drivel... I wouldn't expect them too either. But I personally don't want to block people because it can either throw the thread out of sync, or it'll be commented on with a quote or sometimes that person may actually have something of interest that is worthy of reading. I do think however the 'lock thread' could be used more.

Can I just say this is not a moan Bozza because I know what it is like to moderate a forum, all be it on a smaller scale. I get sick and tired of being moaned at so I understand where you are coming from.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm in favour of actions such as the mods today who have merged all the Palace wind-ups into one single thread, and made clear that any WUM posting outside of that faces a ban.

Any Albion fan who is so sensitive that they feel they HAVE to go into that thread and get UPSET by it, needs to chill out a bit.

I agreed with TMLS that a proliferation of such threads at one time is unnaceptable, and will personally start locking multiple wind-ups.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
And if they were LOCKED then the thread would drop faster than a stone. Its easier to do that than "hope" that people wont respond which we all know people will.

True dat. Mods need to look at upping the ante.

With all due respect and all that, I think you will find I have banned more opposition supporters than most, that aside which matters not, the locking of threads gets alot of negative response, more often than not it creates a new thread where some will start a new thread saying "what happened to so and so thread" often a no win situation

On the whole I do think we all moderate it well, but that will always remain a matter of opinion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
With all due respect and all that, I think you will find I have banned more opposition supporters than most, that aside which matters not, the locking of threads gets alot of negative response, more often than not it creates a new thread where some will start a new thread saying "what happened to so and so thread" often a no win situation

On the whole I do think we all moderate it well, but that will always remain a matter of opinion.

Agree that on the whole you moderate well as a team. But when a thread is locked and dredged up as a new thread, do what I do. Delete it and warn the OP.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Credibility.
Never posted that often but spent many a winter night reading well constructed and more of often and not humorous posts.

It's not really chatting if your not posting, it's erm just reading! why don't you just stick to reading the Daily Mail?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here