Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC constantly 'Not Responding'

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Thanks for your support.

Nothing against the site bozza i have actually offered to donate when the Google issue came about, would still do now. Just don't trust the adds.

Be interesting to see a truthful response on here of those who run an add blocker.

seagulls

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nothing against the site bozza i have actually offered to donate when the Google issue came about, would still do now. Just don't trust the adds.

Be interesting to see a truthful response on here of those who run an add blocker.

seagulls

If/when I get round to running the code that blocks the site to those who use ad blockers, we'll soon find out. NSC can be white-listed easily.

We only run ads from Google - it's about as trustworthy as it gets.

Back to business - I've just re-started our Memcache server - I'll be interested to hear if anyone is still seeing Memcache issues...

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
If/when I get round to running the code that blocks the site to those who use ad blockers, we'll soon find out. NSC can be white-listed easily.

Back to business - I've just re-started our Memcache server - I'll be interested to hear if anyone is still seeing Memcache issues...

Cool that's fine.

seagulls

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Still getting the memcache thing on Firefox

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Good news, back up & running here. I don't know what browser is used as I'm not much of a techie, but I'm on a network; we get our internet via satellite here on a ship so obviously it's very slow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I got the memcache thing on firefox at home just now. Had to restart firefox to get on nsc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
still got memcache problem on Safari on Mac. Firefox on PC fine.

I just don't understand the intermittent nature of what is being reported.

You Safari/Mac - issues.
Lush - Chrome/Mac - issues.
Me - Safari and Chrome on Mac - not a single issue.

I'll take a further look tonight.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Memcache on Chrome startup this morning. Restarted and is fine at the moment. This is the first time this has happened to me, last night it went back to being very slow to post at times on the away game thread.
Apart from that and the lack of underdressed women no problems.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just don't understand the intermittent nature of what is being reported.

You Safari/Mac - issues.
Lush - Chrome/Mac - issues.
Me - Safari and Chrome on Mac - not a single issue.

I'll take a further look tonight.

Bozza - is it maybe a wider vBulletin problem? Googled 'Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 183' and seems like a few message boards have hit the same problem. (apologies if you've already done this, just offering a suggestion which may/may not be helpful)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza - is it maybe a wider vBulletin problem? Googled 'Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 183' and seems like a few message boards have hit the same problem. (apologies if you've already done this, just offering a suggestion which may/may not be helpful)

It would be a common problem if it's not properly installed. We've had it installed for months with no issues until recently, and we've not made any changes to the way it works.

I do wonder if there was an issue, some people encountered it, the issue has now gone but their browser has the issue cached locally. A clearing of the browser cache or a machine re-boot would resolve if so.

I guess if I disable the memcache server tonight and there are still a few isolated cases being reported then it would confirm it's an issue local to a few users who probably do need to re-boot.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Bozza, I wonder if this is something to do with UK servers? I noticed that not one person from abroad was experiencing problems. I certainly have none of the problems and I use IE, Chrome and Firefox on different computers. Or maybe to do with the advertising as we dont get the same advertising abroad?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I had exactly this at work today also.

Had a problem 'running scripts' as well.

I thought work had banned use of NSC!!

Mine is fine at work today for the first time this week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here