Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC constantly 'Not Responding'

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Today is the first day i have ben able to access NSC since last Thursday. I thought it was something to do with a new firewall i had installed but works fine today. Had the same problems as others, would load the front page then would freeze, task manager just kept saying "not responding"

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Fatal error

Anyone else getting this

Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 183

when visiting NSC using Firefox? Works fine in Google Chrome. Most odd.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not here.

rmc_15

Aug 9, 2011
Firefox has not been behaving for the past few days...I reverted back to IE for a while.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone else getting this

when visiting NSC using Firefox? Works fine in Google Chrome. Most odd.

A dude on twitter pointed that out to me earlier.

We use a Memcache server to aid performance. I can try disabling it, but it will have to wait until this evening. What I don't understand is why it would be intermittent - I've not seen it once for example.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Haven't had a problem at all on Firefox. Sometimes get these rather freaky one offs on my forum which makes it nigh on impossible to pin it down. A recent example however where I could pinpoint a problem were people trying to access on the iPhone and getting a banned message back! Sometimes it has nothing to do with the forum software or the server and everything to do with user personal settings, other devices, etc. Have to say when it is happening randomly it is more likely to be user settings than anything that the majority do not experience.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Strangely enough it's fine on my laptop but not on tapatalk (HTC Desire). Hasn't worked on my phone for two days. Connects but there are no posts to read. Other forums are fine.

Tapatalk working now. I cleared the cache and forced a stop.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
First time ive been able to get on since friday. As soon as you load the home page, it just freezes with task manager saying "not responding" This site has been very slow since the big change round a few years ago but seems ok now

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Can't access NSC at work on IE7 but working fine at home on iMac with Safari

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Could it be a add, i have an add blocker and don't get any issues. Seems the issue is on a number of browsers.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Why have an Ad blocker on a site that requires no subscription and relies on ads for its income?

Well as they annoy the hell out of me and sometimes there have bugs in them. So i block them all not just this site every site i go on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here