Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC constantly 'Not Responding'

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Bozza, I wonder if this is something to do with UK servers? I noticed that not one person from abroad was experiencing problems. I certainly have none of the problems and I use IE, Chrome and Firefox on different computers. Or maybe to do with the advertising as we dont get the same advertising abroad?

I'm abroad mate & I was having the same issues with it just freezing & having to go to task manager to get rid.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica today btw!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
If/when I get round to running the code that blocks the site to those who use ad blockers, we'll soon find out. NSC can be white-listed easily.

We only run ads from Google - it's about as trustworthy as it gets.

Back to business - I've just re-started our Memcache server - I'll be interested to hear if anyone is still seeing Memcache issues...

I have disabled ad blocker for this site only, but clearly if i get any warning of a malicious software il put it back on again and then obviously advise you.

I will add i done a search of the ad thing you use and there is alot of stuff out there about virus and bugs on it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yesterday was first time logged on for a couple of days or so. Using Firefox and gettig memcache message. OK today though.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I keep getting the message that "an add-on for this website failed to run. check the security settings in Internet Options for potential conflicts", but I can't find any conflicts. The main advert at the top of the Board is frequently not displayed. I have no idea why it does this, as it only started in the last couple of months, and to my knowledge my security settings have remained unchanged (mostly at the "paranoid" level). It doesn't prevent the rest of the site from running ok though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Back at work. Firefox loaded nsc weirdly (basic text page). I have switched to chrome and still pages are not loading completely, stopping with only half the board showing. I've had to reload some pages as many as 5 times before it would load the whole page.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NSC (Firefox) very sluggish again today. Getting the symptoms described by Acker79 above.

Is it maybe not handling the ads at the top & bottom of the page as well as it used to?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
getting the error "Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 183" last night between 10-11ish?

very odd since there are posts from that time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I do wonder if there was an issue, some people encountered it, the issue has now gone but their browser has the issue cached locally. A clearing of the browser cache or a machine re-boot would resolve if so.

I guess if I disable the memcache server tonight and there are still a few isolated cases being reported then it would confirm it's an issue local to a few users who probably do need to re-boot.

i dont know if you tried to disable, but the PHP is server side, so pretty much rules out local issues as the root. could be a misformed request or somthing being sent though? I first had the error couple of days ago, rebooted since.

i wonder, if you have a cluster of servers and one of them has something misconfigured? that would certainly explain working most the time and occasionaly not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here