Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC constantly 'Not Responding'

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
So Bozza, just to confirm, on my work computer (windows) it just freezes & I can't even close the page, I have to go to task manager & close down. On my Macbook now as I'm ashore, & it's working fine. Bit of a pisser if my work pc won't let me see NSC as that's how I follow the games!

so guessing its Safari for the Macbook (think thats what they run *dunno*) what browser for work computer?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I was having a problem. The page would never load completely, the blue loading bar at the top of the screen would not go away as it normally does when the page loads. Seems to be working now. I tried other sites and all loaded ok - just nsc..

this. exactly same happened to me on work computer today but been ok since been on home laptop.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
NSC not loaded at work all day, crashed computer 3 times!!! twice I had to pull the plug as it just froze all. Lap top at home works fine.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I use IE8 on my work PC, never had a problem with IE8 or NSC on it.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I had the exact same problem, but easily cured.
I use Windows Explorer. NSC froze up.
Installed updates, including Windows Explorer 9, now perfect.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Kept freezing today at work on IE8, fine now at home on Chrome.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So Bozza, just to confirm, on my work computer (windows) it just freezes & I can't even close the page, I have to go to task manager & close down.

I had exactly this at work today also.

Had a problem 'running scripts' as well.

I thought work had banned use of NSC!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ok on Chrome yesterday and today , Saturday between 5pm and 7.30pm NSC was very sluggish and glitchy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The problem with most work PCs is that they use IE 8 by default and for reasons I have never understood a lot of firms block automatic updates. Add in that unless you have Administrator access (and very few users do) you can't install updates. The end result is that a lot of people have a legitimate but buggy version which although their are patches they can't apply them.

I can use any browser I want at work but I use IE 8 as most of the users at my place do. Firefox has it's own issues so it's not quite as bombproof as some people seem to think.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My work computer is a laptop directly (well, wifi) linked to the router. It's not on a proper network at all, and is running IE9.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry, not been about since my post earlier - will turn off Skimlinks plugin shortly and hope it improves things for people.

Assuming so, I'll raise a call with Skimlinks.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
PC at home I.E 9. works ok, but get the message.An add on for this website failled to run.

Tried all day on my work pc (IE) and same problem as others just freezes & can't even close the page, I have to go to task manager & close down.

Also noticed that lately when using the go back one page button on the browser it often requires 3 attempts to go back - what's that all about - not a problem from home???

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I was having a problem. The page would never load completely, the blue loading bar at the top of the screen would not go away as it normally does when the page loads. Seems to be working now. I tried other sites and all loaded ok - just nsc..

f***ing around for me again.. Same thing as above

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was one particular Google Adsense network that seemed to be causing a hang for me yesterday, so I've deactivated that now to see if it improves things.

Can anyone experiencing difficulties please post on here with as much information as possible, particularly what your browser still seems to be trying to load.

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
Definitley better now
ib.adnxs
platform.twitter
googleleads

I think one has disappeared.

Incidentally I am using XP and ie8 on my pc
but using a laptop last night with Vista and ie9 - no problems

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here